Need Suggestions for MUST HAVE supplements

Dru

Dru

Awards
Im 19 years old and i can honestly say i dont know anything about supplementing. I have got results with just protein shakes but i ALWAYS feel so fatigued and esepcially mornings are horrible. Also, for the past couple monthes i find i am not confident enough in the gym to move weights up, i get to anxious. Ive been reading several threads and ive noticed alot of people here suggest fish oil and coconut oil. This week i am planning on going to the health food/supplement store and also a supplement store. I would really appreciate some feedback on what supplements i NEED, i know for sure ill buy fish oil, but should i buy tablets or the actual fish oil (Liquid) ? Is there anything else i should start taking? Also with suggestions could you please suggest how many times a day the product should be taken and when. I do workout 3-5 times a week and i do cardio atleast 3 times a week and i eat pretty healthy.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
my opinion of must haves vs someone elses opinion of must haves vs this guy and that guys

your 19

eat steak potatoes and green beans.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are going to do supps continue with the fish oil caps are fine i would also continue with the whey and you could use bcaa's and some creatine mono i would go no futher. Your diet is the main thing eat alot but clean and train hard and get proper rest will be you best bet.

Dosing this is just my opinion

creatine mono 5g/day can split it pre and post workout

Fish oil i take 4 caps a.m. and 4 caps p.m.

bcaa's you can sip on it during and after workouts

Whey 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop post workout

Good luck and lift hard:cheers:

Dru

Dru

Awards
BCAAs i can sip on ? I thought they were pills? is it a shake mix as well? I only take 1 during and after my workouts? For Creatine what brand do you suggest, that dont give bloating or gas? Is Purple K a good choice? i heard alot of people at my local gym take it. Thank you so much for your help

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Im 19 years old and i can honestly say i dont know anything about supplementing. I have got results with just protein shakes but i ALWAYS feel so fatigued and esepcially mornings are horrible. Also, for the past couple monthes i find i am not confident enough in the gym to move weights up, i get to anxious. Ive been reading several threads and ive noticed alot of people here suggest fish oil and coconut oil. This week i am planning on going to the health food/supplement store and also a supplement store. I would really appreciate some feedback on what supplements i NEED, i know for sure ill buy fish oil, but should i buy tablets or the actual fish oil (Liquid) ? Is there anything else i should start taking? Also with suggestions could you please suggest how many times a day the product should be taken and when. I do workout 3-5 times a week and i do cardio atleast 3 times a week and i eat pretty healthy.
just take some glutamine and eat and sleep and be happy. someone should buy you a billy the bass.BCAA's.

Dru

Dru

Awards
lol if that was supposed to be insulting it was not really funny, and not to helpful, thanks though.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
lol if that was supposed to be insulting it was not really funny, and not to helpful, thanks though.
naw man. actually it wasnt meant to be insulting. its called a joke. theres alot of them on here at AM.:cheers:
like i said if you are wakin up lathargic and sore, take glutamine. include BCAA's in your workout and take either the liquid or pill form of fish oil (your preference. some of the fish oil liquids come with flax mixed in). maybe try a stim for motivation and focus? creatine will help as well. some prefer mono but i prefer CEE. also just keep up the whey. good luck...i would say go to VS thats where i work. we give the best info and have sweet deals :-D

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
lol oh sorry my bad man
its alright. ha stuff gets misinterpretted. part of life. anyways man you are at the right place. AM is full of knowlege and everything you need. hit me up (PM):dl: if you have any other quiestions

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
BCAAs i can sip on ? I thought they were pills? is it a shake mix as well? I only take 1 during and after my workouts? For Creatine what brand do you suggest, that dont give bloating or gas? Is Purple K a good choice? i heard alot of people at my local gym take it. Thank you so much for your help
you can get BCAA's in both forms ... if you buy in bulk it will be a powder ... try looking at NP ... whey before and after is the only times you would really need it I think ... get the rest of your protein intake from whole food sources (i.e. chicken, tuna, steaks, etc.) ... there's a lot of different brands of creatine mono but you can start off trying the ones from NP ... use the search feature for your specific questions and you'll find tons of threads that already have them answered

hope this gets you going in the right direction, but really think about OBacker's response ... at your age your best bet is a couple of basics and FOOD

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
While I'm sure that fish oil is great for your overall health and cardiovascular system, I seriously doubt it's going to help your morning lethargy or help you break plateaus -- For those two issues, I would get something to help you get restful sleep and a pwo supp (BA or a mix) to just give you a touch of help through your session..

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
While I'm sure that fish oil is great for your overall health and cardiovascular system, I seriously doubt it's going to help your morning lethargy or help you break plateaus -- For those two issues, I would get something to help you get restful sleep and a pwo supp (BA or a mix) to just give you a touch of help through your session..
melantonin BCAA & Beta alanine :box:thats where its at whoop whoop.

jix77

Awards
Pembroke covered the basics pretty well. The only thing I would add to his list is a good multi-vitamin. To save some cash, I would suggest getting the fish oil and creatine mono in bulk from nutraplanet. That will be a lot cheaper than any GNC, etc. They also have the best price you'll find on Xtend (BCAAs). Cover those bases and do some reading on diet and you should make some pretty good progress.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Eat son EAT!!!!!!

Sirloin and round are good choices because they are low in fat. If you don't know how to cook get a Foreman grill.

For steaks: put steaks in container full of marinade (go to the grocery, there are plenty of already made marinades) about 3 hours before you want to eat. Then insert steaks into Foreman grill, and grow.

For hamburgers: mix salt, pepper, chopped onion, 1 egg per lb of meat, & barbeque sauce. Mix well, make patties, toss on grill.

Red meat is your friend, besides cow farts are bad for the environment, so do your part and eat some cows!

shortblock

Awards
Red meat is your friend, besides cow farts are bad for the environment, so do your part and eat some cows![/QUOTE]

I like the environmental angle to this. Might have to use that.

Dru

Dru

Awards
LMAO dadof2, that was jokes, Nutraplanet eh, ive never tried any of their products. Whats their best BCCA, Multi Vitamin, Beta alanine products? Really, you can order fish oil there too? nice, its probably way cheaper than the local health food store. Nutraplanet ship to Canada? Thanks so much for all the suggestions everyone, im really glad i joined Anabolicminds.com!

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
More carbs and better carbs. Eat tons for breakfast and lunch, not so much for dinner. You'll start feeling a lot better if you're not doing that already.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
LMAO dadof2, that was jokes, Nutraplanet eh, ive never tried any of their products. Whats their best BCCA, Multi Vitamin, Beta alanine products? Really, you can order fish oil there too? nice, its probably way cheaper than the local health food store. Nutraplanet ship to Canada? Thanks so much for all the suggestions everyone, im really glad i joined Anabolicminds.com!
the search feature on these forums will yield numerous 'best of...' threads for the supplements you are asking about and can help you determine which brand you should invest your money in ... remember to research side effects that users have had with products ... not so much an issue w/ what you're asking about, but food for thought later down the road

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
leafy green vegetables is one nobody has mentioned. spinach, cabbage, broccoli, etc all should be a part of your diet too. fresh fruits as well. getting as much of your nutritional needs from whole foods is one of the best supplementation strategies possible

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you read a little bit so you can formulate some good questions? It saves you and everyone else some time if you do some research.

What are BCAAs? Aren't they pills?
- They come in pills or powder
What do they do?
-They provide anabolic/anti-catabolic stress response
What's BCAA stand for?

:gotsearch

Dru

Dru

Awards
Well green why would i research when there is people here that can give me the answers without wasting my time googlin everything and getting a 100 different answers that dont make sense. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, you still need to make some of the choices yourself. for instance glutamine is one that some people believe in and some dont, and there is no good evidence. Although there are some basic answers most of us will agree on, you can just as well get a bunch of conflicting answers here too. like "creatine mono vs CEE" :)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Well green why would i research when there is people here that can give me the answers without wasting my time googlin everything and getting a 100 different answers that dont make sense. :)
Nothin' wrong with google ;)

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Your definatly on the right track by joining this forum. When I was 17-19 My diet was horrible, I was always tired and fatigued. When i got to college i started to get strict with my portions and nutrient break down and felt great. You may be fatigued because of your diet. I would add a solid weight gainer with plenty of good carbs.

Weight Gainers I like:

1Core MRP
2Muscle Milk Collegiate.

Definatly stick with the fishoil and continue to take whey protein immediatly after your workouts.

Make sure you are drinking a ton of water and eating 6-8 small meals a day.

Also Make sure you are not spending half your day in the gym. I got the best gains in my life when i limited myself to 45 minutes of weight lifting and not the 2-3 hours I was trying to do when i was younger.

How are your sleeping habits ?