need help choosing a meal replacement

gatorade12

Awards
What meal replacments would you recommend for somebody with these goals in mind?

I want to be able to lose weight while keeping my lean muscle mass. Also the meal replacement would ideally have the EFA and CLA, etc that you would need.

Vitamins would be a plus but not essential since I can always just get another multivitamin thing.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Can you make your own? Your requests are pretty specific and since your really looking for fat loss you are much better off making your own. By making your own you will know exactly what is in it and can adjust the macros to your liking.

cantstop19

Awards
if you cant make your own i would go with either vpx or optimum nutrition i think those are the two most trusted companies that youll find in vitaminn shoppe

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
MetRX MR packets FTW! Well i was bulking....haha

So i say Just fix your diet. More fish, less bad fats. Lay of the carbs...

Most MRs will have shyt ton of vits in them too. Also, you want bars or packets?

I have never seen one with enough CLA in it to be effective.
EFA dosing very high i shown to be effective for fat loss.

I think you need to reconsider what you are tryint ot get out of the MR.

gatorade12

Awards
i'm not counting on a mrp to help me lose wieght, just the diet part

something low carb, low fat, ok protein

vitamins/efa and cla aren't necessary but if they are included then its a nice bonus since I can get them a different way

how would you make your own mrp? also is there any out there designed specifically with fat loss in mind?

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Try SAN's Infusion if you can afford it. Great profile and tastes really good. I tried the Cinammon Oatmeal and was very impressed.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
If you NEED an mrp and those are your goals, i suggest dymalean by dymatize
42G p 5G c(4 from fiber) and 2.5 g f.
Taste isnt too bad and it isn't too expensive.

however it is cheaper to make your own and usually healthier.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Check out our Core MRP

Core Nutritionals Product Writeups

Pimp C

Awards
i like myogenix myolean evolution. 42protein 13carbs 6fiber 8fat. it has zero whey concentrate and zero maltodextrin. it's a 50/50 blend of fast/slow digesting proteins. carbs are mainly fiber and the fats come from cla,mct's,flax.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
Well i use MET-RX MRPs they are the nuts.

But i would reccomend any of the following:
Dymatize Dyma-Lean
Labrada Carb Watchers Lean Body
Metabolic Diet MRP LoCarb
Nature's Best Isopure Low Carb
EAS Myoplex Carb Sense Shake

There are many other good ones but these would be good for cutting

Muscle-Link Muscle Meals also have low carbs and quite a bit of good fats

Last edited:

lowxclazz

Awards
I really like EAS Myoplex Original. Taste is amazing, the packets make it easy to take anywhere, and with my little knowledge, it seems to have a decent profile. I drink I one for breakfast and one an hour before bed.

Saurabh

Awards
What meal replacments would you recommend for somebody with these goals in mind?

I want to be able to lose weight while keeping my lean muscle mass. Also the meal replacement would ideally have the EFA and CLA, etc that you would need.

Vitamins would be a plus but not essential since I can always just get another multivitamin thing.
Get bulk whey, mix it with some macademia oil(or if you are on budget throw in plain olive oil). Add some fibre and you are set. Sip this every 2-3 hours taking in 20-25 grams of protein per serving.

This will give you better result that most products.