what is the best supplement to take to bulk up?

mapexman

Awards
i have only been working out the past few months. well since highschool. i have never takn any kind of supplements other than protien. i know this is probably a stupid question to most of you but there is are so many different things out there.

mapexman

Awards
i dont want to put on any more fat its almost beach time. and arent there things out there that are a little more effective than just eating?

RNS

Awards
not really, the only thing i'd suggest looking into at this point would be creatine.

mapexman

Awards
doesnt creatine just make you recover faster? so there are no supplements out there that will truely excellerate growth without to much fat gain?

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Dude just eat or don't bother. You can't replace food dude no matter what supplement you take.

mapexman

Awards
what kind of diet plan and where would i get something like that

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Eat clean surplus calories, EFAs, Multi, and frequent smaller meals. There's weight gain calculators online if you do a search. You'd be suprised what you can do simply by tailoring your diet and following a good routine yet avoiding overtraining.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
The most anabolic substance on the face of the earth = food.
You don't need any supplements.

mapexman

Awards
ok what i am getting is dont mess around with supplements. eat a lot of good food all day long and dont work out to much. i think i am eating pretty well now. i am 6 feet 185 so i am not that small i just thought mabe there was something that would give me a boost forward. faster gain.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what kind of diet plan and where would i get something like that

There are plenty of online bookstores. Personally I like Amazon.com. Just search through the diet books and find one you might enjoy trying. A lot of people like this one,

Amazon.com: The Metabolic Diet: The revolutionary diet that explodes the myths about carbohydrates and fats: Mauro G Di Pasquale: Books

If your really into professional bodybuilding, maybe try this one,

Amazon.com: Anabolic Solution for Bodybuilders: Dr. Mauro G Di Pasquale: Books

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
eat a lot of good food all day long and dont work out to much.

i just thought mabe there was something that would give me a boost forward. faster gain.
Who said dont work out too much?

If you want a quick fix try a novedex xt/gakic/nitrotech/butt juice/anabolic halo, stack an you'll be HUGE in no time!

cantstop19

Awards
eat eat eat drink whey protein shakes 3 times a day

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Who said dont work out too much?

If you want a quick fix try a novedex xt/gakic/nitrotech/butt juice/anabolic halo, stack an you'll be HUGE in no time!
Although I know that is a joke, just wanted to make sure Mape took it as one.

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
i have only been working out the past few months. well since highschool. i have never takn any kind of supplements other than protien. i know this is probably a stupid question to most of you but there is are so many different things out there.
well intaking protein is a good idea .. are u havin trouble focusin in gym or something is that why ure looking to take suppliments or just want results fast ?

but if ure having trouble focusing in gym and need some pre-work out drink to give you some extra energy there are alot of good ones out there

but like every1 else suggested .. if ure diet is good, and u have no problem hitting the weights .. u should be allright and just keep working without takin any supps.

cantstop19

Awards
if your really looking to bulk go to your local shop and pick up some creatine mono or order some bulk off np another thing i would suggest as to protein wise get your self muscle milk collegiate and take it three times a day

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i could use some bulk too. haha no lies there. i am cut and size is decent but i def dont look as big as the weight i push. i follow a strict diet and alternate with a 5x5, 10x10 alternate week to week. and yes creatine is great. i prefer CEE over mono but you will get mixed opinions bro

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
doesnt creatine just make you recover faster? so there are no supplements out there that will truely excellerate growth without to much fat gain?
Teh roidz, dude.

Only side effects are beer and chicks.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Definately give creatine a shot if your diet is good already. Yes it does help you recover faster but also helps increase reps as well as size thru water retention...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah not much the fan of water retention..however i read it is somewhat "anabolic?"

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i only read the first response and i know EVERYONE will say the same thing: JUST EAT MORE FOOD. but i beg to differ. there are plenty of supplements YOU can take as a young'n to help you on your journey toward RIPPED VALLEY. forum people are just catty is all, oh yeah, and clannish.

check it, m'man. we'll go from strongest/impractical supps to mildest/practlical supps. YOU do not NEED steroids right now. you are already on them. with your crazy hormonal peak you can get HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE right now. also, androgens would cause you to have growth plate issues possibly and stunt your overall growth. not a pretty gamble. also, it takes lots and lots of research to know not only what to do when on them to not waste time/cash, but what to do when COMING OFF. that's the tricky part there. these ripped androgen users on here aren't so dumb as society thinks they are. they are CHEMISTS.

ok. down to things like, say, test boosters. again, you don't need them. you are a powerhouse right now. you just have to find a good workout/diet plan. believe me, i'd kill to be 17 or so again and have been working out. i started at 22, homie! i have a hard road to get big, but you, you can start now and do it and be where i wanna be by my age and i'll still be pushing away to get there.

ok, creatine/N.O. products. i see no problem with you using these. anyone who says otherwise is nuts. they say so because they do not trust you to use them right/use them beneficially. they think you're a joke almost, essientially. with a good diet/routine, you can benefit just as safely from anyone else using these things. creatine is found in meat, so, if anyone says you shouldn't use 3 or so grams of CEE a day, they should tell you to not eat that pork chop your mom made for ya. tell them to screw. also, N.O. products just faciliate 'the pump.' they're for show mostly, though they do help circulate nutrients to the muscles. again, no harm.

a good protein, post-workout carb, multivitamin are the last stop. you need quick PROTEINS/complex carbs pre-workout. you need quick PROTEINS/QUICK CARBS post workout. you need a MULTIVITAMIN postworkout. GET YOU SOME WHEY, SOME SWEET TARTS and A BOTTLE OF CENTRUM ACTIVE VITAMINS. take in some creatine a bit before workout an hour after a meal, 1/2 hour later take your protein/carbs, then after workout take your protein/quickcarbs/vitamin.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
oh, and good CLEAN as possible weight gainers are something like sweet potatoes, oatmeal, steak, olive oil, peanut butter, eggs, and the like. make you some weight gainer shakes, with a recipe of say 1.5 scoops protein/1 cup cooked oats/1 serving peanut butter or
1.5 scoops whey/1 cup oats/1 cup blueberries/half a banana
etc.

305Rob

Awards
I recommend you use and cycle creatine.One with a delivery system such as dextrose or waxy maize.

Also consider an N02 product.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I've tried many protein powders and the majority do nothing or very little. Started using Muscle Milk about a month ago and my workouts went thru the roof! Alot more strength, massive pumps, lifting more weight, amazing recovery and gained 10 lbs of hard muscle! Many on this board have said too much fat for their liking but I'm finding it's probably the fat which Muscle Milk say is good fat that is giving such stellar results. Also most are brainwashed to only use Whey protein...I've always found that Casein is much better since it's more consistently releasing amminos into your system.

Try it...bet you'll gain 10 lbs of muscle if you push yourself in the gym...Muscle Milk's the Best...Drink, lift and grow!!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I've tried many protein powders and the majority do nothing or very little. Started using Muscle Milk about a month ago and my workouts went thru the roof! Alot more strength, massive pumps, lifting more weight, amazing recovery and gained 10 lbs of hard muscle! Many on this board have said too much fat for their liking but I'm finding it's probably the fat which Muscle Milk say is good fat that is giving such stellar results. Also most are brainwashed to only use Whey protein...I've always found that Casein is much better since it's more consistently releasing amminos into your system.

Try it...bet you'll gain 10 lbs of muscle if you push yourself in the gym...Muscle Milk's the Best...Drink, lift and grow!!
smart people use both. casein before bed=sweet. muscle milk and a 10lbs gain in a month...did you alternate your WO, diet, supplements? thats very impressive if it was all lean muscle.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established

i'm sorry but..........AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! muscle milk is crap!! CRAP!!!! you want some protein? whey is where it's at around workout time, homie! you want some bedtime casein?! COTTAGE CHEESE FULL MILKFAT IS WHERE IT'S AT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! muscle milk.....why i laugh?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
luclyluciano might be a muscle milk marketer in disguise. sounds like he was a novice in the beginning of his post, but then he started talking about amino delivery at the end. hm.

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
i could use some bulk too. haha no lies there. i am cut and size is decent but i def dont look as big as the weight i push. i follow a strict diet and alternate with a 5x5, 10x10 alternate week to week. and yes creatine is great. i prefer CEE over mono but you will get mixed opinions bro
im not too knowledge on supps, which is why im here
wouldnt amplified creatine work better to bulk up ? i mean this is what i heard ..not that i took my friends advice, but he was telling me that it would work better then mono, if ure lookin to bulk up

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about adding anything now. You have only been working out for a short period of time and growth should not be struggling at this point. If your dead set on getting something i would just get some creatine mono.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
im not too knowledge on supps, which is why im here
wouldnt amplified creatine work better to bulk up ? i mean this is what i heard ..not that i took my friends advice, but he was telling me that it would work better then mono, if ure lookin to bulk up
amplified over mono huh?...mono works good but i just ahte all the retention it produces. something like 60%is water and with CEE 10% is water.

rugrat5288

Awards
2 good safe things you could try are neovar or incarnate. you need a multi and some fish oil. maybe some bcaa's in your shakes. everyone wants something they can use as a suppliment. it just makes it funner(<--not a word). do you need them? probably not.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Halo- cryogenic technologie..............:toofunny:

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't worry about adding anything now. You have only been working out for a short period of time and growth should not be struggling at this point. If your dead set on getting something i would just get some creatine mono.

I totally agree...no need to complicate things yet. keep your diet straight and put your time in at the gym.

also, T-Bone is right (that's what I was going to say)...Food!

Last edited:

305Rob

Awards
Without all the laughing,MuscleMilk has great flavors,but IMHO it's garbage when it comes to supplementing with quality protein.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
luclyluciano might be a muscle milk marketer in disguise. sounds like he was a novice in the beginning of his post, but then he started talking about amino delivery at the end. hm.
Just telling it like it is! 1st hand experience. PLUS there are plenty of research articles in MD and Flex magazine etc. confirming what I already have experienced 1st hand.

Scientists are reporting that the best results are a combination of Casein and Whey. The whey for immediate absorbtion and the Casein for slow release.

Manimalia...I'm sure you know your supposed to feed your muscles every 2-3 hours....of course food is the best way to do this, even better than your beloved over hyped whey!!!
Don't get me wrong, whey definitely has its place but so does casein and I found a combination of both like found in Muscle Milk is fantastic.

I don't see how so many of you say Muscle Milk is Garbage...did you have a bad experience or something. Did U get fat on it because your workouts are too lazy, slow and lacking intensity because you are overly dependant on Steroids?? I had a personal trainer about a year ago that was good friends with Dorian Yates and actually trained with him in the past. He never touched Steroids...so he said and was huge and he was very outspoken when pointing to the guys in the gym that were overly dependant on Roids. Their workouts were the laziest lowest intensity and had the worst form possible because their gains were were all Chemical!!! LOL!! I bet if you even tried MM...you probably are too lazy in the gym to get the benefits you should be getting!

I work out in a huge gym that is jammed with people many of which are Muscle heads and I can tell you I am one of the most intense there!!
I like to work out like Jay Cutler very intense, short rest periods and higher volume...so no, I am not a novice! LOL!

I don't know for sure what does it but my strength and intensity in the gym has gone thru the roof since using it and I'm using it all wrong...I DRINK IT DURING MY WORKOUT!!! LOL!! Of course its gone in the 1st 10 minutes.

My muscles are also pumped up to the maximum and on EVERY SINGLE WORKOUT!!!! I used to get stares in the gym because I was pretty big & cut up while wearing tank tops at the gym...now I wear loose short sleeved Nike T's and get the
same stares...I love it.

I weighed 185lbs before muscle milk...now I'm 198 in roughly 2 short months and I have never reached close to 200lbs. With Muscle Milk I surely will hit 200 lbs in the next few weeks.

You guys talk about increasing your strength thru anabolics...well I have accomplished this with out them.

Don't get me wrong...I just started my 1st cycle today of E-max and am excited about this but I love Muslce Milk.

I have triied lots of whey protein but Whey alone left me wondering what was so special about it????

I even would order my own whey protien for years from True Protein and experimented with creating my own concoctions there.

I am telling you the truth....I bet I can workout just as hard as you in the gym probably even alot harder & heavier and the biggest difference is I am never sore anymore 2 days later. I was always sore with whey...therefore poor recovery!! I have amazing recovery! Yeah MM is definitely garbabe... but you can stick to your brainwashing and overhyped whey protein alone & I will continue with my increadible workouts and gains with MM.

For your information...Muscle Milk has both Whey & Casein Plus good fats for energy and probably some other good things etc. All I know is it works amazing...so stop relying so much on roids and push yourself hard in the gym with shorter rest periods and give MM a try...It works and you won't lose your hair from too much Steroids!!! LOL!! Garbage My ass!
:icon_lol:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

A muscle milk rep?? Do you really think it gave you that kind of gains?? Drinking it during your workout???

:D

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i dont want to put on any more fat its almost beach time. and arent there things out there that are a little more effective than just eating?
Man i was down in Panama City beach Florida for spring break at about 14 percent. There were ripped dudes there. Although, I was one of the biggest guys there I've seen muscle wise. Saying all that to say this..Muscle growth takes time Ive been doing this for seven years now. Obviously determination, consistency and a desire to achieve your ideal physique , and actually do the hard work are a must.

Has anyone tryed Controlled Labs Black hole , which is supposed to increase hunger?

cantstop19

Awards
muscle milk is not crap buddy, unless you have a strict diet supplements do basically nothing for you, when your diet is right then you can start supplementing with stuff thats why they are called supplements

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

A muscle milk rep?? Do you really think it gave you that kind of gains?? Drinking it during your workout???

:D
Yes, I know it has. I just started my 1 st cycle ever.
E-max by juggernaut, 210 lbs here i come.

Check my log! I'll be posting there! Trust me, I'm not a Protein Rep, I couldn't afford the pay cut! LOL!

It works...Try for yourself! Don;t take my word for it!

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
K, he def cant be a rep. whats muscle milk got like 20 grams of fat per serving? even a rep wouldnt recomend drinking that while you workout. dude your shootin yourself in the foot doin that. If your "claims" about your gains are true and you have gained 13 lbs of solid muscle in two months then i want to meet you. I will do the exact same things you are doing and get HUGE, right?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
K, he def cant be a rep. whats muscle milk got like 20 grams of fat per serving? even a rep wouldnt recomend drinking that while you workout. dude your shootin yourself in the foot doin that. If your "claims" about your gains are true and you have gained 13 lbs of solid muscle in two months then i want to meet you. I will do the exact same things you are doing and get HUGE, right?
It's 12 grams of fat to be exact. If you did any reading at all on proper nutrition, you'd know your diet must consist of Protein, Carbs and Good Fats. Muscle Milk contains those good fats as MCT (medium-chain tryglicerides) or "fast burning fats" which get burned as energy and heat. This is why my workouts are intense with tons of EXTRA ENERGY AND HUGE MUSCLE PUMPS EVERY TIME!!

I feel sorry for people that are so Brainwashed when they hear the word fats their IQ drops to the floor.

It's brainwashing like this that flew planes into the WTC.
Try it and prove me wrong, don't follow the WHEY protein Only sheep heard.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's 12 grams of fat to be exact. If you did any reading at all on proper nutrition, you'd know your diet must consist of Protein, Carbs and Good Fats. Muscle Milk contains those good fats as MCT (medium-chain tryglicerides) or "fast burning fats" which get burned as energy and heat. This is why my workouts are intense with tons of EXTRA ENERGY AND HUGE MUSCLE PUMPS EVERY TIME!!

I feel sorry for people that are so Brainwashed when they hear the word fats their IQ drops to the floor.

It's brainwashing like this that flew planes into the WTC.
Try it and prove me wrong, don't follow the WHEY protein Only sheep heard.
You typically don't want something your body has to work on to digest during a workout. That's why people take BCAAs and simplified nutrients during a workout, if anything.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
totally agree camel. and luciano if you did any reading at all, other than whats on the back of the Musclemilk jar, youd c that while MCT's and other healthy fats are great you dont want to take them pre, post or intra workout.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
and holy crap i just read the rest of that filth you wrote. r u comparing me to the 911 terrorists. Look u f*cking J*ck*ss your nutrition is way off. these gains you say you made r either because your a newb and have never worked out in your fat 45 years of life, or you are lying.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
totally agree camel. and luciano if you did any reading at all, other than whats on the back of the Musclemilk jar, youd c that while MCT's and other healthy fats are great you dont want to take them pre, post or intra workout.
I like having some fat pre-workout to carry my nutrients with me throughout the workout, but post-workout I like to minimize fat as much as possible to get nutrients into the blood as fast as possible for recovery.