WTF is usnic acid?

What does it do?

How does it do it?

How did the compound come about?

If I dont find out soon...I'm gonna be the green guy:saw:

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
It's a fat uncoupler. Are you cutting? If not, don't bother with it. Very effective, BTW

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
from what Ive heard its pretty taxing on your liver.. you ever heard of DNP? its supposed to work like that but not as strong

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I did a 2 week cycle with WYD's UA. Either the stuff is bunk, or I just reacted well to it. I'm going with the latter, had absolutely no sides(slight heat) Take about 2-3g ALA/day, liver will be fine.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
when you say reacted well.. you mean no side effects? or lost a good amount of weight?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. Was on a calorie deficit, lowered cardio slightly.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Not cutting, just curious, sounds a little like DNP

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
5 pounds in 2 weeks! ****...

how much Muscle did you lose

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Works like DNP, sides not as harsh. I don't think there's as much a chance of death as DNP.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Not much, if at all. UA can also be used when dieting is a little more liberal.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I read that it has caused liver shut-down in some people (in doses of up to 2g/day)

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you take plenty of ALA and drink a lot of water. I went up to 2g/day for final 4 days. No sides.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I read that it has caused liver shut-down in some people (in doses of up to 2g/day)

This is simply not true. 1 person had their liver enzyme levels checked while they were on and the test found elevated levels. The liver shut-down info comes from a lengthy debate on the bb.com board where the poster of the thread came to false conclusion based on his evidence. There is an pretty decent FAQ that you can read for more info on UA on the main bdc site.

Sean

Awards
Safe for a seventeen year-old? I wanna get some for my nephew.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Safe for a seventeen year-old? I wanna get some for my nephew.
Since I have never regulated age on sales of usnic acid, I have had some people around 17 yrs old purchase and use UA with no problems. Legally, for liability purposes, I won't recommend it to anyone under 18 years of age.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
what would you consider to be a good dose on UA, WYD? I am getting very curious about it again.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
what would you consider to be a good dose on UA, WYD? I am getting very curious about it again.
Recommended dosage is 250-500mg although some people have taken it beyond that with great success. I suggest working your way up and starting at 250mg for a couple days to assess tolerance.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Hmm..sounds good. How far beyond 500 have people gone, though?
A good amount of people dip into the 750mg-1G range....some people have ran it as high as 2g (do not do this). As I mentioned before, we recommend 250-500mg per day, taken any way you wish.

Sean

Awards
Is the ALA necessary, or just a precaution?
I'm probably going to snag a couple of bottles some time soon (i.e., when ordering finally opens). :cool:

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Is the ALA necessary, or just a precaution?
I'm probably going to snag a couple of bottles some time soon (i.e., when ordering finally opens). :cool:

This kind of goes into the reasoning behind the idea of 2 week cycles. If there is strain on the liver, then running short cycles would obviously be ideal so that one could give their liver a break. In addition, most feedback has shown that the greatest fat loss is achieved within the first two weeks anyway. Thus ALA is probably not necessary when running short 2 week cycles, but some people choose to use it anyway. If UA does indeed put some added strain on the liver, then it wouldn't be a bad idea by any means.

In the future, I might just cap the UA with ALA built in.

khafra

Awards
I second hammer's question. Seems to me, from what I understand of the theory behind both, that usnic acid and a yohimbine transdermal would complement each other nicely, but there's plenty I don't know. So is there some hidden trap in using them both at once, or not?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Guys asking about this **** all over the place. I went up to 2g/day for last 4 days of 2 week cycle. No sides other than some heat. There are many horror stories about UA. I believe these individuals did not do theit homework. If you protect your liver(ALA) and drink a lot of water, there shouldn't be any problems. Like WYD says, start slowly ans assess your tolerance.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I second hammer's question. Seems to me, from what I understand of the theory behind both, that usnic acid and a yohimbine transdermal would complement each other nicely, but there's plenty I don't know. So is there some hidden trap in using them both at once, or not?
Ive seen a bunch of people run lipoderm and UA together with nice results. I don't see any reason why they would cause any adverse reaction.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Is it legal in Canada???

HAHAHA. Not that it REALLY matters!!!

Talk to ya..

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Is it legal in Canada???

HAHAHA. Not that it REALLY matters!!!

Talk to ya..

It SHOULD be. As far as I know, it is not illegal anywhere in the world but for some reason, customs felt like snagging a package I sent there before. Others have gone through.... so who knows! :)

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Ran my UA cycle with an ECA+Y, ALA, and Lipoderm, no problems.

SteveDFW

Awards
I have run and I am presently doing ECA, Homebrew Yohim-transdermal, ALA, and SU (cousin of UA) STACK.

1st time, I got a rash at day 11 @ 1,000mg. Taken once a day at night. Lost good amount of fat. Pleased with product. I took Rx clariten and it cleared the rash up in one day.

This time, I am working up to 400mg twice a day (800mg a day total). On day 4 now (300mg x 2) with no problems. I started with 200mg x 2. I have Rx clariten on hand if a rash starts to develop. During workouts, I am dripping wet. I really think it is best to take twice a day with an ECA stack to offset lethargy.

After I use the rest of the SU, I plan to get "Who's" UA.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
5 lbs in 2 weeks. No noticeable strength or muscle loss,

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
anybody out there tried tjhis with some yohimbine,t-2 and a eca stak(ala syntrax's lipokinetix)?

R.I.C.

Awards
How would you go about stackin UA with ECA

I've read up a bit on UA, and I want to give it a try. The issue is however, I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to stack it with me ECA.
Currenty I plan to take one dose of ECA in the morning, and one dose before my workout. Should I take the UA doses along with the ECA - or should I take them separately; for instance, with my lunch, or after my workout, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Re: How would you go about stackin UA with ECA

I've read up a bit on UA, and I want to give it a try. The issue is however, I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to stack it with me ECA.
Currenty I plan to take one dose of ECA in the morning, and one dose before my workout. Should I take the UA doses along with the ECA - or should I take them separately; for instance, with my lunch, or after my workout, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers.
You could take it any way you want really. I preferred to take ECA throughout the day and then my full dosage of usnic acid before going to sleep. Usnic acid tends to cause some lethargy in certain people and the ECA helped me get out of bed in the morning. You could take the UA along with the ECA as well.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks that is just what I wanted to know WYD.. I was thinking that would be the way to go... full dose at bed, then ECA to get going.. Okay here is another question.. do feel the effect for about 8 hours or does it taper off sooner?

R.I.C.

Awards
Thanks for your reply WYD. I was mostly concerned if there were any side-effects by mixing the 2 supps together, and it doesn't seem so.

Cheers.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Can we get some links on anything related to this?

studies?

safety issues?

I think theres a lot to learn on the UA. Granted I just bought some, but theres not much info out there. Lots seem like biased opinions. There is an article in T-mag which isnt too good.

Lets see some links, and some actual info on the substance itself, done by a non-biased party.

Would or have any of you done DNP?

h19

lbm4life

Awards
The studies on UA are numerous. Just do a medline search and you will find many. T-Mag as well as ELite have bashed it but their interpretations of the studies is suspect.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Can we get some links on anything related to this?

studies?

safety issues?

I think theres a lot to learn on the UA. Granted I just bought some, but theres not much info out there. Lots seem like biased opinions. There is an article in T-mag which isnt too good.

Lets see some links, and some actual info on the substance itself, done by a non-biased party.

Would or have any of you done DNP?

h19
Hamper, there are no published studies regarding usnic acid and fat loss.... Everything we know comes from the few studies regarding it as an uncoupler and through personal feedback.
I am writing an article about UA right now....

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
thanks man..lol...I think I got a little carried away with posting about the UA.

h19

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Im about to become a guinea pig for this ****..lol

Im set on using it, so I am about to let some tests be done on my liver or something. Im serious, how do you get your liver enzymes tested.

Ive had "bloodwork" done, but Im not sure if I ever got the ol liver tested. When people get it checked, do you just ask them to test your liver enzymes or something. Or is it part of the standard "blood work" they do say for a physical.

what do the docs say if I come in one day get it done, then im back in 2 weeks testing it again. They will be like wtf man. You think?

h19