Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.46%

Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass

lookin for user feedback. results/taste.
    Also 40g sugars? too much?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.82%

I haven't personally used it, but 40 grams of sugar I guess isn't to bad, it depends. There are cleaner mass gainers out there in terms of sugar, but the sugar will add calories to. I guess it depends on what you feel comfortable with. If your looking to mass up though I don't think it could hurt to much.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%

imo i would go with the pro complex gainer, its a much better overall weight gainer its only got 6g of sugar thats your best bet its got whey for fast acting protein and casein for slow acting proteins thats your best bet
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.46%

Thanks man. I was lookin for somethin high in calories and came across this. I will look into it tho
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.39%

I think you would be better off making your own gainer. All you really need is a blender, whey/casein, oats, and milk. other options include fruit, PB, cottage cheese, nuts, and yogurt.

This would be better nutritionally and you would be able to adjust the macros to fit your needs.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%

yea just check into it its not always about the calories cause usually in high calorie shakes like that its bad calories, pro complex gainer is they way to go
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.46%

noted
  8. wilson199

I have already finished 2 12lbs bags. In that period i have gained about 20 pounds. Now i cant say all of this comes from eating protein, but normally i do have hard time putting on the pounds. The taste is alright... i am thinking about vanilla next. Adding milk makes it clump up pretty bad, but it is more shake like. The scoop is ridiculous. I usually take 1 scoop in the morning and 1 after working out. While the price of the 12 pound bag is cheap, it goes real quick. there is only like 13 servings (2 scoops per serving). That the only bad part i can say. I currently live in a dorm so i dont have a blender. but i recommended getting whey protein and adding oatmeal and pb. itll be cheaper in the long run. good luck with it
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.89%

Quote Originally Posted by brandon615 View Post
    lookin for user feedback. results/taste.
    Also 40g sugars? too much?
    From standard gainers... my opinion is that Optimum Nutrition's is not a far cry from your standard maltodextrin/whey combo. You're talking about a micronutritionally devoid sugar compared to a micronutritionally devoid ALMOST a sugar. I had a bag of the chocolate, it tasted decent but nothing great.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I bought some today. Chocolate. Cost me $26
    Put 1 serving(2 scoops) in the blender, with milk and some peanut butter.The taste was really good.

I'll try out a bag of 2 and see where it gets me. I have a very hard time putting on the pounds.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206.8 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.2%

Quote Originally Posted by AFJON View Post
    I think you would be better off making your own gainer. All you really need is a blender, whey/casein, oats, and milk. other options include fruit, PB, cottage cheese, nuts, and yogurt.

This would be better nutritionally and you would be able to adjust the macros to fit your needs.

This is the way to go...much cheaper!!

If you look at any of the gainers out there, the amount of servings you get is really small. So, they are not cheap at all
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

i used the chocolate once.

youll need to start out with half a serving (1scoop) a full serving is alot to start with trust me.

Definately use a blender. Its been awhile but i think i would use half milk half water and add Peanut butter, sometimes other stuff. It puts on the pounds and for the amount you are taking in 40g of sugar isnt much compared to other gainers. I think its a good buy but a cheaper solution is like what others said....a homemade gainer, but if youre lazy then this stuff would be my pick. Good price imo and full of vitamins.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.46%

Its a toss up between cytogainer, ON serious mass, and ON pro complex gainer. (all vanilla)

Suggestions?
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.89%

Its a toss up between cytogainer, ON serious mass, and ON pro complex gainer. (all vanilla)

Suggestions?
    I'd rate them in that exact order actually, from top to bottom. Profile stance... I really have a jaded look on gainer products, and the profiles look very similar to me; I tend to disregard portions of profiles in terms of how important they are. Cytogainer tasted good/decent price, SM is a good price and ok taste, Pro Complex Gainer fails to impress me on the price to benefit.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Man View Post
    I'd rate them in that exact order actually, from top to bottom. Profile stance... I really have a jaded look on gainer products, and the profiles look very similar to me; I tend to disregard portions of profiles in terms of how important they are. Cytogainer tasted good/decent price, SM is a good price and ok taste, Pro Complex Gainer fails to impress me on the price to benefit.
    Yeh when i saw the price of pro complex gainer i was like wtf
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Suggestions?
    ive tried all three and cytogainer seems like the "healthiest" but ON serious mass gave the most weight gain for what you pay. the complex gainer is just not worth it imo.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.27%

i had bad expirence w/ ON serious mass .. best thing to do is .. take 1/2 at once then another 1/2 later ..worked better .. i tried drinkin 1 serving at once .. and jus had stomach problems. do you have a vitamin shoppe retailer near u ?
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.28%

its 20g sugar. I think its better to blend 1 scoop with skim milk & 2tbsp peanut butter. This would lower SM sugars to 10 (b4 adding milk).

if Fructose is ok check muscle juice.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.89%

Quote Originally Posted by psychobabble View Post
    i had bad expirence w/ ON serious mass .. best thing to do is .. take 1/2 at once then another 1/2 later ..worked better .. i tried drinkin 1 serving at once .. and jus had stomach problems. do you have a vitamin shoppe retailer near u ?
    Actually, that's how I recommend taking almost any weight gainer - and SM is no exception to my rule of thumb. I usually divide down gainer calories to be 350-500 (depending), then mix that with milk. You can easily be anywhere from 400-600 calories depending, usually without feeling bloated, overly full, or GI upset. You may be having trouble with the lactose content of SM when taking a full serving (lactase is not just present or not present in the body - it can be present in varying levels), however there are still other possibilities.
  20. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.62%

40g sugar isn't too much? Unless your a hardgainer like myself I wouldn't suggest anyone else using that unless you want to put on some fat pounds too. Like mentioned there are cleaner weight gainers. I have to actually pick up a weight gainer for a cycle coming up but it sure ain't going to have 40g of sugar.
  21. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.62%

I was just looking at Nutraplanets weight gainers and already the first best seller for weightgainers is TRUE-MASS and the contents are good.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/b...-5-75-lbs.html
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.46%

Thanks for all the help you guys. Yeh i will probly split the doses like suggested.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Man View Post
    Actually, that's how I recommend taking almost any weight gainer - and SM is no exception to my rule of thumb. I usually divide down gainer calories to be 350-500 (depending), then mix that with milk. You can easily be anywhere from 400-600 calories depending, usually without feeling bloated, overly full, or GI upset. You may be having trouble with the lactose content of SM when taking a full serving (lactase is not just present or not present in the body - it can be present in varying levels), however there are still other possibilities.
    yahh i learned it the hard way .. now i make a 1000cal drink ..and im doing what u suggested ..works great
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Heres the best weight gain shake..

2 scoop whey
    2 tbsp PB
    2 tbsp honey
    2 cup oats
    skim or whatever milk you prefer and throw in any extra aminos you'd like.

Then a banana or strawberries is nice, depends on what flavor whey you have..
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.37%

Dude.
    ON Pro Complex Lean Gainer.
    Done.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've made my own gainer before like the ones stated above, and this is the first time I've bought a specific weight gainer product.

I'm pleased with it so far. I drink it(the blender full) in about 3 servings. All at once would be a monumental task.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    I've made my own gainer before like the ones stated above, and this is the first time I've bought a specific weight gainer product.

I'm pleased with it so far. I drink it(the blender full) in about 3 servings. All at once would be a monumental task.
    Haha yeah I know what you mean.

When I first started lifting I saw NLarge2 on sale and I'd try to chug the 4 scoops+strawberries and a banana right after my workout.. ouch that hurt. Lol.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I love mixing the chocolate with scoops of PB. It really does taste very good. I think I might have just found a staple product.

I ordered some for our store yesterday.
  29. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

even tho i know the low down on weight gainers and how you can make effective homemade gainers i still have thought about picking this stuff up again.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Heres the best weight gain shake..

2 scoop whey
    2 tbsp PB
    2 tbsp honey
    2 cup oats
    skim or whatever milk you prefer and throw in any extra aminos you'd like.

Then a banana or strawberries is nice, depends on what flavor whey you have..
    I second this. But if you want premixed On Pro Complex Lean gainer.
  31. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i used it a few years ago.. its a decent taste... the best gainer is REAL GAINS
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    I second this. But if you want premixed On Pro Complex Lean gainer.
    How many calories would you say this is?

Similar Forum Threads

1. optimum nutrition
    By ambulldog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 02:15 PM
  2. Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass ?
    By mattakaspeedy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 10:27 AM