low carb diet and creatine

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
so I'm probably going to be doing a low carb diet soon but I'm worried about my creatine. Normally I take it with a scoop of waxy maize and some BCAA's PreWO, but I don't see this working since one scoop will put me over my carb limit. So to you low carb dieters, what do you do about creatine?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I mix it in Sugar free kool aid, with my beta alanine.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know.. That was basically my way of saying don't worry about it, and just drink it.

If you really feel you NEED, and benefit from the "insulin spike" in order to make the most of your creatine, then just do it.

What specific low carb principles are you following?

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
I know.. That was basically my way of saying don't worry about it, and just drink it.

If you really feel you NEED, and benefit from the "insulin spike" in order to make the most of your creatine, then just do it.

What specific low carb principles are you following?
i'm probably going to give the anabolic diet a try once my current cycle is over. I probably won't even need to supplement creatine with all the red meat in the diet, but was just looking for opinions on the matter.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Insulin isn't a 'requirement" for creatine to be utilized by the body but it is a plus. Personally I am just going to load monohydrate on my carb up day.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Insulin isn't a 'requirement" for creatine to be utilized by the body but it is a plus. Personally I am just going to load monohydrate on my carb up day.
ya, thats actually a really good idea.

If we could get Nutra to carry Metbolic Diet supplements he has a creatine with lower carbs....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/80336-metabolic-diet-supplements.html
ya, but those supplements are hella expensive for what you are getting. I don't even think sam could make them affordable.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ya, thats actually a really good idea.

ya, but those supplements are hella expensive for what you are getting. I don't even think sam could make them affordable.

If anyone can, Sam can!. They are expensive yes, but they work. All of them I have heard good things....