The Supplement Pyramid in MD...WTF?

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Did anyone catch the Bodybuilding Supplement Pyramid in MD? The author Carlton Colker is really smoking something besides pimping his OBVIOUSLY upcoming myostatin product. We he has been casually mentioning for the past year.

Base Rung - Protein, Vitamins, EFA's - COMMENT: Ok, I can buy this one I guess.

2nd Rung - Creatine, Glutamine, Phosphates? - COMMENT: Ok, I buy Creatine as the second rung.

3rd Rung - Arginine, AAKG - COMMENT: Well, I wouldn't put this at the third rung, maybe part of the second. What about BCAA's and maybe Herbal Test Boosters (not tribulus).

4th Rung - ZMA, Tribulus - COMMENT: Are you kidding? ZMA? Tribulus? Trib was just again proven not to work... How about maybe Anti-Estrogens.

5th Rung - Myostatin Blockers - COMMENT: Come on now dude. Biotest was the only one selling that **** and we all know it didn't do too much. Reading between the lines we see you have an upcoming Myostatin product coming out, but SERIOUSLY Myostatin Inhibitors as the 5th rung for "experienced" bodybuilders...what about prohormones/prosteroids???

This is classicly the joke with these magazines. What kind of skewed article is this. Unless Dr. Colker has his head completely in the sand, he misses two of the most important catagories in sports supplements. AI's and Prohormones have broken sports supplements wide open, from products that have minimal effects to things that actually work.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
:fool2: There are a line of high schoolers in Gnc right now asking about mysotatin blockers

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I forgot about Beta Alanine. I mean who writes this stuff? Dr. or not, if you are going to do something on sports supplements, at least do a little homework and TRY not to be SOOO self serving. I write self serving stuff too, but that is really taking it too far.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, beta alanine, bcaa, zma should be on rung 2, rung 3 I can't really think of anything that belongs on it :)

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I forgot about Beta Alanine. I mean who writes this stuff? Dr. or not, if you are going to do something on sports supplements, at least do a little homework and TRY not to be SOOO self serving. I write self serving stuff too, but that is really taking it too far.
Relax bro...didn't you know Dr. Colker was Shaq's "fitness guru"? :rofl: If you think that article is bad you should of read his "sales pitch" last year for some product called Folstaxan (an oral follistatin myostatin blocker). A lot of people paid money in advance to be on a year-long waiting list.... I've seen the words fraud & hoax connected to this product and Dr. Colker & his "studies"...

I don't know which is worse Dr. Colker or your adverts in that same magazine promising the skinny kid that he'll get huuuuuge using your DHEA product. :rofl:

I guess there's enough room for more than one clown in that magazine.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Lets compare it to the pyramid from Size Surge 2.

Base: Food, phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals
next: whey supplement
next:creatine mono
next: Test boosters
next: Cort suppressors
top: GH booster