lowest price per serving protein powder

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think? I've used the BB.com protein finder, but that thing sucks. I've found cheaper cost per servings from just surfing. Right now the lowest I seem to find is the old school classic ON whey 20 lb worth for 90 bucks. That's .28 cents per serving. Can anyone beat that? I gotta buy soon so I'm lookin for a deal.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
VS sells body tech ( their generic brand) for 14.99-17.99 for 20 servings. 17G protein.

or

VS Pro tech 24 (generic brand) 24G per serving. 20 servings, 17.99-21.99

or

ON whey 2 pounds for 21.99

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
those aren't even close to the same price per serving

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think? I've used the BB.com protein finder, but that thing sucks. I've found cheaper cost per servings from just surfing. Right now the lowest I seem to find is the old school classic ON whey 20 lb worth for 90 bucks. That's .28 cents per serving. Can anyone beat that? I gotta buy soon so I'm lookin for a deal.
That is a crazy good deal... searching for it myself right now.. 20lbs for 90 dollars is less expensive than what I paid years ago when ON's prices were much lower than today's comparisons. I recall dishing out 54.99 per 10 pounder.

The problem with going with the "more affordable" proteins is the quality factor. I just don't feel right sometimes going with a random company I don't know of just to save a dollar or two. With ON, you just got two birds with one stone. I can't imagine you finding a better deal than that. The only way it would fallout is if the shipping is rediculous (I'd say ~$20 for shipping would be fair for 20lbs).

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure your not thinking of the 10 lbs bag? I see most places have the 10lbs for 80 and the 20- for 110 (before shipping..)

You mind pming me this site?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you sure your not thinking of the 10 lbs bag? I see most places have the 10lbs for 80 and the 20- for 110 (before shipping..)

You mind pming me this site?
x2 dang if the site is legit and it is 20lbs plz pm me bc even though i don't use ON very much anymore there is no way i could pass a deal like that....id be set on protein FOREVER with 20lbs lol

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
well I'm not sure how legit the site is. The picture they show of the bag is the old classic style look. If you search Optimum Nutrition 10lb bag you'll find it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The real question is how much protein per dollar is absorbed. I can take in 100's of grams but if only 30g's get absorbed what good is it. On the other hand if I am paying 100 dollars for 15 grams of protein what good is that too. You need a balance.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
The real question is how much protein per dollar is absorbed. I can take in 100's of grams but if only 30g's get absorbed what good is it. On the other hand if I am paying 100 dollars for 15 grams of protein what good is that too. You need a balance.
Well the amount absorbed isn't really dependent on how much you purchase, but rather the amount you ingest in one meal and your bodies ability to digest/utilize it. Taking in 100 grams would be overkill for the majority of people.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im just giving a example.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i was just giving examples of cheap protein man. sorry its not the same as your cost.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I guess the title and content of my first post wasn't encapsulating enough for what I was looking for. My bad.

ksa

Awards
  • Established
dont use price per serving. Price per gram of protein is the way to go. For example if on's whey is $37.95 with 75 servings 23grams of protein.

It would be like this

37.95/75/23=$0.022 per grams of protein

Im MR. obvious today, am I?