Best thiamine analogue?

jermcpicky

Awards
There are so many of these things and when I look up information it's always the same thing: That they are a highly-soluble form of thiamine, that they raise TTP (thiamine triphosphate) and some other stuff.

• Amp v2 has Fursultiamine
  • Spike has thiamine di(2-methylpropionate) disulfide (basically sulbutiamine with an aldehyde instead of a ketone, possibly faster absorption?)
  • Sulbutiamine
  • Benfotiamine
and I know there are many more.

Which of these have you guys used and what do you think of them?

I haven't yet tried Amp v2. I've tried Spike Caffeine-Free and feel it is superior to bulk sulbutiamine, but maybe I just need to up the dose of sulbutiamine or something. I've tried benfotiamine and didn't really feel anything. Doses were 500 mg Spike; 800 mg Sulbutiamine powder; and 300 mg benfotiamine.

jermcpicky

Awards
Amp v2's Fursultiamine

According to the structure of fursultiamine on Ergopharm's site, it appears to simply be thiamine bound to 2-methyl-THF through a disulfide bridge. It kind of scared me when I saw the THF, it being something we use in organic chem lab to do things, but after looking up the properties of 2-methyl-THF, it looks like this would cause the thiamine to be released more slowly because of the acidity of the stomach and would also cause the fursultiamine to be more stable in the presence of water. Sounds good to me.

Now, I just wish ol' PA would sell the fursultiamine in bulk to NP so we can see how it stacks up to Spike's T-Max (thiamine di(2-methylpropionate) disulfide. I like the Spike, but it's just so expensive and hopefully I was just dosing the benfotiamine and sulbutiamine too low because they are nice and cheap.