Protein and protein with casein b4 bed question

nexed23

Awards
I was just wondering if i am wasting my money if i do this or if this is a good thing to do. I've been drinking my GNC performance Wheybolic Extreme 60 protein 1 hr b4 workout and again immediately after workout. Now ive been reading about that its a good idea to drink bvedtime protein with casein. Would i be wasteing money if i bought At large's Nitrean to drink @ nite b4 i went to bed?? Basically is there that much diff from the wheybolic extreme 60 from the nitrean besides the casein that i would need to buy the nitrean or can i use drink the wheybolic at nite as well without using the nitrean and blowing money. Thanks in advance.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Don't waste your money, before bed have 2 fish fillets with maybe a cup of broccoli and a tbsp flax oil, you'll get better results from this, personally I hate drinking too much **** before bed because I don't want to get up 3 times in the middle of the night to piss.

After workout have like 40g of maltodextrin mixed with your protein drink for a good post workout. Pre workout have a creatine on hand, I like Xpand by Dymatize, really pushes me in the gym and delivers a great pump.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
1) Stay out of GNC. If you are concerned about cost this is your best bet.
2) listen to what Alex said and build off of that. Food should be where you try to get the bulk of your protein. Shakes and protein drink are fine but try to eat as much as you drink if not more.
3) There are a Million different protein out there that are better and will fit what you want. Go to Nutraplanet .com and check out the formulas of the ones there. or go to Trueprotein.com and make your own custom mix. I guarantee it will be cheaper than GNC. And there won't be the ripoff artist trying to sell you something you do not need.
Good Luck!

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
1) Stay out of GNC. If you are concerned about cost this is your best bet.
2) listen to what Alex said and build off of that. Food should be where you try to get the bulk of your protein. Shakes and protein drink are fine but try to eat as much as you drink if not more.
3) There are a Million different protein out there that are better and will fit what you want. Go to Nutraplanet .com and check out the formulas of the ones there. or go to Trueprotein.com and make your own custom mix. I guarantee it will be cheaper than GNC. And there won't be the ripoff artist trying to sell you something you do not need.
Good Luck!
Agreed, GNC=overpriced LOL yet I bought MAP.... but I bought it out of boredom... Man I've been getting so much gas now I had to pick up gut health by RPN, I ordered 5 bottles.. it's that bad.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I used to use GNC's banana cream flavored whey as crowd control protocol. It gave me the worst gas. When I'd let one go it smelled like someone blew up a septic tank. I bought a cheap tub to use while I was in college... It tasted like banana 'Runts' candy. More like 'banana runs'. haha. If I wanted to be alone and there were too many people in the apartment, I'd whip up a little shake and give it a few minutes to react with my intenstinal acids. - Banana Bile Bombs!

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
I used to use GNC's banana cream flavored whey as crowd control protocol. It gave me the worst gas. When I'd let one go it smelled like someone blew up a septic tank. I bought a cheap tub to use while I was in college... It tasted like banana 'Runts' candy. More like 'banana runs'. haha. If I wanted to be alone and there were too many people in the apartment, I'd whip up a little shake and give it a few minutes to react with my intenstinal acids. - Banana Bile Bombs!
It's funny because I'm getting that reaction with Banana flavor Mega Shake by Dymatize. I actually ordered 5 bottles of Gut Health today from 1fast400 to get rid of the gas/fart/grotesque smell problem.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
It's funny because I'm getting that reaction with Banana flavor Mega Shake by Dymatize. I actually ordered 5 bottles of Gut Health today from 1fast400 to get rid of the gas/fart/grotesque smell problem.
LOL! The 'bombs' literally destroyed 3 pairs of perfectly good underwear. Learn from my mistakes!

ProAnabolics

ProAnabolics

Awards
GNC has some good deals going right now, I picked up some Optimum nutrition protein for 23 bucks, and a tub of pro complex for 40. But yeah, never pay full price on their stuff.

Thudd

Awards
You don't want to be having anything before bed, be it a protein drink or food. Anything you consume will cause an insulin reaction which will blunt your natural GH release - and during sleep, when your biggest GH release occurs, is not when you want this to happen.

Don't fall into the "if I don't eat before bed I'll lose too much muscle because it's 8-10 hours before I eat anything else." paranoia trap. Get your calories during the day when your body is geared up to digest them and you'll be fine.

Having food 90 minutes before bed is the minimum I go on, 2 hours or more is preferable.

Speed321

Awards
try a can of tuna with 1/2 tbsp olive oil with pepper
dont buy casein for b4 bed it doesnt really make a diff imo
fiber and fats will help carry any protein thru the night

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
You don't want to be having anything before bed, be it a protein drink or food. Anything you consume will cause an insulin reaction which will blunt your natural GH release - and during sleep, when your biggest GH release occurs, is not when you want this to happen.

Don't fall into the "if I don't eat before bed I'll lose too much muscle because it's 8-10 hours before I eat anything else." paranoia trap. Get your calories during the day when your body is geared up to digest them and you'll be fine.

Having food 90 minutes before bed is the minimum I go on, 2 hours or more is preferable.
You can eat 30 minutes before bed. You need protein throughout the night, it's only logical to have slow processing protein for night time. If you don't eat anything before bed that's your method and that's ok. I wouldn't eat carbs after 8, even when bulking because I'm just asking for fat gain.