Melatonin?!

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Any1 Take Melatonin to sleep? I find that it helps me sleep great and wake up refreshed but little is known about it.. and i dont know if i want to continue taking it if it affects my hormones.

Any1 feel that it decreases their sex drive? Because i was reading the side effects and that could possibly be one them as well a whole bunch others.

Anything would help.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I take melatonin once in a while, maybe twice a month to help me sleep. I don't think there is enough information on it to run it straight. Have you built a tolerance up to it at all yet? and how long have you been taking it?

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Well I started at 1mg Then i was reading more up on it and there were articles stating 1-5mg for sleeping so i moved up to 3mg a night Took now trying out 6mg cuz they are the 3mg capsules take 2 before sleeping... I mean it keeps me calm... and helps me sleep like a baby and i wake up actually able to function which is great because before i would wake up goto school and just be falling asleep and to the point of so tired that i cant function cuz i constantly dose off...

The only thing i see wrong is if it affects my Hgh And LH then i really dont want to continue to using it. I mean HGH is great because ill grow lol But lowering my LH = Lowering my sex drive and at 22 I Dont want that problem lol.

And ive been on it like 6-7 months on and off mostly. I was off for like 3 weeks and it was like 3 weeks of hell with fatigue.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried sublingual pills, Those were the best for me, 3mg about 20minutes before sleep and I was out like a light. If you are worried about the LH, you should try stacking/replacing with USP Powerful or bulk 1-carbox from nutraplanet. Both will help you sleep, and would allow you to take some time off of the melatonin so you can keep your receptors and what not fresh.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty thnkx pimpn ill check it out. I was going to the try L-theanine in the replacement