Tolerance to stims?

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Tolerance to stims?

I think I have a tolerance to stims. I just started using EC very recently, within the past month or so, but I don't use it everyday. Typically, I'll just pop some of the old Hydroxycut (which is expired by 3 years) when I really need to focus on studying, and this occurs maybe twice a week, whenever I remember.

Today, I took 25mg ephedrine HCl, 200mg of caffeine, and then about 35 minutes later, two Hydroxycuts which equate to about 120mg caffeine and 13mg ephedra (but expired, so I guess 1/3 of that). I didn't really feel much at all.

The other day, I took 37.5mg ephedrine HCl only and didn't feel anything from it. The thing is, I never use stims. The only time I've used stims in the past was to partake in the use of a recreational substance, and that was only 3-4 times over the course of 3 years, with the last time being about 18 months ago, so I don't think it's due to the receptors becoming saturated, thus not providing effects.

Could it just be that I have a high tolerance for stims? I'm about 195 pounds, maybe 15% bodyfat, in case that may be a reason for my tolerance.

I've taken the equivalent of probably 40mg ephedra and 600mg caffeine in the past 4 hours (I'm studying Genetics here, give me a break ), and I haven't felt much at all. I have been urinating a little more often, and I know that's due to increased blood flow, but I'm not really feeling the concentration effects from it. What gives?

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Stim tolerance is a very real possibility. I'm on day 3 of my Stim-Free week (I had to take a week off because I noticed I was getting poorer sleep and afternoon energy dips which is my personal sign I was using stims too much. I was loving the Ragnarok Blue-Razz a little too much lol )

There is an individual stim tolerance (comes down to genetics), but how does coffee/espresso hit you?
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

To tell you the truth, I just graduated from college in May 2007, and I can proudly say I've never tried coffee once in my life. Never felt the need to. I know tons of people that would drink coffee to help them stay awake to study, but if I ever needed to stay awake to study, I would just eat a meal, and that would give me some energy.

My appetite is suppressed right now. I just had to force myself to down a protein shake 20 minutes ago to get some calories in before I go for a bike ride. Maybe it is affecting me, just not to the degree I would like (enhanced focus for studying)?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.73%

Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    I think I have a tolerance to stims. I just started using EC very recently, within the past month or so, but I don't use it everyday. Typically, I'll just pop some of the old Hydroxycut (which is expired by 3 years) when I really need to focus on studying, and this occurs maybe twice a week, whenever I remember.

Today, I took 25mg ephedrine HCl, 200mg of caffeine, and then about 35 minutes later, two Hydroxycuts which equate to about 120mg caffeine and 13mg ephedra (but expired, so I guess 1/3 of that). I didn't really feel much at all.

The other day, I took 37.5mg ephedrine HCl only and didn't feel anything from it. The thing is, I never use stims. The only time I've used stims in the past was to partake in the use of a recreational substance, and that was only 3-4 times over the course of 3 years, with the last time being about 18 months ago, so I don't think it's due to the receptors becoming saturated, thus not providing effects.

Could it just be that I have a high tolerance for stims? I'm about 195 pounds, maybe 15% bodyfat, in case that may be a reason for my tolerance.

I've taken the equivalent of probably 40mg ephedra and 600mg caffeine in the past 4 hours (I'm studying Genetics here, give me a break ), and I haven't felt much at all. I have been urinating a little more often, and I know that's due to increased blood flow, but I'm not really feeling the concentration effects from it. What gives?
    Could be adrenal gland problems, have you considered taking reset AD by Palo Alto labs? It made my stim tolerance disappear
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

You can be stimulant intolerant without ever taking a stimulant in your life. Your body manufactures it's own stimulants that would whoop the pants off of any OTC stimulant product (epinephrine, l-methamphetamine, etc.) and you may just have low levels of GABA to give a more inhibitory action to balance out the stimulant/relaxant ratio. Also, you could supplement with NAC to up your glutathione levels and normalize glutamate.
    Freedom means nothing here.

Similar Forum Threads

1. AAS tolerance
    By rombusempire in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 06:32 PM
  2. AAS Tolerance (2)
    By IroNwIlL2006 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 01:14 AM
  3. Phenibut Tolerance
    By goslamacamel in forum OTC Drug