Bulk Beta Alanine

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
So I just started taking beta alanine last week. I gotta say it makes my skin feel terrible!! Whats the deal with this? I get random weird, uncomfortable tingles in face, ears, and arms...anyone know why?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
cause your taking Beta Alanine. Most everyone feels that. It feels like you took some Niacin doesn't it?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It causes paraesthesia which is perfectly harmless it just causes discomfort in some. If you don't like the feeling you can try taking the beta alanine with food.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Lol yes...it definitely feels like I took a lot of niacin. Ha I had to do that one when I was like 16 cause my mom was gonna give me a UA and I thought it would clean herb out. Thanks for the Info bolt, I had no idea.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
How do you dose the Beta Alanine?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol yes...it definitely feels like I took a lot of niacin. Ha I had to do that one when I was like 16 cause my mom was gonna give me a UA and I thought it would clean herb out. Thanks for the Info bolt, I had no idea.
NP man i love both the BA tingles and the niacin flush....but i can understand why some may dislike it. As i stated tho if it really bothers you try taking it with food or lowering the dosage and having it more spread out during the day. Great stuff tho you should love it

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've got a semi-bald/shaved head and after taking BA, it makes me rub the crap out of it cause it itches so bad.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Lol I may have to take it with food from now on, its nothing that I'm gonna die over but i def. don't like it! I take 1260 mg because I have bulk nutritions ba so its serving size is weird.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I have 2g in a Muscle Milk shake before working out. The tingling has subsided quite a bit from the first days of use.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Try doubling your dose, but drink it through an extended time, like start pre-workout and SLOWLY sip throughout your workout and finish up after your workout. You will eventually get use to it, but splitting it up will help you get use to a little quicker.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is an initial time period where you body is building up it's carnosine levels. Depending on how much you take and also how (Carb's were found to increase uptake) you will establish your levels quicker. The tingling is a good way to measure how much your body needs in my experience. I usually split it into two doses, and when I feel the tingle I know that my dose is enough and then scale it down just a tad. I find my maintenance is 2g x2 daily.

To me the paresthesia feels like very dry skin, which is what I mistook it for at first!

jdev

Awards
  • Established
you get used to it, also if you take it every day the effect lessens

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
My first experience included me b*tching to the wife because I thought the fumes from some chili that was on the stove was causing my face, ears, eyes, head, etc. to itch and kind of 'burn'. LOL

Funny thing is, I knew about the 'tingle'. But, I guess I had a brain fart and forgot I took it or something.

There is an initial time period where you body is building up it's carnosine levels. Depending on how much you take and also how (Carb's were found to increase uptake) you will establish your levels quicker. The tingling is a good way to measure how much your body needs in my experience. I usually split it into two doses, and when I feel the tingle I know that my dose is enough and then scale it down just a tad. I find my maintenance is 2g x2 daily.

To me the paresthesia feels like very dry skin, which is what I mistook it for at first!