fat loss stump

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Been dieting for 8-9 weeks. Lost probably 15-17lbs of fat so far, as well as a few pounds of muscle.

I've recently stalled at 184ish. My plateau before this one, 2 weeks ago was 187.
height is 5'10 weight obviously 184. Probably between 12-13 body fat.

My supps are
drive
igf-2
EC stack (twice a day 25/200, added because of plateau)
multi vitamin

My diet looks as follows
1900-2000 calories ED
60/15/25
265g protein
81g carbs
55g fats

Only break in diet is carb load on friday nights for matches on saturday

Everyday of the week I exercise for a minimum of 2 hours, a 3-4 days a week I exercise for around 4 hours a day.

What do I need to do? I'm not progressing as fast as I'd like to be, or think I should be. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some other cheap-ish supplement that I should add? Only thing I can think of is adding more healthy fats, but I eat 8 eggs a day and they're all O3 eggs. I donno if I want to add any oils for fear of adding calories.

Advice is appreciated

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Dude,
Up your fat intake for sure. You need roughly 20% or more of your diet to be fats so that hormone levels stay balanced. Testosterone is derived from saturated fats, and if test is high fat will fly off. You can probably up you calories all together a little bit, at 185 pounds or so you will probably lose weight at 2500 kcal if you are lifting and active. You may want to look into a diet plan such as the anabolic diet, where you keep carbs low like you are, but the majority of you calories come from fat. Also without suffeficient dietary intake of fats, your body will actually go into a survival mode where it tries to preserve fat by greatly slowing metabolism. Long story short you have to eat fat to lose fat. Now go get some eggs, peanut butter, and olive oil lol.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Also your numbers are messed up
According to your macro's your ratio is ~60/15/25 pro/carbs/fats.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Dude,
Up your fat intake for sure. You need roughly 20% or more of your diet to be fats so that hormone levels stay balanced. Testosterone is derived from saturated fats, and if test is high fat will fly off. You can probably up you calories all together a little bit, at 185 pounds or so you will probably lose weight at 2500 kcal if you are lifting and active. You may want to look into a diet plan such as the anabolic diet, where you keep carbs low like you are, but the majority of you calories come from fat. Also without suffeficient dietary intake of fats, your body will actually go into a survival mode where it tries to preserve fat by greatly slowing metabolism. Long story short you have to eat fat to lose fat. Now go get some eggs, peanut butter, and olive oil lol.

I figured that would be the sort of responses I'd get, and I guess I saw it coming. 8 omega three eggs and 2 turkey sausages isn't enough huh. Okay well, which sort of oil is the best? I can't add peanut butter because I'll eat the entire thing in one sitting. Or maybe I should try mega-dosing fishoil?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I hear you on the Peanut Butter thing lol I am the same way. Fish Oil is a good source of fats, and may assist weight loss. You will also benefit from:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (should be a staple in diet)
Flax Seeds and Flax Oil
Avocado's (Best Tasting fat IMO)
Egg's ( which you already have)
Coconut Oil (If you need saturated fats for the day)
Nuts, walnuts and almonds are great choices.

You may also want to consider trying sesamin oil or picking up the EFA Stack from nutraplanet. Another great product that may help you is Primordial Performance CLA ethyl ester. If you are interested in that shot me a pm.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I hear you on the Peanut Butter thing lol I am the same way. Fish Oil is a good source of fats, and may assist weight loss. You will also benefit from:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (should be a staple in diet)
Flax Seeds and Flax Oil
Avocado's (Best Tasting fat IMO)
Egg's ( which you already have)
Coconut Oil (If you need saturated fats for the day)
Nuts, walnuts and almonds are great choices.

You may also want to consider trying sesamin oil or picking up the EFA Stack from nutraplanet. Another great product that may help you is Primordial Performance CLA ethyl ester. If you are interested in that shot me a pm.

I think I'll start with adding some evoo (how much). That CLA ethyl seems to be a bit spendy for me right now, but looks interesting.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
With the evoo trying adding 2tbsp a day.
Also where are you carbs coming from?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
With the evoo trying adding 2tbsp a day.
Also where are you carbs coming from?
carbs are coming mostly from a single serving of oats before workout with additional carbs in small amounts coming from mixed veggies and an orange. Some in the protein shakes, also

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
How's this look? Added 3 tbsp of evoo

265pro/96fat/81carb
2210 calories

Should I drop out carbs even more for the weekdays and load during weekends to look more like the anabolic? I can cut out my serving of oats (150cal/27carb) and cut out mixed veggies(120cals/22carbs) Although that will put me back around 2000 calories.

Thoughts?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I would say stick with what you got right now, and see how it works for you. Just make sure to keep the oatmeal around your workout and you pretty much have a CKD plan right now. Don't worry about the vegi's though

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I'll try keeping the oats around workout days, which will put me at 61 carbs, on off days I'll cut the oats and be at 34 carbs. I'll add 1/4 cup on those days.

Oh and I bought Canola oil instead of evoo because it was way cheaper lol

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I'll try keeping the oats around workout days, which will put me at 61 carbs, on off days I'll cut the oats and be at 34 carbs. I'll add 1/4 cup on those days.

Oh and I bought Canola oil instead of evoo because it was way cheaper lol
Don't be cheap, go get some evoo. Canola oil is a different macro breakdown, you would be better off with the evoo. You should be able to get a in house brand at any grocery store for around 5 bucks a bottle.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Don't be cheap, go get some evoo. Canola oil is a different macro breakdown, you would be better off with the evoo. You should be able to get a in house brand at any grocery store for around 5 bucks a bottle.

sad part is I went to the most ghetto store I could, and canola was over 6 bucks. Cheapest evoo was over 10. Macros seemed the same, though? 120 cals, 14 fat, 2 sat fats. Different?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
compare the monosaturated and poly, olive oil is higher in mono and canola also has high amount of euric acid which may not be to healthy for humans

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
ps sorry if post come off as rude or blunt, not intended at all

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
ps sorry if post come off as rude or blunt, not intended at all
Not at all, no worries

Looks like you're right. EVOO is 1 poly:11 mono it does have 2g sat though.

Canola has 4 poly:9 mono but only has 1g sat. Since I bought this I'll stick with it, it's only about 25 days worth, anyways. Hopefully adding fats will work!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
EVOO... if you have a costco membership or the equivalent... for about $11 i got a huge container. about 2x what I would get at the supermarket.

Youve been dieting for 8-9 weeks? Id go on an all out splurge for a week (healthy thou). your leptin levels are probably extremely low..preventing weight loss. Personally Id bump calories to 4000 for about a week. While I never suggest adding in sugar, slightly higher carb intake wouldnt kill you, just keep it coming from natural / fiberous sources.

Weight loss is never a straight line... your body is resisting you because it is trying to maintain homeostasis, while you are unbalancing that by cutting. after 8 weeks, you need a rest. I would even take a few days and just stick to light workouts. let your body repair and recover...
then beat the **** out of it some more :D

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
EVOO... if you have a costco membership or the equivalent... for about $11 i got a huge container. about 2x what I would get at the supermarket.

Youve been dieting for 8-9 weeks? Id go on an all out splurge for a week (healthy thou). your leptin levels are probably extremely low..preventing weight loss. Personally Id bump calories to 4000 for about a week. While I never suggest adding in sugar, slightly higher carb intake wouldnt kill you, just keep it coming from natural / fiberous sources.

Weight loss is never a straight line... your body is resisting you because it is trying to maintain homeostasis, while you are unbalancing that by cutting. after 8 weeks, you need a rest. I would even take a few days and just stick to light workouts. let your body repair and recover...

4000 for a week? lol yikes. I'm sure it would help, though.
I'm gonna go for a big calorie weekend. Entire pizzas, lots of beer, lots of pasta, etc. Hopefully that will help. If it doesn't, well I may just try and entire week of high cals.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Been dieting for 8-9 weeks. Lost probably 15-17lbs of fat so far, as well as a few pounds of muscle.

I've recently stalled at 184ish. My plateau before this one, 2 weeks ago was 187.
height is 5'10 weight obviously 184. Probably between 12-13 body fat.

My supps are
drive
igf-2
EC stack (twice a day 25/200, added because of plateau)
multi vitamin

My diet looks as follows
1900-2000 calories ED
60/15/25
265g protein
81g carbs
55g fats

Only break in diet is carb load on friday nights for matches on saturday

Everyday of the week I exercise for a minimum of 2 hours, a 3-4 days a week I exercise for around 4 hours a day.

What do I need to do? I'm not progressing as fast as I'd like to be, or think I should be. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some other cheap-ish supplement that I should add? Only thing I can think of is adding more healthy fats, but I eat 8 eggs a day and they're all O3 eggs. I donno if I want to add any oils for fear of adding calories.

Advice is appreciated
stop drinking on the weekends after games. Im serious, it sucks , but that will help a lot.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

I agree with this, between rugby practices, games, your age, working out your metabolism should be in high gear, but it doesnt seem that way. I think you should take a break for about a week and eat very frequently over the next 4-5 days and alot, then start back up.