Early Morning Lifters .. What do you do for preworkout supps??

bananaman

Awards
These are questions for people that work out at the break of dawn. What do you do for a meal and your supplements? What do you eat before your workout?.. and if you are taking a preworkout supp like RPM (or anything comparable) how do you fit that in without waking up riduclously early being that it has to be taken on an empty stomach....

I've been lifting for a few years ... I usually work out around lunch or early evening but have never tried working out first thing in the morning. I'm thinking about switching to my workout to 5:30am.. before I go into work. Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome! :thumbsup:

Saurabh

Awards
These are questions for people that work out at the break of dawn. What do you do for a meal and your supplements? What do you eat before your workout?.. and if you are taking a preworkout supp like RPM (or anything comparable) how do you fit that in without waking up riduclously early being that it has to be taken on an empty stomach....
I work out 4 days Mon-Fri at 4:45 am. On weekends I workout at 7 am(basically because the gym doesnt open on weekends as early).

I generally make my pre-workout drink the night before and let it be in the fridge to cool it(as also to take care of extra bubbles, if any). Normally I would use a zero calorie supp and throw in some BCAAs. These days I am doing Ragnarok with Xtend, Vasocharge with Xtend is another favorite. You can also use Purple Wrath.

Intra workout I sip on Xtend mixed with Gatorade(about 40 grams). This also acts as my post workout. If I am bulking I would double the amount. About 10 minutes later I have 40 grms of Whey. Simple, efficient and cost friendly and doesnt have to get caught in whole Maltrodextrin vis-a-vis Waxmy Maize Starch issue.

Now you may ask why I work on "empty" stomach and not go by the conventional rule of eating an hour before working out. Well simply because I dont want to eat at 3:45 am. Also personally if I eat an hour before I dont really get the "kick-in" till about a couple of hours so it doesnt help me.

Lastly I advocate working out early if you can. It is simply because you have less stress at that time, plus most gyms dont have too much of a crowd.

Good luck!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I work out roughly 1.5 hrs after waking. So I get up, take rpm + etc, sit down and read emails, check anabolic minds, other crap like that, then maybe 30 min later have a light meal (2 whole eggs + 2 whites, maybe an apple or pear) and then work out while drinking xtend + beta alanine. so I wake up at 6, start workout by 730, done before 830.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
i workout very early through the week....scoop of Rag and a cap or 2 of Leviathan Reloaded and im good. Right now just Ragnorak....

Erik2003

Erik2003

Awards
pot of good coffee and whatever supps you may want.

Coffee always seems to do good for me.

Take the supps afterwards as post workout.

If anything try a protein shake before but don't sweat it too much. But stay with the coffee, its effective, cheap, easy and can be ready fresh when you wake up.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I was getting up at 4:30, and trying to down a scoop or two of nectar prewo, waiting 30 mins and taking some NO shotgun. Now because of my hectic work schedule, I usually just sleep in till 5, take the Shotgun(I prefer this formula because it is LOADED with Aminos), 4 dymatize amino caps, and 4 scoops of grape extend, intra workout. That usually works the best for me. I'd love to eat pre workout, but I really just don't have the time for it because I end up working 12 hour days and waking up any early than 5AM just won't happen anymore. Otherwise I still seem to make some solid gains following this regimine.

LSU Gladiator

LSU Gladiator

Awards
Community Coffee. 2 Cups Black.

First Cup Iced So That It Can Be Chugged, The Second Molten Lava Hot.

epixep

epixep

Awards
I wake at 4, immediately take Ragnarok and sometimes Levi Reloaded. Around 20 or so minutes later I take AP. And 15 minutes after that I have a 30g whey shake with oatmeal and some fruit. After workout I have another AP and a 30g whey shake with a bagel. Then I get a whole food meal in an hour after that.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I work out roughly 1.5 hrs after waking. So I get up, take rpm + etc, sit down and read emails, check anabolic minds, other crap like that, then maybe 30 min later have a light meal (2 whole eggs + 2 whites, maybe an apple or pear) and then work out while drinking xtend + beta alanine. so I wake up at 6, start workout by 730, done before 830.
Mine is kinda similar. I usually w/o about an hour after I wake up. I take a multi and a shake, sometimes with a bagel first thing. I wait about a half an hour and take some kind of pre w/o supp. I work at a store, so I have samples of most stuff you've heard of.
I'm liking N.O. Shotgun currently.

Soccer00

Awards
wake up, 4 rpm, 3 drive, start sipping on storm+core abc.
intra/post, finish storm/core, then start sipping on 1.5 servings of torrent with 1 pslin dissolved in it.
post either 40 g whey then food or just food (chicken sandwich)

rubberchicken

Awards
I got a couple of early morning workouts, up and on the bike within 10 minutes and then my workout proper. Had been using 2xBlast, 1xSwell and some Gatorade powder which was very effective.

Next I will be trying 2xBlast and a serve of Xtreme Formulations Vendetta ( drink 2/3 before and 1/3 during ). We'll see how that goes.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I have a bottle of Amp right next to the bed for the early days. Take 2 and go..

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I also agree on the Ragnarok. Great stuff. Right now I'm using Fast Twitch, instead and it's almost as good. With either, I'll add bet=alanine, to enhance the effects of the creatine.

straughn52

straughn52

Awards
I wake up around 545, pop 4-5 RPM, DTH or what ever sup i'm on, then I go to the gym around 630. Right after slam three scoops of protein and 3 packs of Oatmeal.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
How do you squat in the mornings without eating ahead of time?? I would pass out.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
its sort of better than eating and wanting to throw up.
Oh yea totally, but I need a big meal 2 hours ahead of time if I'm gonna have any hope of a good Squat workout. I've tried early morning leg workouts with a small meal beforehand and I get real dizzy and I have no energy.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I had to adjust my workout schedule to early morning for a few months. The best I could do was my mandatory cup of coffee, shower, pre-workout drink.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
its sort of better than eating and wanting to throw up.
yea you got that right man. if i know I'm doing squats or abs I'll eat something solid like a B.B. waffle w/P.B. on it. other days just oatmeal, it gets me out the door and to the gym quick. I'm normally in the gym by 4:00am (now that's f-ing early) i start work @ 6:00am though. my supps are much like everyone here has all ready said. RPM, xtend, BCAA's (pill form) sometimes a stronger stim....so on. i think the 2 best things about going into gym before work is #1 my mood for the whole day is great, i'm wide awake by the time i get there and everyone else is still trying to wake up while I'm yelling "LETS GO GUYS!!!!" and #2 going into work with a pump (i know thats a bit vain) but when a some of the woman i work with look and then look again it's worth the vanity (as long as i keep it in check).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually take WMS, Instant Coffee, ALCAR, b-Alanine, and Whey Protein. Mix it all together and gulp it down, and head out.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
wake up between 3:45 and 4am, take RPM/Drive/DCP/AP

4:30am - pre-shake (1scoop ON Whey, 1c oats, 1/4tsp bulk cissus, blended with water)

5:00am - head out to gym (less than 10min from house) sipping on intra-workout drink (1scoop Purple Wraath, 1scoop Xtend, 1 scoop Poseidon mixed in 1liter water)

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I usually get up around 5:00 am. I eat 3 scrambled eggs with a piece of cheese and toast. I take 1 ONE Labrada charge and have just started taking 1 scoop of Size On. Then I have a 5 minute drive to the gym and take care of business.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
At the moment...

wake up and take 3 Levi reloaded with green tea and 1 gram Cissus and wait until I start to buzz (about 15 mins to 1/2 hour) and take 1/2 scoop body fortress advanced and 1/2 scoop body fortress whey. Wait another 10-15 mins and proceed to kick ass for about an hour.

:dl: :bruce3:

biggkarim

biggkarim

Awards

I've been lifting for a few years ... I usually work out around lunch or early evening but have never tried working out first thing in the morning. I'm thinking about switching to my workout to 5:30am.. before I go into work. Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome! :thumbsup:
i workout at 5am. my stack consits of millennium sports technologies ragnarok, 2 scoops, 3 caps carnage, 4 caps citruvol xs. also i use dextrose and i sip on an amino acid drink during workout.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
At the moment, Genera Supps/ Hardcore Formulations (same company) Adrenaline is my new morning supp. Wakes the mind up as well as the body.
Lovin it atm!:head:

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I work out mon-fri at 5:30am and Sat around 8am.
1scoop Ragnarok, 2 Hdrol, 2 X-mass, 3 Carnage. and drink Xtend watermelon during work out, Then shake, then meal.

Gmadd

Awards
My morning isn't as early...10/11am, its the life of a restaurant worker. but I workout about 1.5 hrs after waking up. I usually crack 1 egg with 2/3 cup whites. I also try to get down a bagel or some oats for carbs. I like to blend oats w/ protein and water as a quick way to energize. I take 1 scoop of NO Shotgun 20 or so mins b4 w/o and bring a half scoop in my water bottle. Immediately post w/o I take 3 scoops Torrent, and 30 mins after that 30 or so grams whey and water.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I workout at 6 am.

I pop 3 RPM, 3 Drive, 1 Neovar, 500 mg l-tyrosine, and 3 of another delicious little beta at about 5:30 am. Following my workout, I down 4 Neovar and head home to murder breakfast.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a bunch of tyrosine here, I need to cap it since its not all that tasty as a powder

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I wake up with a woody, so extra stimulants are not exactly what im looking for...

Then when i do work out early, im up at 4:30, woody and all...cold shower and two bowls of oatmeal, honey dashed and im gone...

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i wake about 5.30, take my thermos (2 x rpm & 2 x basic cuts) straight away, get dressed, mix my workout brew up(posidieon, creatine mixed with a glucose flavoured drink sachet & water), have a strong cup of coffee, have a dump and get in the car and go to the gym, i workout on an empty stomach which is ok and helps with fat burning.

what i like most about lifting early is that the gym is empty compared with the after work crowd which packs the gym out which really sucks

cheers

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Wake @ 5:30.

Immediately pop 2 Amp + 2 RPM (Amp hits quicker than RPM, but RPM provides more aggression).

Pour water into shaker of 45 g WMS + 4 scoops Xtend + 5 g creatine + 5 g GMS and drink while putting in contacts and getting dressed.

Hit the gym by 5:45-6.

Lorken

Lorken

Awards
I used to work out early--get up at 4:30, eat and take sups, work out an hour later. I find that if I don't wait at least an hour after eating to lift, the food wants to come back out, especially when doing deads, or bent over lifts. Having to hold back your food might be a good abdominal workout, but it's just not fun.

Sups would include caffeine 200mg (pills), L-Arginine 3-4g, yohimbe, BCAA 5g, glutamine 5g.

Doing this, I only got about 6-7 hours of sleep, which wasn't enough for me, so I quit. At first my workouts were awesome--I had lots of energy and strength, but over time the lack of rest caught up to me. Now I work out in the afternoon, which allows me plenty of time to get much needed rest.

Soon I will be getting a gym membership close to my work, which is about 45-50min from my house, so I might consider working out early again. That way I could use my drive as time to digest food and get the sups in my system, and I'd only have to wake up at 6:00 instead of 4:30.

Oh, and hello. Long time reader, first time poster.

DrDave1

DrDave1

Awards
I'm typically up @ 4:40 and to the gym by 5:15 M-F. Right now I take 1 caffeine pill, 1/2 scoop of gatorade, and either PW or xtend right after I wake up. Caffeine is cheap yet very effective for me. during I sip on xtend and 1/4 scoop gatorade. immedaitely post I have been trying various things like Torrent and Golden Finish (both seem pretty good). post workout meal is usually a shake due to need to be at the hospital, not ideal but it's all I can do at the moment (shake is 1 cup oats, 2 scoops dymatize elite, and ~12oz milk)

bananaman

Awards
Thnx for the input.

Thnx for the input everyone. I think I'm going to go with taking my supps first thing on waking heading straight to the gym after brushing teeth and shaving... and maybe pooping :cool: then have a post-wo meal afterwards.. i was most concerned about not eating before lifting.. b/c i heard that wasn't the best thing to do but it looks from everyone's experiences.. its not too bad...

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Thnx for the input everyone. I think I'm going to go with taking my supps first thing on waking heading straight to the gym after brushing teeth and shaving... and maybe pooping :cool: then have a post-wo meal afterwards.. i was most concerned about not eating before lifting.. b/c i heard that wasn't the best thing to do but it looks from everyone's experiences.. its not too bad...
dude, lifting before eating esp when using pre-workout supps aids in some really good fat burning.

It's a really good idea to take a pre workout :dump: before hitting the weights esp when training legs

:thumbsup:

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I lied, I actually use POWERTHIRST before my workouts now.

Otori

Awards
I lied, I actually use POWERTHIRST before my workouts now.
Awesome :head:

Back to topic. If I´m training really early, I´ll have a cup of strong coffee and perhaps a cheap energybeverage.

Sometimes I use Adrenaline or caffine capsules (200mg).

The real trick for me getting a good workout early in the morning is to warm up longer then I usually do. It takes longer for my body to get going in the morning.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
dude, lifting before eating esp when using pre-workout supps aids in some really good fat burning.

It's a really good idea to take a pre workout :dump: before hitting the weights esp when training legs

:thumbsup:
I agree. I have my pre w/o meal before bed. I've done this for years and found it to be the best for me.

Since i cannot get AMP any more I've been using 2 Basic Cuts and a big coffee with a few grams of added Chocomine and I'm ready to go.

Tried 3 B.C. but the stimulation was too much.

It's winter here at the moment so the warm feeling I get from the Cayenne is nice and I found fat loss to be much better compared to AMP although AMP was better for appetite suppression. But fat loss for me is the name of the game so Basic Cuts is a my new "Number 1 must-have"

Jag