Protein and protein with casein b4 bed question - AnabolicMinds.com

Protein and protein with casein b4 bed question

  1. New Member
    nexed23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    84

    Reputation

    Protein and protein with casein b4 bed question


    I was just wondering if i am wasting my money if i do this or if this is a good thing to do. I've been drinking my GNC performance Wheybolic Extreme 60 protein 1 hr b4 workout and again immediately after workout. Now ive been reading about that its a good idea to drink bvedtime protein with casein. Would i be wasteing money if i bought At large's Nitrean to drink @ nite b4 i went to bed?? Basically is there that much diff from the wheybolic extreme 60 from the nitrean besides the casein that i would need to buy the nitrean or can i use drink the wheybolic at nite as well without using the nitrean and blowing money. Thanks in advance.

  2. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    517

    Reputation

    Don't waste your money, before bed have 2 fish fillets with maybe a cup of broccoli and a tbsp flax oil, you'll get better results from this, personally I hate drinking too much **** before bed because I don't want to get up 3 times in the middle of the night to piss.

    After workout have like 40g of maltodextrin mixed with your protein drink for a good post workout. Pre workout have a creatine on hand, I like Xpand by Dymatize, really pushes me in the gym and delivers a great pump.
  3. Registered User
    Big BAMA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    1303

    Reputation

    1) Stay out of GNC. If you are concerned about cost this is your best bet.
    2) listen to what Alex said and build off of that. Food should be where you try to get the bulk of your protein. Shakes and protein drink are fine but try to eat as much as you drink if not more.
    3) There are a Million different protein out there that are better and will fit what you want. Go to Nutraplanet .com and check out the formulas of the ones there. or go to Trueprotein.com and make your own custom mix. I guarantee it will be cheaper than GNC. And there won't be the ripoff artist trying to sell you something you do not need.
    Good Luck!
    •   
       

  4. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    517

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    1) Stay out of GNC. If you are concerned about cost this is your best bet.
    2) listen to what Alex said and build off of that. Food should be where you try to get the bulk of your protein. Shakes and protein drink are fine but try to eat as much as you drink if not more.
    3) There are a Million different protein out there that are better and will fit what you want. Go to Nutraplanet .com and check out the formulas of the ones there. or go to Trueprotein.com and make your own custom mix. I guarantee it will be cheaper than GNC. And there won't be the ripoff artist trying to sell you something you do not need.
    Good Luck!
    Agreed, GNC=overpriced LOL yet I bought MAP.... but I bought it out of boredom... Man I've been getting so much gas now I had to pick up gut health by RPN, I ordered 5 bottles.. it's that bad.
  5. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149921

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I used to use GNC's banana cream flavored whey as crowd control protocol. It gave me the worst gas. When I'd let one go it smelled like someone blew up a septic tank. I bought a cheap tub to use while I was in college... It tasted like banana 'Runts' candy. More like 'banana runs'. haha. If I wanted to be alone and there were too many people in the apartment, I'd whip up a little shake and give it a few minutes to react with my intenstinal acids. - Banana Bile Bombs!
    Freedom means nothing here.
  6. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    517

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I used to use GNC's banana cream flavored whey as crowd control protocol. It gave me the worst gas. When I'd let one go it smelled like someone blew up a septic tank. I bought a cheap tub to use while I was in college... It tasted like banana 'Runts' candy. More like 'banana runs'. haha. If I wanted to be alone and there were too many people in the apartment, I'd whip up a little shake and give it a few minutes to react with my intenstinal acids. - Banana Bile Bombs!
    It's funny because I'm getting that reaction with Banana flavor Mega Shake by Dymatize. I actually ordered 5 bottles of Gut Health today from 1fast400 to get rid of the gas/fart/grotesque smell problem.
  7. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149921

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    It's funny because I'm getting that reaction with Banana flavor Mega Shake by Dymatize. I actually ordered 5 bottles of Gut Health today from 1fast400 to get rid of the gas/fart/grotesque smell problem.
    LOL! The 'bombs' literally destroyed 3 pairs of perfectly good underwear. Learn from my mistakes!
    Freedom means nothing here.
  8. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    517

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    LOL! The 'bombs' literally destroyed 3 pairs of perfectly good underwear. Learn from my mistakes!
    Haha ya man gotta wear my tighty whitys instead of the calvins!
  9. New Member
    ProAnabolics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    157

    Reputation

    GNC has some good deals going right now, I picked up some Optimum nutrition protein for 23 bucks, and a tub of pro complex for 40. But yeah, never pay full price on their stuff.
  10. New Member
    Thudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    143

    Reputation

    You don't want to be having anything before bed, be it a protein drink or food. Anything you consume will cause an insulin reaction which will blunt your natural GH release - and during sleep, when your biggest GH release occurs, is not when you want this to happen.

    Don't fall into the "if I don't eat before bed I'll lose too much muscle because it's 8-10 hours before I eat anything else." paranoia trap. Get your calories during the day when your body is geared up to digest them and you'll be fine.

    Having food 90 minutes before bed is the minimum I go on, 2 hours or more is preferable.
  11. New Member
    Speed321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    176

    Reputation

    try a can of tuna with 1/2 tbsp olive oil with pepper
    dont buy casein for b4 bed it doesnt really make a diff imo
    fiber and fats will help carry any protein thru the night
  12. Yari Ka Daw!
    AlexParty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    517

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Thudd View Post
    You don't want to be having anything before bed, be it a protein drink or food. Anything you consume will cause an insulin reaction which will blunt your natural GH release - and during sleep, when your biggest GH release occurs, is not when you want this to happen.

    Don't fall into the "if I don't eat before bed I'll lose too much muscle because it's 8-10 hours before I eat anything else." paranoia trap. Get your calories during the day when your body is geared up to digest them and you'll be fine.

    Having food 90 minutes before bed is the minimum I go on, 2 hours or more is preferable.
    You can eat 30 minutes before bed. You need protein throughout the night, it's only logical to have slow processing protein for night time. If you don't eat anything before bed that's your method and that's ok. I wouldn't eat carbs after 8, even when bulking because I'm just asking for fat gain.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. CASEIN PROTEIN???
    By bud suniga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
  2. What Casein Protein do you use?
    By zodiiac523 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 05:16 AM
  3. Best casein protein?
    By Norway88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 01:40 PM
  4. Pre-bed Casein Protein ?
    By thahotboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 01:35 AM
  5. ON casein protein
    By OmarJackson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in