Citrulline Malate... a few questions

chlorella

Awards
I've been taking bulk Citrulline Malate form NP. It tastes good in water, but I'm wondering if it's harmful to my teeth. Sometimes I just put a spoon full in my mouth. It tastes strongly acidic. Will it eat away my teeth like soda would?

Is it hard on any body system? I'm wondering if it's like creatine where you're suposed to drink a lot of H2O to protect the kidneys. Is it bad for the liver?

I've been taking a dose pre-wo, then about 4 hrs post. Is there a better dosing protocol?

So far I've noticed that my muscles are fuller and I think I'm recovering faster. If it's safe to use, I'd consider it to be a staple.
THANKS

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
i have never read anything about being harmful and such, im guessing just because it tastes acidic that it wont eat away things, vitamin C is sour but i dont think it will melt away things. something like that. perhaps take it with some protein shake??

like i said ive been reading good stuff here and some science journals and i would like to stack it with Clout, how much are you taking ? and how are you weighing it out if its powder form? just curious.

chlorella

Awards
I'm taking a small amount in Ragnarok and I just started using Purple Wrath (I think it's in there too). With the bulk powder I'm taking roughly 2-3 tsp about 30 min pre-workout and 1-2 tsp about 4 hrs post. So far, I'm not measuring exact amounts. I've been taking more or less and I'm trying to see if I notice a difference.

There's not really a lot of information about it that I could find. MST has a decent write up under Citrivol.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Even if it is strongly acidic it will not harm your teeth unless you gargle it for long periods. (or if you are B5150, soak your dentures in it)

Ever see the episode of Myth Busters where they soak a tooth in cola?