What really gets you going on in the gym ?

what really gets you going in the gym ?

• Total voters

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I assumed since anger is a byproduct of human emotion and frequently used to supplement workouts that this is DSHEA compliant and thus allowable in the supplements section.

What really gets you fired up in the gym ?

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
combination of alot of those things man....little f*ckers thinking they are huge wearing beaters around the gym weighing a buck twenty.

Fat men (35-45 years old) with huge beer guts doing bicep curls and grunting, walking around like they are huge with air lats.....they need to do a little cardio before they have a heart attack.

too many to name...I need to get off this test booster im an angry canadian lately!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
my favorite is the fat guy who thinks he's huge and walks around with a really big shirt with the sleeves cut out and as if he has barrels under his arms.

There one of those guys at my gym in particular who sings to his music. very nice.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
you should add another one in. The asswhole who's obviously juicing and looks at you as if your some pathetic wanna be cause your not growing as fast as him on juice. That ticks me off. I hate being grilled at. Ticks me off like crazy when those *******s give me a dirty look. Oh, the really loud arrogant *******s who juice and cause a huge ruckus at the gym with their circle jerk, **** faced friends really tick me off too.

Man im one angry asian. :[

The bicep,chest and ab thing bugs me too but not that much anymore. I realize most people start off like that because they dont really know what their doing. But what does tick me off is when one of those jerk offs give me an attitude. (E.g I cant work out your in my way, move)

Im such an angry kid at the gym sometimes I think if one of those loud *******s were to tick me off enough, id pick up a 15 pound dumbbell and wack him with it. :lol:

straughn52

straughn52

Awards
I hate to see guys on the squat rack usine less that 3 plates.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
This thread makes me happy that I train in my basement, ALONE. No one to piss me off. I get enough of that from my kids...lol

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i hate it when people dont put their weights back. i really dont get it. What goes through their head to just not put them back when there's signs everywhere asking people to re rack the weights.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I hate to see guys on the squat rack usine less that 3 plates.
I hate seeing guys use 3 plates or more and do 2 inch movements.....horrible range of motion while lifting more to "look strong" makes me sick too.

straughn52

straughn52

Awards
And guys who huddle together and watch you lift heavy weight, and ask "how much is that".

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i hate it when people dont put their weights back. i really dont get it. What goes through their head to just not put them back when there's signs everywhere asking people to re rack the weights.

the black dudes who only do bench press....EVER. heaven forbid you saw them doing dead lifts or squats.

i don't have a good excuse for not re-racking weights. I work fulltime and attend grad school, plus I lift at night and I'm tired, so I try to conserve energy.

Unfortunately, I leave a mess everywhere. The dumbbells get put back, but all the plates that on whatever they are on.:head:

straughn52

straughn52

Awards
I hate seeing guys use 3 plates or more and do 2 inch movements.....horrible range of motion while lifting more to "look strong" makes me sick too.

Don't worry my movement is more than 2 inches, but yeah i see those guys too.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

the black dudes who only do bench press....EVER. heaven forbid you saw them doing dead lifts or squats.

lol, I didn't think about this one, but I see it a lot too.

goaussiego

goaussiego

Awards
the guy who only goes down 2 inches in the squat and is wrapped like a mummy doing it with straps and belts

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
What about the guy who you always see at the gym, and he is the same size as he was last year ? I see that too.

I used to be like that before when I was training/eating wrong, lol.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
whoops. I meant to put back on the brokeback one instead. It is pretty tight.

I'm trying to keep it democratic in lieu of the election coming up. I'm a Republican though.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Hm, that makes no sense whatsoever. I just realized that.

Ok, I changed it.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
wtf?

so were you trying to come off as stereotypical or are there really no black guys at your gym that squat?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I just see guys in general not squat or deadlift.

Occasionally I'll see people deadlift, but they are rounding their backs. Squats never happen. Just curling with the squat rack.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
so were you trying to come off as stereotypical or are there really no black guys at your gym that squat?
yeah that threw me off too....didnt know race determined how you work out...lol

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i don't have a good excuse for not re-racking weights. I work fulltime and attend grad school, plus I lift at night and I'm tired, so I try to conserve energy.

Unfortunately, I leave a mess everywhere. The dumbbells get put back, but all the plates that on whatever they are on.:head:
do you not get guys telling you to take the weights off?? i always ask them to at least take off one side while im doin the other.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
stereotypical? huh? no, i meant what i said. You wont see a black dude working legs or back etc at my gym. Just bench press everyday. I aint in the states. Theres only a few that do it, but i find it hilarious seeing how top heavy they are.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
do you not get guys telling you to take the weights off?? i always ask them to at least take off one side while im doin the other.

when I go at night typically there is close to no one as they all go earlier in the day. So no one really sees who leaves the stuff everywhere :D

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I really hate what I call 'workout crews'...when 3+ wife beater wearing wannabes roll in like tough guys..total weight of all three is 380lbs, and they all do the same exercise at the same time with different weights...its like synchronized front delt raises time!! woo hoo! :smite:

and then they ALL do DB shrugs at the same time, and stand RIGHT in front of the racks so no one else can get to the DBs :smite::smite:

and then the drop the weights from as high up as possible to make a bigger bang to look tough....like dropping a 40lb'er from any height makes it look tough :smite::smite::smite:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
stereotypical? huh? no, i meant what i said. You wont see a black dude working legs or back etc at my gym. Just bench press everyday. I aint in the states. Theres only a few that do it, but i find it hilarious seeing how top heavy they are.
You must have a rather special gym with a particular type of black guy(s) working out there. I do not see any reason to generalize. I wonder how Ronnie Coleman and the other black bodybuilders managed it!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I should have added, 'The guy who does 'air boxing' between sets.

Lame.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I really hate what I call 'workout crews'...when 3+ wife beater wearing wannabes roll in like tough guys..total weight of all three is 380lbs, and they all do the same exercise at the same time with different weights...its like synchronized front delt raises time!! woo hoo! :smite:

and then they ALL do DB shrugs at the same time, and stand RIGHT in front of the racks so no one else can get to the DBs :smite::smite:

and then the drop the weights from as high up as possible to make a bigger bang to look tough....like dropping a 40lb'er from any height makes it look tough :smite::smite::smite:

Lol or even better, the crew with 2 fat guys and 1 twirp. Then the twirp showing the fatties how to work it. LOL with scissor kicks

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
You must have a rather special gym with a particular type of black guy(s) working out there. I do not see any reason to generalize. I wonder how Ronnie Coleman and the other black bodybuilders managed it!

i will delete my posts. didnt realise making a general statment like that was so upsetting to some people.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Guys who don't put the weights away are beyond irritating to me. The guidos in beaters and guys who think they are huge make themselves look like idiots and it doesn't effect me in any way. However if I'm busting my ass in the gym the last thing I want to be doing is wasting energy and time re-racking some d-bags weights who thinks it fine to leave it to the rest of us.

Honestly unless your illiterate re rack the damn weights.

Thomas Tank

Thomas Tank

Awards
No one has the air boxing guys ?
Yes for the love of god i do at my gym. They are little buggers, just high schoolers working out for football, apparently air boxing is an intricate part of football training. I think its more funny than anything. I have a live and let live attitude at the gym, i may not like the big juicers grunting like apes or the fellas that think it is sing a long hour, but hey what we are at the gym isnt related to what we are out of the gym. (though one thing that does truly irk me are the fellas wearing designer clothing when they work out and i mean khakis, a designer t-shirt and trendy boots with the hair gelled to withstand a tidal wave, i mean we are in there to sweat and smell not look pretty, but even that i guess is fine.)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
there is this guido who always wears white pants, and a black tanktop with his hair styled.

all he trains is chest, arms, and abs.

he looks like a complete idiot.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
guido= wannabe godfather type of Italians who think they are gangster, but are not.

(reference: Gotti kids and some Italians in the New York/New Jersey area.).

Thomas Tank

Thomas Tank

Awards
I should mention what i absolutely loathe. We have at the gym i go to quite a few gay people that go there also, very nice fellas, they talk to everyone including me and all the ones i talked to are salt of the earth people, but unfortunately we have some hardcore homophobes at the gym to, who think it okay to threaten people based on thier sexual perference. Its fine if people dont feel comfortable around it, but damn dont be a ****. Sigh...cant we all just get along.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
lol classic, i wasn't even close. The fake tan, gold jewellry type guys. Plenty of those is Sydney.

poacher

Awards
  • Established
Little skinny pencil neck dudes that think the are body builders cause the are under 10% fat with 16.5 arms and 44 chest. The forgot the building the body part. And when this fat old man strictly curls more than the can bench - the usually go do CARDIO with the woman where the belong

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I should have also added the guys who wear under armour t-shirts.

i'm not sure which is worse, the fat guy who thinks he's huge, or the anorexic boy who is trying to show that he is ripped.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established

poacher

Awards
  • Established
The cell phone dude, the skinny punks, the fat guys, the slobs that dont put away their weights. POACHER GETTING MAD. might have to back to the gym for round 2

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
most of the people you guys are mentioning i love. they crack me up. the people i dont like are the people that have a direct effect on me. people that dont rack weights, sweat on machines, things like this.

all the other idiots i will gladly laugh at and point out to others

straughn52

straughn52

Awards
wow egotastical much?

While I'm deployed I have those complaints. At the COB/FOB their is only one gym maybe two, for 4-8 thousand soldiers. God forbid if you go after 5pm, it looks like a big social event. Keep in mind most troops are less than 200lbs, and when you put 350 on anything people stop what their doing, put 4 plates on and you think somebody yealled out look at this.

Then people ask what supps you taking and other stuff, after awhile it just gets on my nerves.

For those who have been deployed you know what i'm talking about.

So no, I'm not being egotastical.