New and looking for some direction please

  1. New Member
    minman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    42
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    71.95%

    New and looking for some direction please


    I'm a newbie to the supplements world and weight training. I'm curious as to what supplements i should begin with. any help would greatly be appriecated thanks

    mike

  2. Advanced Member
    Dadof2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    416
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    49.25%

    Before you start worrying about supplements you need to get down a good training plan, and a good diet. Your priority needs to be to get these things down before you worry about supplements.

    Your diet will depend upon your body, and your goals (are you skinny and want muscle, fat and want to lose weight etc.)

    Your training is also somewhat dependant upon your goals while you are a newbie, what kind of training program are you going to follow?

    Once you have figured these things out, and got some feedback from some experienced trainers, then worry about supplements.

    This is the best advice that I can give you, because without good nutrition and training supplements are a waste of money.
  3. Advanced Member
    maynehood171's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    846
    Rep Power
    509
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    48.5%

    With that being said about nutrition and hard training...I did a Superdrol NG, Mass FX, and Tris stack and had decent results...where I started out at last year...
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    minman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    42
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    71.95%

    thanks for the advice. i was told for a local supplement shop that phera-mass was good. if so what should be used with it?

    mike
  5. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    6937
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by minman View Post
    thanks for the advice. i was told for a local supplement shop that phera-mass was good. if so what should be used with it?

    mike
    Stay away from that get a good routine and eating plan do that for about 3 years before even worrying about phera-mass somethings you could use now would be.

    multi vit

    whey protein

    creatine

    feel free to ask me any questions.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  6. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I swear, I'm not brown-nosing Neo.

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/train...n-s-where.html

    The long and short: Eat like a horse, train like a freak, sleep like a champion.

    Basic supps to include would be a multivitamin, fish oil, creatine(maybe), protien.

    The big thing is going to be your diet. It's one of those things that everybody says, but it's also true. Your diet is key. High protien, moderate-high carbs and a decent amount of unsaturated fats is usually a good place to start. Seriously take a look at the thread I've included, it's very comprehensive.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  7. New Member
    minman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    42
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    71.95%

    thanks guys ,you guys are great help.


    mike
  8. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39389
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    60.13%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Just curious -- but who told you that you should try phera-mass? Was it a friend or an employee at your local supp shop or what?
  9. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2363
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    47.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
    • Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

    • Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

    • Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

    • Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

    • Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

    • Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

    • Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

    ~ Exercises ~
    • Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

    • Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

    • Leg press

    • Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

    • Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.

    This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!


    Here's some links to get you started:

    Training Primer

    HIIT High Intensity Interval Cardio Training

    Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version

    Bodybuilding Nutrition - Sample Bodybuilding Diet

    The Training Information Vault (programs, exercises and more) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

    Anabolic Diet | Sample Bodybuilders Diet
  10. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    ~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
    • Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

    • Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

    • Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

    • Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

    • Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

    • Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

    • Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

    ~ Exercises ~
    • Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

    • Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

    • Leg press

    • Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

    • Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.

    This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!


    Here's some links to get you started:

    Training Primer

    HIIT High Intensity Interval Cardio Training

    Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version

    Bodybuilding Nutrition - Sample Bodybuilding Diet

    The Training Information Vault (programs, exercises and more) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

    Anabolic Diet | Sample Bodybuilders Diet
    I already posted your whole thread n00b, what more do you want?! lol <3
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  11. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2363
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    47.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I already posted your whole thread n00b, what more do you want?! lol <3
    Sorry just getting my spam quota in
  12. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    Sorry just getting my spam quota in
    x2
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  13. New Member
    minman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    42
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    71.95%

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Just curious -- but who told you that you should try phera-mass? Was it a friend or an employee at your local supp shop or what?

    employee at my local supp shop

    mike
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need some direction..
    By rageofscar in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 11:17 PM
  2. Need some direction PLS
    By USMCDOC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 01:01 AM
  3. Need direction.
    By punxweb in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 01:09 AM
  4. I need direction Please!
    By agforest in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 12:58 AM
  5. New to this... and I need some direction
    By Bite Me in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in