Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do you dose your beta alanine supplement?

I'd like to hear why you choose this pattern as well.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It shouldn't really matter how you dose it throughout the day as long as your consistent and get at least 4-6grams every day. I usually dose some at breakfast, some around workout, and some later in the day. taking it with carbs also may help the effects of ba and can help lessen the "tingles"

Edit:
I didn't vote because i feel they all could be effective it just depends on which is easiest for you to stick with.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I like the tingle.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i take about 3gms before workout and that is it so far, then about 10 mins later i itch like a mofo and curse until i get to the gym and remind myself its helping my workouts. Might start dosing in the mornings as well.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
i take about 3gms before workout and that is it so far, then about 10 mins later i itch like a mofo and curse until i get to the gym and remind myself its helping my workouts. Might start dosing in the mornings as well.
Sadly, the itch goes away with prolonged use. :sad: But the benefits do not. :)

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
3g pre workout, 3g post workout.

Because 6g per day is the recommended maintenance dose, but that would be too much to take at once (TINGLE CITY!!!). Using bulk powder, it just makes the most sense to me to put it in with my pre and post workout shakes. Done.

And it's working nicely! :thumbsup:

Tiny Man

Awards
When I use it, 2g morning/noon/night. Straight, simple, easy to remember. It really doesn't need to be tuned to be around your workout.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Spread it out, helps keep serum levels elevated. For normal dosing the 2,2,2 scheme is pretty solid.

Speed321

Awards
2g 45min pre-wo
2g 5min pre-wo
2g half-way thru wo or b4 post-wo cardio

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there any reason to dose above 6g? Possibly with a front load to get the effects more quickly.

Most of what I read suggests that it takes 3-4 weeks for noticable effect. But, those effects continue for an additional 6-8 weeks afterward in terms of endurance and recovery between sets. Once the stores a "full" so to speak, there is no greater effect when dosing above 4-6g/day.

Any agreement or disagreement with those statements?

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is there any reason to dose above 6g? Possibly with a front load to get the effects more quickly.

Most of what I read suggests that it takes 3-4 weeks for noticable effect. But, those effects continue for an additional 6-8 weeks afterward in terms of endurance and recovery between sets. Once the stores a "full" so to speak, there is no greater effect when dosing above 4-6g/day.

Any agreement or disagreement with those statements?
I never bothered to front loaded b-a but I suppose it could work. As for dosing over 6 grams per day there are instances where one ight want to do so. I think b-a requirements will vary due to weight and activity levels. If you are lifting weights and trainign in other sports then it seems like 6g or more could be of benefit. I think ersatz told me he was taking 12g/day and upped to around 20lb for his half-ironman. He said there was an appreciable difference in those doses too.

As with anything you have to do a little experimentation and see what works best for you. I still believe though that multiple doses throughout the day is your best option as it will at the very least minimize paresthesia.

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
I would dose it
2g --- 3 times a day
for about 4 weeks, your Carnosine levels should be built up pretty good after 4 weeks, so after the 4 weeks I would go with 2g and 2g

So for workout days
Pre-Wo and Post WO!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Spread it out, helps keep serum levels elevated. For normal dosing the 2,2,2 scheme is pretty solid.
Agreed with P.

I dose 3 grams pre, 2 grams intra, 2 grams post. Works well when I dose it that way.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2g 30 minutes preWO (AM)
2g post WO
2g before bed

does the trick - a mag article I read suggested dosages above 6g/day do not increase performance