1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Is this heartburn ?

As of recently, I've noticed a slight burning sensation in the back of my throat, esp after eating. My intial impression was that it was heartburn, but from what I understand, heartburn actually occurs lower in the esoph. not towards the top.

It is occuring right around before the drop down, where the back of my tounge is.

It is like a dry dull burn, i noticed it last night most noticibly after I had a particular high fat meal.

Any ideas ?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.53%

Does acid reflux make it all the way to the back of the throat?

I honestly have no idea, just throwing possibilities around.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

i figured GERD or acid reflux was more towards the lower part of the esoph, where the stomach entrance is.

I've been burping a lot and that seems to make the problem worse. I guess I should try to stop burping so frequently.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.89%

I had some acid reflex issues and symptoms were similar to those you describe. You could try some OTC medications but I would see a doctor.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlei View Post
    I had some acid reflex issues and symptoms were similar to those you describe. You could try some OTC medications but I would see a doctor.

did they go away on their own or did you take some type of anti-acid for t ?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.93%

It's acid reflux...unfortunately I'm an expert on it...lol. Best thing I've used is Prilosec or a generic version of Prilosec. One in the morning about a half hour before breakfast and I'm good all day. My symptoms aren't very bad unless I'm on a prohormone cycle...even a mild one...then I have to use Prilosec each day as my hormonal balance is off and that always causes reflux for me. Hormonal fluctuations due to pregnancy is also why many pregnant women suffer from heartburn/reflux.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Sounds like acid reflux. It probably will go away on its own, but can get annoying. I would just take some OTC Zantec for a day or two and it will take it away.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.51%

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    did they go away on their own or did you take some type of anti-acid for t ?
    i had systoms like that and i got told it might be an ulser.i been taking tablets form about 3 years now.never did get it checked right.but im fine now
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

how does hormonal imbalance cause acid reflux ?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

I would have it diagnosed properly and treated. Excess acid in the esophagus can lead to malignant changes to the epithelial lining (Barrett's esophagus). Might as well pinpoint the culprit and take care of it sooner than later.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

As of recently, I've noticed a slight burning sensation in the back of my throat, esp after eating. My intial impression was that it was heartburn, but from what I understand, heartburn actually occurs lower in the esoph. not towards the top.

It is occuring right around before the drop down, where the back of my tounge is.

It is like a dry dull burn, i noticed it last night most noticibly after I had a particular high fat meal.

Any ideas ?
    Acid reflux. Try some otc prilosec for a month, once daily an hour before a large meal.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.97%

iv been having a problem like this lately as well! im not exactly sure whats causing it...

the only thing i can think of is ever sense memorial day (eating/snacking/drinking - most of the day) iv been having a problem with acid reflex (on and off). Im thinking that maybe that day through off my bodies natural production of acid (every 3 hours) and now its over producing acid...

i could be totally wrong. I purchased NOW - super enzymes which i have been taking with every meal and it is def helping but its not totally gone.

I find its worse post meal time while i drink water, each sip of water seems to bring up more acid...

any ideas? (i have a physical next month so ill prob ask, but im not sure if i want to go on a prescription drug...)
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

I think my heartburn was being caused by MVP 356 multivitamin. I would take the capsules in the morning and I don't know if it is the mixture or what in them but it would give me some slightly discomfort.

since then I just started using Orange Triad which are hard tablets and I haven't had the problem since then.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.97%

i just found this info on it...maybe ill give this a try!

-----------------

How does orange peel extract work?

While this compound has been studied for quite some time, new information on how orange peel extract works is continually being discovered. Researchers have developed several possible theories for the way orange peel extract stops heartburn.

Scientists believe orange peel extract helps esophageal peristalsis, moving food through to the stomach effectively and efficiently. Food doesn’t stay in the esophagus longer than required, lessening the chances for heartburn to develop.2

Orange peel extract also may work as a surfactant. A surfactant is a substance that reduces the surface tension of liquids. Orange peel extract may reduce the surface tension of the liquid contents in the stomach, decreasing the potential for the fluid to splash up into the esophagus.2
    How much orange peel extract should I take?

I recommend what was used in the studies: 1,000 mg of orange peel extract every other day for 20 days. Look for a product standardized for a minimum of 98.5% (the highest purity) of d-limonene, a compound found in orange peel extract.2
    How does orange peel extract cure heartburn?

Orange peel extract has been studied in several clinical trials. In many of the studies, participants were asked to rate their heartburn for severity and frequency. Using a pre-study questionnaire, heartburn severity was rated on a scale from 1-10 (1 = mild and 10 = severe), as was heartburn frequency (1 = occasional and 10 = all the time).2

Participants took 1,000 mg of orange peel extract and were asked to rate their heartburn every day using a 1-to-10 scale (1 = relief and 10 = no relief). Heartburn relief ratings were taken while participants took the extract and several times after stopping.2

Almost 90% of participants reported resolution of heartburn symptoms two weeks (14 days) after starting orange peel extract. Almost one-third of participants experienced resolution of heartburn symptoms as early as the second day of the study.2

What’s more, even though participants stopped taking the orange peel extract, they reported symptom resolution on days 21, 28, and 35. That means they hadn’t experienced heartburn even two weeks after they stopped taking orange peel extract.

These study participants had an average pre-study rating of their heartburn of 7.8 and a frequency rating of 7.3. After only 20 days of taking orange peel extract, almost all these heartburn sufferers experienced no more heartburn.2

Occasionally, after completing the 20-day treatment period, some people may experience mild heartburn after eating foods they had previously avoided. The study scientists concluded these individuals overindulged on these “forbidden” foods. Taking a single orange peel extract capsule as needed usually solves this problem.
    Is orange peel extract safe?

Orange peel extract is an all-natural product and its safety has been evaluated.27 Always follow the recommended dosages on the label for best results.

Pregnant or nursing women shouldn’t take orange peel extract. You shouldn’t take it if you have an ulcer or suspect you have an ulcer, because a burning and irritating sensation may result. Until clinical trials on all age groups have been completed, orange peel extract shouldn’t be given to children.2

In fact, orange peel extract has been used in cancer studies for many years with no adverse effects.29
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.97%

I think my heartburn was being caused by MVP 356 multivitamin. I would take the capsules in the morning and I don't know if it is the mixture or what in them but it would give me some slightly discomfort.

since then I just started using Orange Triad which are hard tablets and I haven't had the problem since then.
    weird you mention your multi vitamin, iv been using twin labs multi without iron for about 4yrs straight and i just switched to ADAM a month or so ago (around the time this problem came up)...

weird thing is, all morning iv been feeling good (no acid reflux), i actually missed my morning multi dose, so i took it in the evening and now im having symptoms :-\
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

Yeah I dunno try switching it. The MVP 365 multivitamin was those vegetable capsules with powder in them. I think after a few minutes in my stomach they just exploded open and all the powder came seeping out.

The Orange Triad is hard tablets so they dissolve very slowly.

If you are using powder capsules, try switching to tablets.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.97%

...no adam is hard tab (i think i read it takes 30min to dissolve).

Very strange. I know the feeling with the powder exploding, my ZMA does that sometimes ;(

Ill stop taking the ADAM for a week and see if the acid reflux goes away.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.68%

Its def heartburn. Ive suffered from it since I was 20. Ive taken prescription anti-acids and otc meds since then. Are you eating fairly heavy? This is one of the worse things to do if you have heartburn. Not fun if you're bulking. Any otc with Rantidine(generic Zantac) works great for me in the short term. Prevacid worked best. Only thing is my ins. stopped paying for it and its pretty pricey.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

Haven't had it lately, but I also have been cutting down the amount of fats I ingest per each meal.

I like Orange Triad. Its good stuff.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.89%

Are you taking the multis with meals or on empty stomach? I wonder if this would even make a difference with regards to heartburn/acid reflux.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

Are you taking the multis with meals or on empty stomach? I wonder if this would even make a difference with regards to heartburn/acid reflux.

For awhile I was shooting down the MVP multi's with food. I didn't have an excess amount of food in my stomach. I'm not sure if that made a difference.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.97%

post meal (5min after i eat breakfast usually...i guess i could try taking it right before i eat...)

---------

but thats not the only time i get it...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Winstrol and heartburn
    By CrazyChemist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 06:46 PM
  2. Rpm And Heartburn
    By cyleb in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 04:10 PM
  3. Heartburn from RPM