Need help with my supplement intake!!!!

PhilCo83

Awards
A little back ground to get started. Im 24 yrs old, 6'6" 225lbs with a medium build. Most of my life ive been involved with basketball and running so i never really built up alot of muscle because of the constant cardio. Three years ago i started lifting weights more seriously and cutting back on the cardio. At the time I weighed 200lbs, so ive gained 25lbs in three years from working out and diet. The muscle that I have added is noticeable to me but its not real significant.

Now to the beef of the problem. I have just recently started taking supplements( last year or so ) and i hear so many things about so many products. So here is what im taking and when:
whey protein, L-glutamine(powder),creatine mono(powder), testosterone booster(pill) and bcaa's.

First thing in the morning:shake- whey protein, l-glutamine and creatine mono with water.

pre-workout-testosterone booster (30 minutes before)

post-workout-shake- same as above, and BCAA's

Is there anything I should add/remove from this list? Hopefully im not p!ssing in the wind by taking this stuff. My goal is to add lean muscle mass and avoid taking on fat. Im not rying to look like a bodybuilder, just wanna be able to take my shirt off and not feel embarrased. Any suggestions would be great.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Well first what test booster are you talking about (name?) Also whether or not you are blowing your money on these supplements depends on if your diet is in check (which there was no mention of.) What does your daily caloric intake look like and what type of macro breakdown are we looking at (protein, carb, fat.) Also what type of training program are you on.

Honestly the supplement plan is fine but that is conditional of whether or not they are being used as "supplements" to a proper diet and training regimen.

PhilCo83

Awards
The test booster is called 17-HD.
My diet is pretty good, I think.
Breakfast-6:30am- Oatmeal with some fruit
9:00am-Two eggs and some lean turkey meat.
LunchSometime between11amand 1pm)-Tuna or chicken, Vegetables and an apple
2:30-Tuna or chicken on a wheat wrap with Oatmeal or a trail mix bar.
Workout around 5
Dinner consists of some sort of lean meat with veggies or a small pasta dish.
Half a peanut butter sandwhich before bed or small serving of cottage cheese.

As far as working out.
Monday- Bi's, back and abs 3 sets-10-8-6
Tuesday-Chest, tri's and shoulders
Wednesday-Legs and abs
Thursday-Bi's and back
Friday-Chest,tri's and shoulders
Sat and Sun off
Maybe 15 minutes of cardio twice a weak.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
The test booster is called 17-HD.
My diet is pretty good, I think.
Breakfast-6:30am- Oatmeal with some fruit
9:00am-Two eggs and some lean turkey meat.
LunchSometime between11amand 1pm)-Tuna or chicken, Vegetables and an apple
2:30-Tuna or chicken on a wheat wrap with Oatmeal or a trail mix bar.
Workout around 5
Dinner consists of some sort of lean meat with veggies or a small pasta dish.
Half a peanut butter sandwhich before bed or small serving of cottage cheese.

As far as working out.
Monday- Bi's, back and abs 3 sets-10-8-6
Tuesday-Chest, tri's and shoulders
Wednesday-Legs and abs
Thursday-Bi's and back
Friday-Chest,tri's and shoulders
Sat and Sun off
Maybe 15 minutes of cardio twice a weak.
Phil I know where your coming from man.. I'm 6'8" 245lbs and have played basketball most my life.

Your diet looks good to me. I would drop the 17-HD though and replace with AN's IGF-2 or USP Lab's PowerFULL. The creatine mono should work fine but you could try mixing it up with Gaspari's SIZEOn. I've responded well to this.

Also post your training regimen. I would focus on heavier weight COMPOUND exercises.