Best time during the day/night to take fish oils

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
i just take 2,000mg with each meal.. usually after i finish my meal... breakfast, lunch, dinner

thats jus me though

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's said to be best after workouts, because it can inhibit inflammation that makes muscle grow.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
It's said to be best after workouts, because it can inhibit inflammation that makes muscle grow.
so you mean not around workouts than right Trip?

I take 10 grams a day. 3 grams with breakfast (or meal after post workout meal) 3 Grams 4 hours later, 4 grams with pre bed Flax.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
so you mean not around workouts than right Trip?

I take 10 grams a day. 3 grams with breakfast (or meal after post workout meal) 3 Grams 4 hours later, 4 grams with pre bed Flax.
I just take it when I remember. As long as I get it in daily, I feel it is fine. I usually end up taking 6 caps of nutra's bulk fish oil right before I hit the sack everynite. One thing I have done is store my fish oil in the frig. It just keeps the smell down a bit.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just take it when I remember. As long as I get it in daily, I feel it is fine. I usually end up taking 6 caps of nutra's bulk fish oil right before I hit the sack everynite....
Fish oil is best taken with food, though. More specifically, it is best taken with fat-containing meals. Absorption, bioavailablity, and results are best that way.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Fish oil is best taken with food, though. More specifically, it is best taken with fat-containing meals. Absorption, bioavailablity, and results are best that way.
I agree, but once again, this is splitting hairs IMHO.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im the same way! I never seem to remember until i'm about to turn off the TV. What a pain.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
That all depends...

did you just take the time out of your day to reply to it? :)

krazy

Awards
Meh just wondering if scheduling your fish oil is REEELY worth the effort? Does it have substantial effects?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Meh just wondering if scheduling your fish oil is REEELY worth the effort? Does it have substantial effects?
Its supposed to be taken with other fats of the same chemical makeup to make the absorption rate better...if that's what you mean?

krazy

Awards
Alright, bonus question... Whats a good maintenance dose of fish oil?
And, moreso, capsules or liquid and why?

;)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i just take my fish oils whenever, same with multivitamin.

if you can schedule enough out of your day to time dosings then i'm jealous, as my schedule does not allow this.

offr85

Awards
first time i got on vitamins i gobbled my fishoil, vitamin b-6 200 and a zinc 100... i turned into the exocist and threw up for around 30min.. after that i knew why they flavored the oil lemon..

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Do fish oils interfere with protein absorption post workout? I heard from a friend that fats can but...:confused:

krazy

Awards
first time i got on vitamins i gobbled my fishoil, vitamin b-6 200 and a zinc 100... i turned into the exocist and threw up for around 30min.. after that i knew why they flavored the oil lemon..
Prolly the zinc.

I tried supplementing zinc ONCE.. went to the gym afterwards.. Hopped on the treadmill. Next thing I know, Im yacking up the eggs I just ate for breakfast.

Zinc + empty stomach = bad news

At least IMHO...

rcaz01

Awards
one with each meal... I don't go crazy on them but I also take in a serving of olive, coconut, or flax before bed.

The Nutra bulk stuff is great 1,000 softgels for $25 which will get me through the better part of a year!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I dose it at any time during the day that isn't breakfast or post workout. Any other time of day is fair game.

Bobby Lee

Awards
I wish I could take flaxseed oil. Every and I mean every time I tried it I end up in the fetal position with tummy aches. ...lol