Green Urine

L

liftbig74

Awards
I recently got a new multivitamin, and have noticed greenish urine since. Is this because of too much B-vitamins. If so can it cause damage, should I stop taking them?

b-6=25mg,1250%
b-12=100mcg,1667%

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
My multi (MVP/ZMK) has the same amount of b6 as well as 500mcg of b12 and I don't pee green...are you drinking enough water? Are you taking your multi with food? Which multi are you taking?

I'm just trying to get the initial questions out there.

L

liftbig74

Awards
I try to drink atleast 64 oz./day

TwinLab's Daily One Caps is the multi

Yes, I take it with dinner once a day

U

UTADAHOLIC

Awards
i thought it was normal to pee green while taking multis

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
You need 128 oz a day honestly if you are training or anything more than a desk jockey (no offense to any fellow desk jockeys, LOL).

MB

J

jamo615

Awards
that is so weird because i was planning on making this same thread. i just started taking universal animal packs multi vitamins and it made my urine extremely yellow. more than usual so i guess this is a common occurence.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
It seems to vary, I've taken multis that turn my urine Tang orange or fluorescent yellow, but I haven't seen green yet. But I wouldn't be surprised. It typically does this to me only directly after I take it, but by the second bathroom break I'm clear again. Then again I pound me some water.

stick figure

stick figure

Awards
it is my understanding, some one please correct me if i am wrong, but your urine is yellow/green.... discolored... b.c. what is happening is when you take you multi your body can simply not absorb all of those vitamins all at once. So the discoloration of your urine is actually you peeing out what you body could not absorb.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I recently got a new multivitamin, and have noticed greenish urine since. Is this because of too much B-vitamins. If so can it cause damage, should I stop taking them?

b-6=25mg,1250%
b-12=100mcg,1667%

No, its normal with a good multi.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Orange/yellow is normal. I would say green is abnormal because I have never heard anyone say they are pissing green.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
On workout days if you are training the way you should be and taking in enough liquids..your urine should be normal.

On non training days...my pee always looks like mountain dew.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
that is so weird because i was planning on making this same thread. i just started taking universal animal packs multi vitamins and it made my urine extremely yellow. more than usual so i guess this is a common occurence.
It's so common it's usualy referred to as "pak piss."

I've never heard of green pee though.:blink:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Animal Paks make it the worst. It stinks like a patch of asparagus and it's like all these weird colors.

Plus you have to take 18 pills a day to make it that way. Yep...you can keep that buddy!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah basically. With any multi they are overloading you on vitamins because it's supposed to be "one pill fits all" mentality. They are formulating it for someone who works out intensely with a lot of cardio basically.

What you pee out, is what your body doesn't use/need.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I came in here expecting a discussion on a new Cutting Edge Labs product.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
urine is a waste product. Changes in color can be diet related. After eating dark green vegi's (aspargas) it'll have a stronger odor too. Unsure of your age but if you've ever gone on binge night drinking usually by the end of the night your piss is clear. Drink more water, take the multi with food for better absorbtion. Just curious do you sweat green ? like that Gatoraid commercial

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LOL on green sweat!

MB

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Too much b-vitamin gets me going green too, it's nothing to worry about, it just means you could do with more water and that megadosing vitamins is rather pointless.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Too much b-vitamin gets me going green too, it's nothing to worry about, it just means you could do with more water and that megadosing vitamins is rather pointless.
That all depends on how physical your days. Some people need a larger dose of B than others. Like I said earlier, i'm under the impression that these companies make the multi with the person who is EXTREMELY physical in mind.

L

liftbig74

Awards
Thanks for the help
My piss isn't "GREEN" it just has a greenish color to it.
I guess it's normal, I'll just try to drink more water to.
And yes I take it with food. I haven't noticed green sweat, but that would be pretty cool.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Crap...way to blow a joke.

I suck.

Hahahah I had a feeling that's where you were going too.

I hope they make a cleanse called like "brown secretion" or something similar. That would be amazing.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established

I hope they make a cleanse called like "brown secretion" or something similar. That would be amazing.
haha my bad dsade.

Brown secretion? LOL

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established

Quiet!!!! GNC could be listening. They Smell a marketing plan.:dump: New from GNC....Colon Blow!!!!!!!! only $79.95
Gold card members $59.95.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
THAT...would officially be the cheapest thing they stock. Coming in a close 2nd, shaker bottles for $85.99

CodyMartin

CodyMartin

Awards
No reference at the moment, but I remember green urine being a product of disposing unabsorbed Riboflavin.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Well this thread quickly went to sh*t..