Sleep aids questions for anyone who's used them

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.99%

Sleep aids questions for anyone who's used them

So I've been planning my cycle for quite some time, and my last cycle i didnt sleep very well so I've been trying to get a sleep aid. But there is so muc to choose from. There's the antihistamine OTC drug type, then there's the herbal type. Does anyone suggest one over the other? The only thing I worry about is compounding my sleep problem by becoming addicted to it physically (dependant, addicted, same thing whatever lol i'm tired). Any input would be great guys.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.97%

I take IBE X dream and there no addition thats possible. It really relaxes me and allows deeper sleep so i wake up and feel well rested.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Somnidren GH by Millennium Sport, no question.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.16%

Quote Originally Posted by Brian5225 View Post
    So I've been planning my cycle for quite some time, and my last cycle i didnt sleep very well so I've been trying to get a sleep aid. But there is so muc to choose from. There's the antihistamine OTC drug type, then there's the herbal type. Does anyone suggest one over the other? The only thing I worry about is compounding my sleep problem by becoming addicted to it physically (dependant, addicted, same thing whatever lol i'm tired). Any input would be great guys.
    I take the OTC drug that comes in antihistamine products. I have taken it off and on for a couple of years as needed, not because of cycling or anything. I have had no problem at all. In fact, they work quite well without leaving me dead in the morning.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.94%

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I got a sample of this stuff and it seemed to work great.
    As of right now i use melotonin if i just need a little help staying on schedual but a otc if i need to fall asleep earlier than normal seems how those knock me out.
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

x2 best i have tried so far
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.48%

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher View Post
    I take IBE X dream and there no addition thats possible. It really relaxes me and allows deeper sleep so i wake up and feel well rested.
    Do you develop a tolerance like phenibut?
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.48%

Didn't work for me, for some reason mucuna pruriens makes me feel tired and hyper at the same time... not a good feeling.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.23%

Quote Originally Posted by IvyLeaguePump View Post
    I take the OTC drug that comes in antihistamine products. I have taken it off and on for a couple of years as needed, not because of cycling or anything. I have had no problem at all. In fact, they work quite well without leaving me dead in the morning.
    I've taken the same otc drug, and have found it to be effective. Just don't overdo it, or you'll end up groggy the whole next day, wanting to do nothing but sleep. (i've found ~2-3 pills works perfectly for ME without side effects the next morning).

It's called sleep-aid by unisom (gel caps from what i can remember).

Active ingredient: Diphenhydramine HCl (50mg)
  10. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    Do you develop a tolerance like phenibut?
    I take the main ingredient in X-Dream almost every night and although you do build somewhat of a tolerance, it isn't so much that you no longer feel the effects. You are going to build a tolerance to most sleep supps but you want to gauge what you build tolerance to the least.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.68%

valerian and melatonin have a great synergistic effect for me.
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Didn't work for me, for some reason mucuna pruriens makes me feel tired and hyper at the same time... not a good feeling.
    With so many ingredients in Somnidren-GH, are you certain it was mucuna pruriens? Did you use the product within 30 minutes of bedtime, or earlier? And, did you take it on its own, on an empty stomach, or did you combine it with something else? Any idea how your cortisol levels are? I am just curious, as the feedback on Somnidren-GH has been consistently impressive. My personal favourites include IGF-2, Somnidren-GH, and PowerFULL. I usually add Relora and Ashwagandha to any of these when I really want to "melt away". Talk of deep, recuperative sleep with unprecedented recovery! I have also heard good things about Abyss, by the way.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.48%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    With so many ingredients in Somnidren-GH, are you certain it was mucuna pruriens? Did you use the product within 30 minutes of bedtime, or earlier? And, did you take it on its own, on an empty stomach, or did you combine it with something else? Any idea how your cortisol levels are? I am just curious, as the feedback on Somnidren-GH has been consistently impressive. My personal favourites include IGF-2, Somnidren-GH, and PowerFULL. I usually add Relora and Ashwagandha to any of these when I really want to "melt away". Talk of deep, recuperative sleep with unprecedented recovery! I have also heard good things about Abyss, by the way.
    I have tried powerfull and mucuna on it's own... same feeling. My cortisol is actually lower than it should be.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.5%

I think any sleep aid has the potential for dependancies. The herbal stuff never did me any good. If you're just planning on using them for cycle side effects, GABA and melatonin work pretty well for me. I keep the melatonin to 3 mgs, butthe GABA seems to work wo side effects. How much depends on the person. I've taken up to 12g w/o a problem.

After that is diphenhydramine, it's cheaper if bought as the antihistamine. More than 4 tabs makes me feel like **** the next day.
    Last edited by DBinMD; 03-23-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: correct melatonin 3 gms to melatonin 3 mgs
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.48%

Quote Originally Posted by DBinMD View Post
    the GABA seems to work wo side effects. How much depends on the person. I've taken up to 12g w/o a problem.
    Wow, maybe I'm not taking enough to feel it at 1-2g.
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%

If it's like 7 or 8 and I know I'm not gonna be tired enough that night to get to sleep I take a melatonin. Usually every third night or so I take it just to keep me on schedule even if I don't need it.

If I'm laying in bed and I can't sleep, I take a small sip of NyQuil or Benadryl to knock me out.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.16%

1 word - AMBIEN

Plus you get to do crazy sh!t that makes people laugh!
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.23%

After that is diphenhydramine, it's cheaper if bought as the antihistamine. More than 4 tabs makes me feel like **** the next day.
    that's ~ 2 grams if you took the sleep aid by unisom. I took ~ 6 grams the first time, figuring more was better. I was restless for the first 3 hours, then felt like sh1t for the next 2 days. Luckily I had no plans, but it SUCKED. I felt more lethargic the after taking that than I have with superdrol!!!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.24%

i would say ZMK. dont know if anyone has tried it but i heard good things on it..
  20. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.66%

I think any sleep aid has the potential for dependancies.
    Yeah, this is the point I was trying to make as well. As for chronic dependency, all of the supplements I have tried were easily to stop taking. I would think about taking them because the quality of sleep was so much better but it was nothing like Ambien or any sort of dependency like that. That stuff spells trouble.
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.16%

Quote Originally Posted by ecu19 View Post
    that's ~ 2 grams if you took the sleep aid by unisom. I took ~ 6 grams the first time, figuring more was better. I was restless for the first 3 hours, then felt like sh1t for the next 2 days. Luckily I had no plans, but it SUCKED. I felt more lethargic the after taking that than I have with superdrol!!!

I usually take 4 25mg pills of diphenhydramine and it knocks me out, and I feel fine the next day.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.24%

Melatonin is very good for sleep...It is non depended. It is homeopathic... which means there is no over dose you can take the whole bottle and wont "OD". It is a very great product. Usual dosage is 3 mg.. there sell even a 5mg and a 10 mg........ and you can find it at the normal vitamin shop
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.99%

Quote Originally Posted by IvyLeaguePump View Post
    I usually take 4 25mg pills of diphenhydramine and it knocks me out, and I feel fine the next day.
    Wow. I take 2 and I'm knocked out cold.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.16%

Wow. I take 2 and I'm knocked out cold.
    Well, I can do 2 and usually fall asleep fine, and I just recently bumped it up to 4. At the beginning, I would only take two, and I would think that is a good place to start. Ive been taking them occasionally for the past 2-3 years.

But when I take them, which isnt that often, I like to take 4 and get a slight buzz before passing out

Only taking two is definately a good place to start. I should have mentioned that.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.99%

Yeah hehe. I get quite loopy with 2 I couldn't imagine 4 lol
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75%

Quote Originally Posted by kjkriston View Post
    valerian and melatonin have a great synergistic effect for me.
    I second these two, Valerian will put anyone down. Melatonin 5mg is good for GH release too. Add Benadryl or Ketofin to that if you're using Beta-2 agonists (eg, Ephedrine, Albuterol) during the day.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.5%

Wow, maybe I'm not taking enough to feel it at 1-2g.
    yeah, 5-6gms is about the norm. One other nice thing is if I wake up and can't get back to sleep, I can take some and not feel groggy all morning.
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.69%

Try Sonata. It is RX, but it works really well and won't leave you groggy. Shouldn't be too hard to get an RX for that.
  29. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.37%

Quote Originally Posted by biggerthantex View Post
    Melatonin is very good for sleep...It is non depended. It is homeopathic... which means there is no over dose you can take the whole bottle and wont "OD". It is a very great product. Usual dosage is 3 mg.. there sell even a 5mg and a 10 mg........ and you can find it at the normal vitamin shop
    Please, no one take a whole bottle of melatonin.

Somnidren is great for me, as is NOW Nighttime Herbs and ZMT caps from Nutraplanet.
    "I am on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, 'cause if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." - Charlie Sheen
  30. Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.87%

Abyss will not cause dependency. Actually you can't use it every night. It is to help assist with more recuperative sleep. You will build up a tolerance to the phenibut if you use it everyday.
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.24%

I like melatonin for nights i gotta go to sleep a lil earlier.

Tylenol PM sucks cuz it unnaturally KO's you (which actually hurts your sleep cycle) plus acetominophin(sp?) is liver toxic.

Unisom worked great but ended up ******* up my sleep shedule terribly in the long run, plus i got sortof addictied to it where I couldnt sleep without it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PH's and sleep aids
    By Harry Manback in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 11:22 PM
  2. OTC Sleep aids
    By Stallion83 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 12:48 PM
  3. Sleep Aids.
    By Caesar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9