Beta-Alanine best before or after WO?

WhatNot51

Awards
I'm trying to spread out my use of Beta-alanine throughout the day.. 2g upon wake up, 2g before bed, and was wondering what would be the best, 2g pre WO or Post WO, or does it even matter. Perhaps both for 8g a day?

Also, on rest days, what dosage is recommended?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Studies have shown that 4g per day is the optimal dose for all weights.

In reality,... this can be taken at any time of the day.. the exact timing wont make a terrible difference.
If you choose to go above 4g/day... your prob just wasting it.

Most people recommend 2g pre workout,,, and 2g post workout
on off days...dose in the AM and in the late afternoon

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Studies have shown that 4g per day is the optimal dose for all weights.

In reality,... this can be taken at any time of the day.. the exact timing wont make a terrible difference.
If you choose to go above 4g/day... your prob just wasting it.

Most people recommend 2g pre workout,,, and 2g post workout
on off days...dose in the AM and in the late afternoon
:goodpost:

I feel it does not really matter when you get your BA in during the day just as long as you do get it in. I usually get some in pre/during/post with Intrabolic at the moment but in the past did pre and post with great results. So w/e is convenient go with it

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Empirically I feel that BA works best spread throughout the day, If you are already taking doses in the morning and at night, I believe your best bet mixing up a drink with the BA and start drinking before training, but sip throughout training with the goal of finishing towards the end of your workout. This way your have the BA in your blood stream by the time you get a post workout shake/meal. The insulin spike that is stimulated with this will help transport the BA into muscles. If you really want to get crazy mix 2g's BA with some leucine and Creatine of choice, flavor with a little crystal light and grow like a weed.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
You could spread it through the day, I'd say best 30-45 minutes before workout.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to have some right at the beginning of workout as well, so I usually go with 5 scoops of xtend, 2 scoops poseidon, and 2-3g of beta alanine for my intraworkout drink

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There's a study showing it's better to spread the dose out rather than consuming 4grams at once. I'll have to find but right now I'm feeling lazy. Timing doesn't appear to be very important and 4g make suffice for most. Dose will depend on hwo active you are. Those who lift and train in other sports will probably require higher doses. I noticed that a handful MMA guys who also lift and are training at least 5 days a week seem to like 6g/day.