Experiencing Joint Pain - Need Help ASAP!

  1. Banned
    MuscleGuyinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,106
    Answers
    0

    Experiencing Joint Pain - Need Help ASAP!


    So, for the past day or two, I've had a sharp pain around my left elbow. I believe it's a joint that's dried out. It's really painful! I don't think I could put up with it for another 3-5 days by waiting on an order, so is there anything that anybody could suggest as a 'quick fix' that I could pickup at my local Wal-Mart?

    Thanks.

  2. Registered User
    Australian made's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,160
    Answers
    0


    Glucosamine, fishoil, water!!
  3. Banned
    MuscleGuyinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,106
    Answers
    0


    I have fish oil and drink plenty of water. I take 2-4 fish oil per day.

    I'm gonna try to stop into Wal-Mart tomorrow and pickup some Glucosamine. This is fcuking painful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    Glucosamine, fishoil, water!!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Australian made's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,160
    Answers
    0


    I here ya man, i know the feeling. Do you have cissus on order? Im still undecided on weather its helped my joint pain or not. Get about 2gm's per day of the glucosamine and see how that treats you.
  5. Registered User
    Condition1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    492
    Answers
    0


    Doesn't Glucosamine take about a month to take effect? I very well could be wrong.
  6. Registered User
    ImJ2x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,236
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    Doesn't Glucosamine take about a month to take effect? I very well could be wrong.
    You're right: Glucosamine takes a long time to gradually build effectiveness, if it works at all. (And for me, it didn't.)
    You must get your hands on some cissus. You will get almost immediate pain relief, and actual structural healing within a month or two. It's miraculous stuff. Even if you have to wait a week, order some. You'll be glad you did.
    mw2012
  7. Banned
    MuscleGuyinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,106
    Answers
    0


    I still might make a stop to Wal-Mart. I just need to find some way of dealing with this ASAP. It's getting unbearable.

    I will be sure to get around to ordering some cissus.

    Thanks, guys.
  8. Registered User
    Condition1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    492
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ImJ2x View Post
    You're right: Glucosamine takes a long time to gradually build effectiveness, if it works at all. (And for me, it didn't.)
    You must get your hands on some cissus. You will get almost immediate pain relief, and actual structural healing within a month or two. It's miraculous stuff. Even if you have to wait a week, order some. You'll be glad you did.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Up the dosage on the Omega-3s (unless you meant 2-4 grams?), higher dosages are great for your joints, but not immediate.
  9. Registered User
    WheyGood's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    624
    Answers
    0


    Well, I believe strongly in Cissus, but that will take a few weeks before it really starts working.

    As a short-term treatment, Emu Oil is anti-inflammatory. I have purchased 100% emu oil over the internet, but you can get a product called "Blue Emu" in drug stores like CVS or Rite Aid.

    Blue Emu is Emu Oil in an Aloe vera base, along with Glucosamine and MSM. Try icing the elbow and then rubbing in some of the Blue Emu several times per day.

    I'd also up the fish oil to 10 to 12 caps per day (that's what I take year-round).
  10. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,785
    Answers
    0


    Instead of trying to supplement, ICE and REST should be the only thing in your routine for at least a week. Don't aggitate it by moving it around too much. Also, try some forearm stretches.
  11. Registered User
    krazy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    211
    Answers
    0


    Dude, see a doc if its that unbearable man.

    If anything, theyll give you some GOOD drugs until your supps arrive.
  12. Gold Member
    Big BAMA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,409
    Answers
    0


    Go Ahead and order the Cissus, I doubt the glucosimine you get from WalMart will give you immediate results. Usp's Super Cissus RX is what I have been using and it works!
  13. Registered User
    jdev's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    611
    Answers
    0


    get celebrex samples from a doctor or try a bunch of ibuprofen. not good for building muscle though.
  14. Registered User
    ralph4u2c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    27
    Posts
    759
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by WheyGood View Post
    Well, I believe strongly in Cissus, but that will take a few weeks before it really starts working.

    As a short-term treatment, Emu Oil is anti-inflammatory. I have purchased 100% emu oil over the internet, but you can get a product called "Blue Emu" in drug stores like CVS or Rite Aid.

    Blue Emu is Emu Oil in an Aloe vera base, along with Glucosamine and MSM. Try icing the elbow and then rubbing in some of the Blue Emu several times per day.

    I'd also up the fish oil to 10 to 12 caps per day (that's what I take year-round).
    agreed. high does of fish oil + emu oil is a relatively cheap and quick way to help ease the pain that i found works. i think they make some joint relief cream at CVS as well, check into that.
  15. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,785
    Answers
    0


    I'm sorry, MuscleGuy, but pain is there to tell you something. Trying to mask it may cause further damage. Rest up and ICE it; see a DR; and good luck.
  16. Registered User
    wood23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    160
    Answers
    0


    What are you taking to make joints to dry out?
  17. Registered User
    Dadof2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    663
    Answers
    0


    For right now ice it and rest it and see a Dr.

    Get some glucosamine/chondroiten/MSM, but get it in liquid form. It will take a while before you start feeling it, but the stuff has done absolute wonders for me.

    I am also a big fan of cissus, but I didn't feel it until after a few days.
  18. Registered User
    slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,156
    Answers
    0


    Does this mean your Hemodraulix log will be postponed yet again?
  19. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    800
    Answers
    0


    Joint pain get a heat pillow and leave it on it. I usually get that when I stretch my arm or band the joint on something. It stays for around a week then goes away. I don't know if this is the same thing.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Wanderlei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    255
    Answers
    0


    Seeing a doctor is the proper course of action. You want to make sure it isn't something potentially hazardous.
  21. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    Does this mean your Hemodraulix log will be postponed yet again?
    he postponed it? I though he started already after that whole drama.

    Damn that sucks for you guys :[
  22. Banned
    goslamacamel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    405
    Answers
    0


    Keep cissus quadrangularis and liquid fish oil ready to megadose AT ALL TIMES. I have never had a lasting pain since doing this. A few hours after inflammation/stiffness/pain arises, I start megadosing on these two things for at least 2 days. The pain NEVER stands a chance and I'm ready to work the exact same body part which pained me in a day or two.
  23. Registered User
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    he postponed it? I though he started already after that whole drama.

    Damn that sucks for you guys :[
    Not to worry i'll begin my log of hemodraulix as soon as it arrives...
  24. Dave
    Board Sponsor
    Palo Alto Labs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,058
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Instead of trying to supplement, ICE and REST should be the only thing in your routine for at least a week. Don't aggitate it by moving it around too much. Also, try some forearm stretches.
    ice
    x2
  25. Banned
    MuscleGuyinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,106
    Answers
    0


    I've been megadosing the fish oil. I took a day off from the gym yesterday and 2 days before that. I've been trying to use my left arm as least as possible, specifically any actions requiring me to bend my arm and put pressure on my left elbow.

    It's starting to feel slightly better. I ordered some Super Cissus RX, but that won't be here for a day or two. I'll be stopping by Wal-Mart this evening before going to the gym. I'll pick something up for joint pain relief. I'll probably try soaking in the hot tub at some point. We'll see how things go and see how things feel by tomorrow morning.
  26. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    One fish oil with each meal, glucasomine, icing it every night intill itsreally cold(dont freeze it) and seeing a specialist.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  27. Registered User
    poacher's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  285 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    278
    Answers
    0


    OKAY brother. I am going to tell you what helped with a similar problem (and pray it helps you) best I got. My Elbow had been killing me about a month or 2. Guy at my gym notices and Says. That part of the body gets terrible blood flow. Thats why it takes a lot longer to heel than most other injuries. Anyways he had me lay my arm out flat and rotate my wrist left to right to left (back and forth basically) I did it with a 1lbs dumbell. the amount of weight doesnt matter. It is getting the blood to flow their. I did this for a few weeks from time to time. I am good to go. Hope this helps. Poacher
  28. Banned
    goslamacamel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    405
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by poacher View Post
    OKAY brother. I am going to tell you what helped with a similar problem (and pray it helps you) best I got. My Elbow had been killing me about a month or 2. Guy at my gym notices and Says. That part of the body gets terrible blood flow. Thats why it takes a lot longer to heel than most other injuries. Anyways he had me lay my arm out flat and rotate my wrist left to right to left (back and forth basically) I did it with a 1lbs dumbell. the amount of weight doesnt matter. It is getting the blood to flow their. I did this for a few weeks from time to time. I am good to go. Hope this helps. Poacher
    I agree, anti-inflammatory supplements while doing very light weight high rep exercises with the joint in question.
  29. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    In the new life extension Magazine Bromelain 200-400 mgs between meals. Ive been taking this as part of my digestive enzyme. I think ill buy bromelain and give it a go.

    also treats sinusitis and nasal inflammation
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  30. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    I'm taking 200-300 mgs mgs of bromelain a day, which is just as effective as nsaid's.

    also I take Now's super digestive enzyme which has it in it just about with every meal. For Bromelain to work for aches take it between meals
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  31. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    also certain exercises for that soreness to work it out. Research it. If you do your research you'll find out more than your specalist. i did and I still see him. i've gotten more out of my own research than him. Still go to him though
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. b12 and joint pain
    By Mad_Scientist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
  2. joint pain
    By ryaroberts in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 02:56 PM
  3. Joint pain E2?
    By rfish1966 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 12:44 PM
  4. joint pain??
    By bronx220 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 04:06 PM
  5. GVT and Joint Pain
    By ironviking in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in