Xtend ruining my teeth?

searcyc2

Awards
I've been taking lemonade Xtend for about 1 month now. As soon as I started taking it I noticed an excess amount of plaque build up on the back of my bottom front teeth. At first I thought it was just normal build up overtime, but I just went to the dentist and had all the plaque scrapped off 1 wk ago. Now already I have mass plaque build up again. I can scrape it off with my fingernail and it comes off as a white sandy paste which turns into powder when rubbed between my fingers. I can scrape it off everytime after I finish an xtend drink (note, this is after brushing my teeth). It looks just like the minimum amount of left over, free floating powder that you will get in the last few ounces of your drink because it simply won't disolve all the way. I put 2 scoops xtend in a shaker cup and shake the thing vigorously for at least 30 seconds in 22 oz of water.

Anybody else experience this?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
What you have is a calcium build up. It is not because of the Xtend.

searcyc2

Awards
What you have is a calcium build up. It is not because of the Xtend.
Yeah i'm about 100% sure its from xtend.

Reason #1 As soon as I started taking xtend I noticed a lot extra build up.

Reason #2 I just went to the dentist 1 wk ago and already have a ton of build up. I brush my teeth twice/day and floss w/extremely clean diet.

Reason #3 After every xtend I drink I can scrape the white powder that looks exactly like xtend off my teeth. Matter of fact while i'm drinking xtend I can feel it deposit on my teeth. After each sip I will rub my tongue across the back of my teeth and notice more buildup.

Reason #4 None of this has ever happened until taking xtend.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established

Reason #2 I just went to the dentist 1 wk ago and already have a ton of build up. I brush my teeth twice/day and floss w/extremely clean diet.

Reason #3 After every xtend I drink I can scrape the white powder that looks exactly like xtend off my teeth. Matter of fact while i'm drinking xtend I can feel it deposit on my teeth. After each sip I will rub my tongue across the back of my teeth and notice more buildup.

Swish your mouth with 3 % hydrogen Peroxide and look into brushing your teeth w/hydrogen peroxide/baking soda combination for 1 minute each day prior to brushing in the morning or night... Or whenever you brush your teeth...

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've never noticed this myself. Can you simple rinse your mouth with some water to dislodge the residue? If not I would imagine you could brush your teeth afterwards.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
1) Do you dissolve the Xtend or is it half mixed?
2) Do you drink a lot of milk?
3) You can actually feel it depositing on the back of your teeth?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Xtend does not turn into plaque or cause plaque. It may leave a residue on your teeth as anything will do, but simple brushing will remove this. Its not like you drink some xtend and it instantly hardens and turns into plaque on your teeth. Come on now, really think about what your saying.....

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Xtend does not turn into plaque or cause plaque. It may leave a residue on your teeth as anything will do, but simple brushing will remove this. Its not like you drink some xtend and it instantly hardens and turns into plaque on your teeth. Come on now, really think about what your saying.....

LMAO

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is someone blaming their poor oral hygiene on someone/something else? :think:

searcyc2

Awards
I know its not plaque, just a word I chose to describe it. My bad. If you would actually read what I posted I said I brush twice/day and floss. I also wrote that I just went to the dentist 1 week ago.

Its whatever guys. I really enjoy this forum. If your gonna just be a bunch of dicks about it then maybe I should find another forum.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established

I would dare to speculate that it is indeed the extend.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It could be just a build up of Leucine. Leucine doesn't really disolve well in water (it's the floating white **** at the top). Could be that small amounts of Leucine are building up on the teeth.

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
Swish your mouth with 3 % hydrogen Peroxide and look into brushing your teeth w/hydrogen peroxide/baking soda combination for 1 minute each day prior to brushing in the morning or night... Or whenever you brush your teeth...
Not healthy at all to use something so harsh inside your mouth.

Xtend, like most supplement powders, is acidic. It contains Citric Acid, which contributes to tooth decay.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Brushing his teeth after drinking would solve the problem then.

Vinny

Awards
I've been taking lemonade Xtend for about 1 month now. As soon as I started taking it I noticed an excess amount of plaque build up on the back of my bottom front teeth. At first I thought it was just normal build up overtime, but I just went to the dentist and had all the plaque scrapped off 1 wk ago. Now already I have mass plaque build up again. I can scrape it off with my fingernail and it comes off as a white sandy paste which turns into powder when rubbed between my fingers. I can scrape it off everytime after I finish an xtend drink (note, this is after brushing my teeth). It looks just like the minimum amount of left over, free floating powder that you will get in the last few ounces of your drink because it simply won't disolve all the way. I put 2 scoops xtend in a shaker cup and shake the thing vigorously for at least 30 seconds in 22 oz of water.

Awhile back someone told me their stack was "staining" their teeth asked me if I ever had a problem.
I ONLY take my stack pre workout and I than rinse with listerine or saltwater and brush my teeth.
My teeth are very white I have had people ask me how I keep them so white and this after stack routine makes sure no plaque at all no stains ever.
Granted I train am before work and have time to do this. Either way saw guy weeks later told me problem solved . He used to brush his teeeth but you need to add either listerine or saltwater alternate them is best (I got that from some workout mag yrs ago)
I dont doubt at all its the Extend if your not able to do this right after you take it than dont take it .

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I get the same buildup on the back of my front bottom teeth..

Ideas what this is caused by? I don't take Xtend, and I recently switched tap water sources (which I think may have something to do with it).

searcyc2

Awards
For the people that have contributed something useful rather than feed their lack of self esteem I really appreciate it. Again, this forum is Awesome. Thanks

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
For the people that have contributed something useful rather than feed their lack of self esteem I really appreciate it. Again, this forum is Awesome. Thanks
So, my lack of self-esteem was shining through? Wow, that's really too bad.. I tried.. :(

Vinny

Awards

Ideas what this is caused by? I don't take Xtend, and I recently switched tap water sources (which I think may have something to do with it).

According to the article its supplements that cause stains . I doubt tapwater is the cause but who knows. I am not a Dentist lol but never heard of tapwater causing it
The guy who wrote the article said Creatine and another supplement forgot which type had begun to stain his teeth and how he solved it.
I didnt have any problems but used Creatine so didnt want to risk it . Stuff I take now is weak compared to creatine as I take cissus -mixed in water,and other dark stuff . Rinsing immediately after taking supplements has prevented any stains and my teeth are very white I attribute ONLY to my doing this right after I take my stack. .
Article said rinse first than brush and Listerine or saltwater . Listerine is strong so I just use it after stack , Saltwater I use at night .
I go to Dentist once a year if that which isnt to good and lady who examines me allways ask where do I go to get teeth cleaned as no plaque no stains and I eat lots hot red sauces,etc.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Xtend, like most supplement powders, is acidic. It contains Citric Acid, which contributes to tooth decay.

actually the peroxide is recommended for that particular use by doctors, it even says on the label something about gargling and mouth rinse.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
From what i've seen people have been pretty helpful, take the advice with a grain of salt and a sense of humor.

The only thing I can come up with is be more careful as to how you drink it. It is possible to minimize tooth contact when drinking this stuff. Xtend is good stuff, no complaints with watermelon.

matt96teg

Awards

You realize that a lot of toothpastes and mouth washes contain peroxide and it is recommended by dentists?

Anyhow I started using xtend again for the past month so far and I have no problem with build up on my teeth with any of the flavors and yes I have them all.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established

dude not cool, you stole my ceiling cat avatar.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
hmm

the buildup that usually occurs on the back of your bottom front teeth begins as plaque and if you add a good dose of minerals it can turn into calculus (tartar). I don't think xtend has sugar but it may have the minerals to help buildup calculus. Different people have different amounts of minerals within their saliva and you may be one of these people.

I would rinse with water after eating your xtend. Don't brush right after, but say after 15 mins have a brush if you like. Floss as you seem to do.

Do you eat much sugar?

searcyc2

Awards
I don't eat sugar or drink milk much. I'm on the anabolic diet. I believe its the luceine causing the build up. Like I said, I went to the dentist 1 wk ago and had all my plaque removed. The same build up came right back. I can scrape it off with my fingernail. Kinda gross huh? Its actually hard to notice the buildup with the feel of ur tongue rubbing accross it. However, if all the xtend users here would scrape the back of their bottom teeth with their fingernail I bet u would be surprised at how much white powder comes off. I do it everyday.

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
actually the peroxide is recommended for that particular use by doctors, it even says on the label something about gargling and mouth rinse.
Doctors are idiots.

I'm 100% serious.

I subscribe to alternative medicine

You realize that a lot of toothpastes and mouth washes contain peroxide and it is recommended by dentists?
Yes I do. They are giving out foolish advice.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Doctors are idiots.

I'm 100% serious.

So, what can you tell me to back up your thoughts on this matter? Inform me!!!

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
So, what can you tell me to back up your thoughts on this matter? Inform me!!!
Teeth need minerals, not harsh chemicals. That's not the proper way to do it. The Western medicine way is to use harsh drugs on everything, including teeth.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

Its not the xtend. Its simply due to plaque accumulation leading to calculus. regular brushing/flossing will keep this under control.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

The ducts from the sublingual gland empty just under the tongue behind your mandibular incisors. This is the most common area for calculus to form because it is constantly exposed to fresh salivary fluid (rich in calcium and other minerals). The 2nd most common area is in the region of the 1st and 2nd molars (where the parotid duct is located).

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
According to the article its supplements that cause stains . I doubt tapwater is the cause but who knows. I am not a Dentist lol but never heard of tapwater causing it
The guy who wrote the article said Creatine and another supplement forgot which type had begun to stain his teeth and how he solved it.
I didnt have any problems but used Creatine so didnt want to risk it . Stuff I take now is weak compared to creatine as I take cissus -mixed in water,and other dark stuff . Rinsing immediately after taking supplements has prevented any stains and my teeth are very white I attribute ONLY to my doing this right after I take my stack. .
Article said rinse first than brush and Listerine or saltwater . Listerine is strong so I just use it after stack , Saltwater I use at night .
I go to Dentist once a year if that which isnt to good and lady who examines me allways ask where do I go to get teeth cleaned as no plaque no stains and I eat lots hot red sauces,etc.
Rinsing with water after meals (and CHO containing or acidic beverages) is always a good idea. This is second only to brushing. This will help wash away the substrate that bacteria need to thrive in the developing biofilm pellicle.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

This is actually a cheap and effective brew your own whitening toothpaste. Different forms of peroxide (carbamyl peroxide, carbamide peroxide, etc) are common additions to whitening toothpastes and things like crest whitestrips.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
It is effective and safe. I'd suggest mixing it with approx 1/2 water and 1/2 peroxide. If that's too strong, make it 2/3 water and 1/3 peroxide.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I don't eat sugar or drink milk much. I'm on the anabolic diet. I believe its the luceine causing the build up. Like I said, I went to the dentist 1 wk ago and had all my plaque removed. The same build up came right back. I can scrape it off with my fingernail. Kinda gross huh? Its actually hard to notice the buildup with the feel of ur tongue rubbing accross it. However, if all the xtend users here would scrape the back of their bottom teeth with their fingernail I bet u would be surprised at how much white powder comes off. I do it everyday.
The pellicle formation begins almost immediately after brushing. Within a few hours you've got a decent plaque accumulation. This is why its wise to brush multiple times per day.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Doctors are idiots.

I'm 100% serious.

I beg to differ. What are you basing these statements on? I find them pretty insulting.

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
I beg to differ. What are you basing these statements on? I find them pretty insulting.
My own experience and the testimony of hundreds of individuals who have had experiences with clueless, boneheaded M.D.'s.

I revealed my bias early on: I'm a subscriber of alternative medicine. You and I are in opposing camps.

Bleaching your teeth white with harsh chemicals is not a healthy thing to do. Neither is artificially lowering your cholesterol. Or taking NSAID's. Now you see where I'm going with this.

It's also worth noting that tooth decay is virtually impossible on a carb-free diet. What type of diet is endorsed by the medical establishment? High carb.

What type of diet is endorsed by alternative health sources? Low carb.

Weston Price.