How Do You Ensure Maximum Absorption Of Macronutrients?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No matter how hard you workout, if your body does not get the required amount of macronutrients at the right time, muscle growth will suffer (assuming rest is not an issue). Furthermore, we know it is not necessarily what you consume that counts for muscle growth, rather how much of that your body absorbs.

So, how do you go about ensuring your body absorbs the optimum amount of nutrients?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No matter how hard you workout, if your body does not get the required amount of macronutrients at the right time, muscle growth will suffer (assuming rest is not an issue). Furthermore, we know it is not necessarily what you consume that counts for muscle growth, rather how much of that your body absorbs.

So, how do you go about ensuring your body absorbs the optimum amount of nutrients?
I usualy get digestive enzymes and maybe some Betain hcl.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well i replied to one of your posts now its this ones turn!!

To ensure optimum absorption of nutrients i take a couple of things. It starts with the foundation of poseidon, which helps the absorption of many things with nutrients included. I also take digestive enzymes to make sure that my food is getting properly digested. And also i use my AP to make sure that carbs are getting used effectively and not being wasted.

Also i make sure to chew all my food a lot and not just swallow it in chunks :D

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I don't think I absorb my foods completely. It doesn't keep me up at night wondering though. Really, it is the furtherlest thing from my mind. Also I can't spell.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
So, what are the OTC digestive enzymes encapsualted in to prevent inactivation by gastric juices?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also i make sure to chew all my food a lot and not just swallow it in chunks :D
Interesting! One certain former English Foreign/Prime Minister insisted the secret to his longevity (he lived beyond 80 years when average life expectancy was about 50 years!) was the fact that he always chewed food items at least 30 times before swallowing. Including eggs! Talk about micronized food particles! :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
There is something to that!

Interesting! One certain former English Foreign/Prime Minister insisted the secret to his longevity (he lived beyond 80 years when average life expectancy was about 50 years!) was the fact that he always chewed food items at least 30 times before swallowing. Including eggs! Talk about micronized food particles! :D
There definitely is something to that. Chewing your food slowly is definitely a smart thing as it helps your system breaks things down much easier. Beyond that it is also a very good idea to take in a lot of fiber...keeps you regular. Besides, an empty colon is a happy colon...:D. Now beyond that, certain things that help with absorption are probiotics (more in particular...digestive enzymes in general), betaine, glucomannan, cascara sagrada, papain (papaya enzymes), bromelain (especially useful for aiding in protein absorption and the breaking down of meat sources), ginger root, cayenne pepper...ok you get the idea. I could keep going, but jesus I feel like I am starting to write a book here and your beyond smart as it is...:). So without further ado...nuff said! :D

-Sean-

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i have a macronutrient absorbtion machine that tells me when im good to go :D

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
i have a macronutrient absorbtion machine that tells me when im good to go :D
^^^They work pretty good, I think they are on sale at sears too^^^

Your stool can definitely tell you a lot as well, do not to examine in to in depth, but color, texture, and girth all definitely give some clue to as what you digesting vs passing. I use Digestive enzymes really based on meal size and breakdown as well.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"There's corn in my poop" :)

I eat several to many smaller meals. I consume some water before and after my meals. I keep my fiber high. I don't worry about macronutrient absorption. It is what it is :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...Your stool can definitely tell you a lot as well, do not to examine in to in depth, but color, texture, and girth...
Wow! Reps! :D

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
lol girth ive had some deuces that tore my ass apart lol

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
lol, this thread has me a little worried...i hardly chew at all, i eat way too fast :(

rcaz01

Awards
I usualy get digestive enzymes and maybe some Betain hcl.
This is a great subject I haven't seen much of since the worste I have ever felt for a long period of time was due to my digestion being screwed up. I believe it was due to antibiotics but was never 100% sure. I do know I would have traded the illness I had before the antibiotics for the digestive problems if given the choice.

I take some digestive enzymes as well, most of which are in other supps I take such as greens, my protein, and my multi. I also have started adding fiber (Metamucil) it is cheap and easy to do and actually can help change up the flavors of my shakes I use the orange and the berry. The extra fiber seems to have been the most noticable change in my digestive health.

I have read that HCL can make a big difference as well but was not sure if it was mostly hype.

Do you see a noticable difference from taking the Betain HCL?

Is there a brand you prefer?

bromelain was also mentioned which I don't know much about. Is there any brand that anyone prefers?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you see a noticable difference from taking the Betain HCL?

Is there a brand you prefer?
Betain HCL does help. Never take it on an empty stomach. Always with food. In terms of brands, the compound should be the same everywhere. Buy any brand you are comfortable with.

bromelain was also mentioned which I don't know much about. Is there any brand that anyone prefers?
Bromelain is also a good one. Mostly part of a digestive-complex supplement. Again, get it from a brand you are comfortable with.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, this thread has me a little worried...i hardly chew at all, i eat way too fast :(
So, now's time to make chewing a hobby! :D