10 tips for beginners (noobs)

gym88

Awards
here are 10 tips for beginners to the iron game

-Nutrition and a sound training programme are the most important, supplements are useless unless you are undertaking a sound training and nutrition programme.

-Dont fall into a the supplements trap by this i mean, relying on supplements and beleiving some of the claims. I did this with a supplement a couple of years ago, just listen to the one of the claims. "gains of upto 25lbs in just weeks". I was lucky because at the time i didnt have the money to buy it, so i didnt get burned. If you see a supplement search it on the forum and have a look at the feedback.

-steroids.This one i feel strongly about. steroids are not for beginners full stop.

-Form.Form is more important then what you can lift. by this i meen dont ignore form for more weight or reps. This is were injuries can happen, and for what, impress the Girl/boy at the water cooler.

-Read and learn.The only way to get better knowlege on weight training is by reading up on it. by doing this it will only benefit you.

-weight training is a long term thing not a overnight thing. By this i mean people wanting to get 'big now' 'strong now' and 'ripped now'. Its not going to happen, its takes months, years of hard work.

-Take advantage of your beginner gains, because when you first start weight training, this is where your best gains are, so make sure you get your nutrition right and training right, you wont be sorry. I wish I did this.

-Water. Drink water this is very important, your muscle is about 70 percent water. drink at least 2L every day. I personally drink 5-6L every day.

-Warm up. Just warm up the muscle and joints before working out. I usually just do 3 warm up sets of my first exercise of the day.

-Sleep. Try to get atleast 8hr of sleep a night, if not try to fit in a power-nap through the day, half hour should be enough.
this is because when your sleeping this is when your body recovers and grows.

Thanks for reading my tips for beginners. Im not claiming to be an expert by writing this. I hope you can appreciate this and give me good feedback.
thanks all
also please use the search button on these forum as most of your questions have probably been answered.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
People would take you more seriously if you would learn to write with proper grammar.

gym88

Awards
I apologise for the grammer. i have gone throught it again and cleaned it up.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I would add.
LEARN HOW TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.
If they did it would stop half of their threads.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think neoborn has one of these.

He usually uses a bunch of different colors.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
probably might want to put a segment about 'stretching' too.

gym88

Awards
i would put one in but im not knowlegable in that area

gym88

Awards
Does anyone else think I left anything important out?