My first try with Beta-Alanine coming up

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I hear a lot of good things about this stuff and it's cheap. I just grabbed the 500g for ~$20 of NP's bulk stuff. I'll probably mix with Neovar first and then creatine mono when that runs out...or the other way around, we'll see.
I understand that around 2g 2x per day is a pretty good standard dose. 1 of the doses will be with my post workout shake of WMS and whatever creatine I'm using. On non workout days I'll probably just dump it in with water or something. Is it best to take Beta-Alanine with sugars similar to creatine mono?

But my main question is, can I take Beta-Alanine with my morning "breakfast" shake? It has whey protein, milk, oats, water, and sometimes EVOO. Would it be better if I take it with just plain water like 1 hour after that shake?

Thanks!

Saurabh

Awards
I personally get best results with some BA before and some after the workout. I use Incarnate and take 3 caps before workout and 3 after. Check what others say on this but be open to use BA just before workout as well.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i usually take 6 caps pre WO @ 45 minutes before. mess around with timing though because BA can be taken anytime for the same effect i believe

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I dose my BA about 40 minutes before my workout.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
3 grams prior and 3 grams post. Thats the sweet spot I found for myself.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Studies have shown that splitting the doses up does seem to improve absorption but how much of a benefit that conveys is questionable. Taking it with meals or protein shakes should be fine and may also minimize paresthesia. 4g per day in two divided doses is a good protocol and timing isn't much of an issue. Taking it pre and post workout won't dramatically if at all improve effectiveness.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
It also takes 6-8 weeks of consistent usage to notice the 'endurance' benefits.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Great feedback everyone! I'll experiment with full vs empty stomach just for personal preference but it appears that neither of them mess with the absorption or effects of the product.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I actually haven't noticed too much tingling actually even on an empty stomach. Although I've only taken about 1.8g at a time right now. I can't comment on it's effectiveness as it's only been 2 days :)