The Supplement Pyramid in MD...WTF?

1. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The Supplement Pyramid in MD...WTF?

Did anyone catch the Bodybuilding Supplement Pyramid in MD? The author Carlton Colker is really smoking something besides pimping his OBVIOUSLY upcoming myostatin product. We he has been casually mentioning for the past year.

Base Rung - Protein, Vitamins, EFA's - COMMENT: Ok, I can buy this one I guess.

2nd Rung - Creatine, Glutamine, Phosphates? - COMMENT: Ok, I buy Creatine as the second rung.

3rd Rung - Arginine, AAKG - COMMENT: Well, I wouldn't put this at the third rung, maybe part of the second. What about BCAA's and maybe Herbal Test Boosters (not tribulus).

4th Rung - ZMA, Tribulus - COMMENT: Are you kidding? ZMA? Tribulus? Trib was just again proven not to work... How about maybe Anti-Estrogens.

5th Rung - Myostatin Blockers - COMMENT: Come on now dude. Biotest was the only one selling that **** and we all know it didn't do too much. Reading between the lines we see you have an upcoming Myostatin product coming out, but SERIOUSLY Myostatin Inhibitors as the 5th rung for "experienced" bodybuilders...what about prohormones/prosteroids???

This is classicly the joke with these magazines. What kind of skewed article is this. Unless Dr. Colker has his head completely in the sand, he misses two of the most important catagories in sports supplements. AI's and Prohormones have broken sports supplements wide open, from products that have minimal effects to things that actually work.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.03%

word
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.62%

There are a line of high schoolers in Gnc right now asking about mysotatin blockers
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.98%

lol, i dont even see beta-alanine
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Yeah, I forgot about Beta Alanine. I mean who writes this stuff? Dr. or not, if you are going to do something on sports supplements, at least do a little homework and TRY not to be SOOO self serving. I write self serving stuff too, but that is really taking it too far.
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

yeah, beta alanine, bcaa, zma should be on rung 2, rung 3 I can't really think of anything that belongs on it
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.81%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about Beta Alanine. I mean who writes this stuff? Dr. or not, if you are going to do something on sports supplements, at least do a little homework and TRY not to be SOOO self serving. I write self serving stuff too, but that is really taking it too far.
    Relax bro...didn't you know Dr. Colker was Shaq's "fitness guru"? If you think that article is bad you should of read his "sales pitch" last year for some product called Folstaxan (an oral follistatin myostatin blocker). A lot of people paid money in advance to be on a year-long waiting list.... I've seen the words fraud & hoax connected to this product and Dr. Colker & his "studies"...

I don't know which is worse Dr. Colker or your adverts in that same magazine promising the skinny kid that he'll get huuuuuge using your DHEA product.

I guess there's enough room for more than one clown in that magazine.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

Lets compare it to the pyramid from Size Surge 2.

Base: Food, phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals
    next: whey supplement
    next:creatine mono
    next: Test boosters
    next: Cort suppressors
    top: GH booster

Similar Forum Threads

1. pyramid training
    By rojasdave in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 11:50 AM
  2. Pyramid or Reverse Pyramid Benching?