Ephedrine and Creatine not a good mix ?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Nice first post, Yeah you could do it if you took them both pre-workout. I don't think they counter act each other.

mdgrwl

Awards
i've read on the net, back when ephedra was in the news, some kid died mixing creatine and ephedrine.

in theory, i see them going against eachother... i mean one pulls water into the muscle, the other tries to rid the body of water... seem opposite to me...

anyone else that can add to this?

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
well seeing as how rip fuel got this stuff banned from its product i dont think it would b a good idea to take it...but thats just my theory

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
like the previous poster I would think a diuretic + a water weight modifying supp would be potentially harmful withlut caution and a LOT of water intake.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i did it. i stacked ephedra with animal pump. worked fine to me. notived alot more definition and vascularity. the kid that died probably used too much ephedra...in my opinion u shouldnt take over 20mgs per serving or over 80mgs in a day...IMO

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone with any info/experiences on this?
Actually, Duchaine once mentioned in one of his Ironman columns that ephedrine increased creatine uptake. Something to do with the beta receptors, I think. Sodium, triac (no longer made) and maltose were also named as improving uptake.

Insulin is your real friend here. I suggest 75g of dextrose, a pinch of salt and some 4-hydroxyisoleucine for max uptake. Lacking the 4HIso, you could substitue D-pinitol or alpha lipoic acid.

mdgrwl

Awards
interesting... anyone else stack creatine and ephedine w/ no problems?

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like hogwash to me. I've done it several times.

I don't see how there's any way the combination could kill you. Too much ephedrine on the other hand.. Now that could potentially be bad...

ongoingsaga

I've used the ECA combo pre-workout with a Creatine/Arginine pre (and during) workout for quite some time with no trouble.
Ephedra is a bronchiodialator (basically it relaxes and expands the little tubes in your lungs that allow more air to get in). To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't have anything at all to do with water movement.

Provided you don't take too much ephedra, and you don't have some negative reaction to it, using ephedra and creatine at the same time shouldn't be a problem.