FREE SAMPLES of Supplements?

LactoseLou

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get Free Samples? I am pretty much tired of buying a huge jug of supplement only to be let down that I didn't like the taste or the effects and I waste money in the long run.:(

So I was wondering if any companies give out free samples of there products so people can at least test them out before buying it would help.

thanks.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutraplanet typically throws in quite a few samples with your order, and right now for every order that has a BSN product, you will get a sample (while supplies last).

There are also often promotions when reps have a quote to hand out, and you can find free samples like this in the company promotions section and elsewhere on AM. Asking members can help get you some good opinions that might make your decision easier.

LactoseLou

Nutraplanet typically throws in quite a few samples with your order, and right now for every order that has a BSN product, you will get a sample (while supplies last).

There are also often promotions when reps have a quote to hand out, and you can find free samples like this in the company promotions section and elsewhere on AM. Asking members can help get you some good opinions that might make your decision easier.

thanks man

But last time I order from Nutra planet I never received any free samps.

I really like to taste something first hand cause last time I got recommended some stuff and it tasted horrible! so I realize everyone has different taste buds.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if anyone knows where to get Free Samples? I am pretty much tired of buying a huge jug of supplement only to be let down that I didn't like the taste or the effects and I waste money in the long run.:(

So I was wondering if any companies give out free samples of there products so people can at least test them out before buying it would help.

thanks.
I usually get some samples with my orders from Nutra Planet. My best advice is for you to hang around here and read what people have to say about the different supps that they have had experience with. Also in the Company Promotions section of the website they occasionally have different promos where you can get samples.

Nutra Planet has user reviews as well.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
thanks man

I really like to taste something first hand cause last time I got recommended some stuff and it tasted horrible! so I realize everyone has different taste buds.
i let you in on a secret trick.......write "please throw in some samples" in the comment box prior to check-out.
works like a charm.;)

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
thanks man

Ask for free samples in the comment box when you order.

Sometimes they don't have any, most times they do.

Saurabh

Awards
No disrespect man, but be assertive when you place an order. The world is $hit and noone's gonna give you anything free unless you ask for.

I typically will request some samples right at the time of placing order. Like in my last order I requested some slow-releasing protein samples and I received it. Earliers I have asked for BCAA samples, thermos, heck even the shaker jug hehehe.

So go ahead and ask, just be specific about what you need(and dont ask something thats wayyyy expensive). Be reasonable.

LactoseLou

I usually get some samples with my orders from Nutra Planet. My best advice is for you to hang around here and read what people have to say about the different supps that they have had experience with. Also in the Company Promotions section of the website they occasionally have different promos where you can get samples.

Nutra Planet has user reviews as well.
thanks

I read the reviews lots of times and I am interested in universal torrent sample, or something like intrabolic those beta alanine and creatine samples and pre workout supps and protein samples.

Right now Im just interested in those type of products I am a student and On a budget since I got let go from my job and trying to spend my money wisely.

LactoseLou

No disrespect man, but be assertive when you place an order. The world is $hit and noone's gonna give you anything free unless you ask for.

I typically will request some samples right at the time of placing order. Like in my last order I requested some slow-releasing protein samples and I received it. Earliers I have asked for BCAA samples, thermos, heck even the shaker jug hehehe.

So go ahead and ask, just be specific about what you need(and dont ask something thats wayyyy expensive). Be reasonable.

Wow I never knew this! thanks guys.

I thought the comments box was just for like requesting a certain shipping or box.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
thanks

I read the reviews lots of times and I am interested in universal torrent sample, or something like intrabolic those beta alanine and creatine samples and pre workout supps and protein samples.

Right now Im just interested in those type of products I am a student and On a budget since I got let go from my job and trying to spend my money wisely.
Every supplement that I have purchased since resuming training I have researched here first, and I haven't been let down yet.

Optimum Nutrtion makes a good whey protein powder

NP's bulk beta alanine is one of my favorite supplements. Its like $15 for a LOT of beta alanine. Some people complain that beta alanine is underdosed, so with the bulk you avoid this problem

NP's creatine monohydrate is also a great deal. I love creatine monohydrate, the stuff just plain works.

For a while my supplement routine consisted of:

8 grams of beta alanine mixed with creatine monohydrate 30-40 mins befor workout w/ optimum nutrition protein shake after workout w/ Muscle Milk with some added creatine before bed.

That is a very effective (as well as cost effective) supplement regimine for anyone.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man the only time I got extra stuff on my order was the very first time I ordered from nutraplanet. I got apple Syntrax Nectar, and bought a jug on my next order, also came with a shaker that is kind of a hassle to open all the way. I've ordered probably 10 times since then, and have never gotten anything. The last 2 times I ordered I requested a protein sample, didn't get anything still. I guess they just don't like me.

Might have to switch back over to the old black and green bulk-selling website for stuff sometimes. Then again, they never gave me samples either.

LactoseLou

Every supplement that I have purchased since resuming training I have researched here first, and I haven't been let down yet.

Optimum Nutrtion makes a good whey protein powder

NP's bulk beta alanine is one of my favorite supplements. Its like $15 for a LOT of beta alanine. Some people complain that beta alanine is underdosed, so with the bulk you avoid this problem

NP's creatine monohydrate is also a great deal. I love creatine monohydrate, the stuff just plain works.

For a while my supplement routine consisted of:

8 grams of beta alanine mixed with creatine monohydrate 30-40 mins befor workout w/ optimum nutrition protein shake after workout w/ Muscle Milk with some added creatine before bed.

That is a very effective (as well as cost effective) supplement regimine for anyone.

looks good but I got NP bulk WMS and NP bulk leucine and they overpower my shake the taste is strange I mix it in a blender too.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
looks good but I got NP bulk WMS and NP bulk leucine and they overpower my shake the taste is strange I mix it in a blender too.
I mix the creatine and beta alanine in a crystal lite type drink (I get the mix from Wal-mart its dirt cheap, and taste good), and it doesn't alter the taste at all. However, if I mix the stuff directly into a protein shake it does alter the taste.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I throw a scoop of powdered gatorade in to combat certain 'flavors'...

LactoseLou

I mix the creatine and beta alanine in a crystal lite type drink (I get the mix from Wal-mart its dirt cheap, and taste good), and it doesn't alter the taste at all. However, if I mix the stuff directly into a protein shake it does alter the taste.

what kinda gains have you seen with beta lanine and creatine? I am always scared to take creatine because of the bloat and kidney liver damage I heard it supposedly can cause.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
what kinda gains have you seen with beta lanine and creatine? I am always scared to take creatine because of the bloat and kidney liver damage I heard it supposedly can cause.

BA isn't for 'gains', its more of an endurance supplement.

For some, creatine doesn't cause 'bloat', others it can cause nausea, gas/cramping. It will add some water weight to you, but that helps your muscles grow. The water weight subsides once you stop.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I throw a scoop of powdered gatorade in to combat certain 'flavors'...
What's the deal with the powdered gatorade? Doesn't it have quite a bit of sugar? If so, why do people seem to drink it all the time? And secondly, what's a good powder like that with dextrose that tastes good, except with much less sugar?

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established

thanks.
ive recieved samples from controlled labs, head over to there section and search for the free samples post .. and they should be able to send you some by mail

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
As far as I know as long as you drink at least a gallon of water a day your liver and kidneys will be fine with creatine. When I was younger, and creatine first came out I used it extensively and definately didn't drink enough water and I still turned out fine.

I have seen great results using creatine by itself, in the past I have put on 8 lbs in a month from creatine alone.

It is hard for me to tell you exactly how much weight I have put on since taking creatine and beta alanine, because I am currently rebuilding my physique after nearly a decade long layoff.

I have a log going right now for a ph that I am running, and in the log I am keeping weight and tape measurements. This last Sunday I logged my measurements, and I compared them to measurements taken on Feb. 11 of this year. In that time I put on about 13 lbs. and lost an inch on my waist. The only supps that I had taken during that time period (barring one week on the ph. The ph was responsible for 1.5 lbs of weight). was the creatine/ beta alanine cocktail along with whey protein.

So I put on about 11-12 lbs of muscle using just creatine, beta alanine, whey, and lots of red meat and hard training from Feb 11- April 12

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
What's the deal with the powdered gatorade? Doesn't it have quite a bit of sugar? If so, why do people seem to drink it all the time? And secondly, what's a good powder like that with dextrose that tastes good, except with much less sugar?

Sucrose and dextrose are the main bits of it (and salts). Some quick sugar is necessary to aid in creatine uptake.

I'm not saying I walk around drinking it like water all the time, but it can be an effective taste masker that causes an insulin spike at the right time.

LactoseLou

As far as I know as long as you drink at least a gallon of water a day your liver and kidneys will be fine with creatine. When I was younger, and creatine first came out I used it extensively and definately didn't drink enough water and I still turned out fine.

I have seen great results using creatine by itself, in the past I have put on 8 lbs in a month from creatine alone.

It is hard for me to tell you exactly how much weight I have put on since taking creatine and beta alanine, because I am currently rebuilding my physique after nearly a decade long layoff.

I have a log going right now for a ph that I am running, and in the log I am keeping weight and tape measurements. This last Sunday I logged my measurements, and I compared them to measurements taken on Feb. 11 of this year. In that time I put on about 13 lbs. and lost an inch on my waist. The only supps that I had taken during that time period (barring one week on the ph. The ph was responsible for 1.5 lbs of weight). was the creatine/ beta alanine cocktail along with whey protein.

So I put on about 11-12 lbs of muscle using just creatine, beta alanine, whey, and lots of red meat and hard training from Feb 11- April 12

cool stuff care to share your Cocktail mixture? and when to drink it?I am gonna order me some of that from NP in the weeks to come when I cash my check.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Not quite sure what you mean, dextrose IS sugar.

http://www.iicag.com/dextrose.php
USAGE:
Dextrose is commonly used as a sweetener, a source of rapidly absorbed energy and a carrier in water soluble medications. Dextrose is approximately 70% as sweet as sucrose. International Ingredient Corporation dextrose is suitable for animal feed, pet food and industrial applications.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
Dextrose is glucose sugar refined from corn starch. Dextrose is a sweetener and a readily available source of energy. Dextrose is produced by the enzyme conversion of corn starch and then refined by ion-exchange demineralization.
Spiked insulin helps creatine absorbtion

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I usually just e-mail the supplement companies and ask for samples, many are quite generous.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established

Ya right... I spent 700 bucks the past month on supps and cycle stuff and not even ONE damn sample. I only got a brochure for some bogus company. None the less they're the one and only NutraPlanet but still didn't get SQUAT.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Ya right... I spent 700 bucks the past month on supps and cycle stuff and not even ONE damn sample. I only got a brochure for some bogus company. None the less they're the one and only NutraPlanet but still didn't get SQUAT.
did you type "samples please" in the comments box prior to check-out? you gotta ask to receive.

some of it depends on timming depending on how many companies are trying to distribute samples to promote a product.

and some companies only give NutraPlanet a limited number of samples. for example i know you had to specifically request samples of Chuck Diesel's product to get it.

if it's a specific product you really want to sample i recommend going directly to that company. they are usually very helpful if you are friendly and tactful in your begging.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nutra has NEVER let me down! All my clients/friends buy directly from Nutra now. Samples are always included in my packages, but I always ask AND say Thank You.

I have received so many samples of some things, they add up to a full bottle! Awesome, simply AWESOME!

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not quite sure what you mean, dextrose IS sugar.

Dextrose

Spiked insulin helps creatine absorbtion
My bad, I forgot -ose means sugar. I was thinking dextrose was more complex and somehow didn't classify as sugar.

I use grape juice with fiber with my creatine pre and post-workout. Would gatorade powder be more beneficial?

LactoseLou

I usually just e-mail the supplement companies and ask for samples, many are quite generous.
how often do they send some out and how long does it take to get to you?:donut:

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
did you type "samples please" in the comments box prior to check-out? you gotta ask to receive.

some of it depends on timming depending on how many companies are trying to distribute samples to promote a product.

and some companies only give NutraPlanet a limited number of samples. for example i know you had to specifically request samples of Chuck Diesel's product to get it.

if it's a specific product you really want to sample i recommend going directly to that company. they are usually very helpful if you are friendly and tactful in your begging.
Yup I asked nicely, I said sample please and nothing. I don't care anyways it's the principle of reseller to consumer relationships. Nutraplanet is still awesome like I said and I do majority of my shopping there, a free sample wouldn't hurt. Anyways...

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
cool stuff care to share your Cocktail mixture? and when to drink it?I am gonna order me some of that from NP in the weeks to come when I cash my check.
I mix the creatine and the BA in either juice or flavored water (like I said earlier I get the flavor mix from wal-mart).

I find that about 3 or 4 grams of creatine, and 8-10 grams of beta alanine is the sweet spot for me. Everyone's body is different, and in the interest of not wasting supps start a little lower than that and see how your body responds. I don't do a creatine loading phase, but some folks recommend it.

I take the creatine and beta alanine about 40 minutes before I work out, and I take another 4 or so grams of creatine before bed with my protein. Some folks use the beta alanine twice a day, but I only use it once. Like I said, its all about finding out what works for you.

LactoseLou

I mix the creatine and the BA in either juice or flavored water (like I said earlier I get the flavor mix from wal-mart).

I find that about 3 or 4 grams of creatine, and 8-10 grams of beta alanine is the sweet spot for me. Everyone's body is different, and in the interest of not wasting supps start a little lower than that and see how your body responds. I don't do a creatine loading phase, but some folks recommend it.

I take the creatine and beta alanine about 40 minutes before I work out, and I take another 4 or so grams of creatine before bed with my protein. Some folks use the beta alanine twice a day, but I only use it once. Like I said, its all about finding out what works for you.

cool also since there is no scoopers in the NP products bulk creatine and BA how does one know they are getting the right amounts?

Should I take creatine Daily or just on workoutdays and should I do the same for BA or just on workout days?

how long should I cycle this stuff?

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
cool also since there is no scoopers in the NP products bulk creatine and BA how does one know they are getting the right amounts?

Should I take creatine Daily or just on workoutdays and should I do the same for BA or just on workout days?

how long should I cycle this stuff?
I have a 2 gram scooper that I use in my BA (I am pretty sure it came with it, but it could have been from somewhere else) and creatine.

I take one serving of creatine on non-workout days, and no ba on non-workout days. You may want to do a creatine load and take the 20 or so grams a day for a week straight and then only take it on your workout days. You are going to find different opinions on this, so check around a bit.