Protein: Has anyone tried these Brands/Flavors?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Just curious for future reference if I give one a try. Have you tried this brand and what flavors. I know some of you have tried these brands but taste is also a concern.

1) Ultra Peptide: Chocolate, Cookies and Cream (is this ever good?), Vanilla.

2) EvoPro: Chocolate, Cookies and Cream, Vanilla.

3) ProV60: Chocolate and Vanilla.

Basiclly looking for a solid multi faced protein powder which all of these supply, but don't want to get stuck with a crappy flavor. Anyone tried these products/individual flavors?

Last edited:
pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I have tried
Pro Peptide's chocolate- 8/10 good flavor and texture can be a little pricey
ProV60 - 7/10 not the best for mixing, little to sweet, I messed with the amount of water and never really found the right amount for this one.

Why not give one of the board sponsors a try, either Allthewhey or Trueprotein. If going to trueprotein.com use discount code PKM142 @ the checkout to save 5%, you can make your own mix here and they will split up your order into a few different flavors if you put it in the comments. Allthewhey also has great prices and quality and offers discounts for board members, it really depends on how much you want to customize and which is closer to you.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Good info man. Yea the Pro Peptide would be used strictly post workout and only one scoop for cost benefits.

Yea I have been researching all different brands of protein (TP and ATW included.) I was checking these out because they were very effiecntly priced and offered good break downs (and I also like the ease of ordering all supplements from 1 spot.)

I really like ATW but they don't offer a all in one make up that I find I truely love (and I can't get custom there.) However I feel like I am going to end up ordering protein from them to combine with others. I am also looking into TP in some detail because I love the custom mix feature. Just weighing all my options.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Keep me updated with what you go with, Personally I love mixing ATW MPI with one scoop of VS tetrabolic (muscle Milk knock off) to round out the profile a little bit. Got to love being able to make your own mix at TP though.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Did CNP just start making a C&C Pro Peptide? I've never seen it...

Honestly, I was never impressed with Evopro. It's tastes salty to me and really clumpy.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
damn my bad fellas. I meant ULTRA Peptide.

Rodzilla

Board Sponsor
Awards
ultra peptide cookies and cream is only 2.0, and I liked it.
I hear the vanilla 2.0 is one of the best vanillas around.
I love both of the 1.0 flavors

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn my bad fellas. I meant ULTRA Peptide.
If you have read any threads about protein powder i post in you should know about ultra peptide!! ;)

I love the stuff(both versions) and think they have great flavor and are high quality

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Lol I knew you were ultra supporter, just needed to find some flavors. So you like all the flavors you have tried of theirs?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I knew you were ultra supporter, just needed to find some flavors. So you like all the flavors you have tried of theirs?
Well for 1.0 they only have chocolate and vanilla which i like the chocolate better but the vanilla is great for a protein in my opinion. The 2.0 i have only had chocolate PB and its AMAZING. I have only seen positive reviews on all the flavors tho so i would just go with what sounds best to you...i wanna try the banana or C&C next

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I have a bunch of chocolate proteins that I like (aka GF Pro) so if I try out the UP I will give Cookies and Cream a try first.

I am probably going to give a bunch of these proteins a try and will report back. Probably also going to post back with some advice on my custom mixes.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I have a bunch of chocolate proteins that I like (aka GF Pro) so if I try out the UP I will give Cookies and Cream a try first.
It smells a bit like coffee creamer, but tastes like tha real deal when adding some skim and SuperCarb. :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I still gotta try this sometime.
Sickening sweet and very filling... easy way to get in some decent calories with some healthy shelf stable EFA's.

Still, the best of the best was Sustain done up like this. Words cannot describe how good that was.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What's the word on the Sustain-PB flavor UP1.0?

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I've used the EvoPro chocolate many times and really like it mixed with other proteins. I'm not a huge fan it you are using it by itself but mixed it really makes the overall flavor better. I know it sounds kind of odd but I recommend it if you are mixing it.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Update.

Just picked up a tub of Ultra Peptide 2.0 Cookies and Cream. First test of the product should be Friday and will give my thoughts on taste when I try it.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update.

Just picked up a tub of Ultra Peptide 2.0 Cookies and Cream. First test of the product should be Friday and will give my thoughts on taste when I try it.

Sounds good man i bet you will love it!! Look forward to your review :cool:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good man i bet you will love it!! Look forward to your review :cool:
I'm really intrigued by this product because of the quality nutrient profile. I have in the past been using 2 scoops of Powder with skim milk. I have a feeling I will like this product a lot and I'm hoping I do. I realized 1 scoop pre workout (which will last me 24 days so the price isn't all that bad) with my 2 cups of skim milk and 1 cup c/c is more than enough for pre workout protein and aminos. Fingers crossed that I like this (makes my life easier ordering everything from NP, otherwise custom True Protein here I come for pre-workout protein!)

mancstu

Awards
labrada prov 60 choc tastes and mixes great is quite expensive though.
Eva pro cookies and cream does not taste too good never tryed it in milk though.
Got some up 2 to try next week not sure if it will beat the pro v to become my favorite.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I'm really intrigued by this product because of the quality nutrient profile. I have in the past been using 2 scoops of Powder with skim milk. I have a feeling I will like this product a lot and I'm hoping I do. I realized 1 scoop pre workout (which will last me 24 days so the price isn't all that bad) with my 2 cups of skim milk and 1 cup c/c is more than enough for pre workout protein and aminos. Fingers crossed that I like this (makes my life easier ordering everything from NP, otherwise custom True Protein here I come for pre-workout protein!)
Are you blending that all together?

If so, I suggest Chocolate PB or Strawberry. It sorta gets tasting like a cheesecake.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Are you blending that all together?

If so, I suggest Chocolate PB or Strawberry. It sorta gets tasting like a cheesecake.
I usually mix the milk and protein with the c/c separate. That sounds pretty damn good though.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for anyone who is intersted I am using American Whey double dutch choc. it is outstanding

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
UP 2.0 is ridiculously good, all the flavors. My preference though is:
Choc PB>Vanilla>Choc>Straw>Bana>C&C
They are all fantastic though.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ultra Peptide 2.0 is very good.

For a good tasting protein, you can't beat Ergopharm Orange Creme. Absolutely amazing. Tastes just like an Orange creamsicle.

-Spaz

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea I got the cherry gf pro back in the day (and it was by accident, I use fruit proteins really) and it was insanely delicious. I however can't bring myself to deviate from the Dutch Chocolate. What I do is I put two scoops in the bottom of my cup after my workout, then gently poor skim milk on top (so that it doesn't disturb the powder at all. Then I throw it in the freezer, and scoop the protein out of the bottom and its like eating chocolate ice cream/cake. Its so good that a w/w bagel and that is my cheat meal.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Overall I enjoyed the UP 2.0 Cookies and Cream flavor. Flavor was nice and sweet leaning more towards the cream side. Aftertaste lingered for a bit but it wasn't chemically at all but like above just sweet. I would certainly purchase it again but I can't say I would make it a staple flavor. Mixability was a pita in the cup (stirring with a knife. So either user a shaker cup or learn to deal.) However for those of you who know me and how I like my protein shakes I love when my protein clumps up so I can eat it like ice cream which this was perfect for.

Definitely recommended if thinking of giving it a try. At 1 scoop a day this product will last for 24 days so price isn't all that negative (mixed with 2 cups skim milk and your set.)