Reset AD alternatives

jrm

jrm

Awards
Is anyone aware of any alternatives to Reset AD? Looking for something that makes the same claims. I'm not trying to stir the pot...I am a fan of PAL.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do you want an alternative? Is there an ingredient/s in it that you dont want?

jrm

jrm

Awards
Just maybe something else to try. I can't really saw I saw much of a benefit, at least not compared to what everyone else was saying. I've tried 2/day, 3/day, and 4/day.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just maybe something else to try. I can't really saw I saw much of a benefit, at least not compared to what everyone else was saying. I've tried 2/day, 3/day, and 4/day.
hmm..? Have you used a lot of stimulants? How long did you take 2/day for? 3/day for? and 4/day for?

jrm

jrm

Awards
I would not say a lot. I am a big boy so I have a high tolerance to everything. I've done each for a bottle. I've been off it for a while and might try it again. I'm not sure how much was placebo and how much was the product.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was your reasoning for taking Reset? Were you fatiqued? If not, maybe your adrenals were already good and the reset was just getting rid of some stress. Hopefully, Dave catches this thread and he can put in his input.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are alternatives to everything, but for the ingredients in Reset AD at that prices, so-called alternatives would hardly be economically justifiable. Yet, it might help to add an adaptogenic complex to Reset AD. This optimizes the effects of Reset AD. By an adaptogenic complex, I mean a combination of Ginseng (Oriental or panax ginseng; American or panax quinquefolium; and Siberian or eleutherococcus senticocus), Ashwagandha, Shisandra, Shilajit (Fulvic Acid), and Rhodiola Rosea. Reset AD already contains shisandra, but you might want to take some more. Adatogens by their nature are harmless, protective, recovery-boosting compounds that generally assist the body to adapt to stress while enhancing its performance.

jrm

jrm

Awards
I took it because of fatigue. I've spoken with Dave before, I just thought it would be weird to go to him for something like this.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not weird at all. Its what he does best

krazy

Awards
AOR Ortho Core is similar yet different to Reset AD. Doesnt have that small bit of prohormones in it (although that small bit is very beneficial in theory).

After researching my ass off about adrenal fatigue treatment, Ive come to this conclusion for a daily cocktail:
Reset AD (might not be good if you dont want pregnolone in your diet... switch to AOR Ortho Core, if so)
Cytozyme AD (bovine adrenal complex)
Quantum Adrenal Complex (adaptogen complex that reportedly isnt sedating like many can be)
Vitamin C 1000mg Time Released x5-6/day
Vitamin B out the arse
Carlsons Fish Oil caps x3/day

Itll run ya about $90/mo but my doctor was sellin me some bullshit compound that was the same price and had much much MUCH less in it (and shitty sources for those vitmains and minerals, too).

jsp0882

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took it because of fatigue. I've spoken with Dave before, I just thought it would be weird to go to him for something like this.
maybe try some benadryl? i've always read that its good to take that while on stims such as ephedrine, albuterol, or clen. not sure if you're on anything like that but that would keep the product working longer.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are alternatives to everything, but for the ingredients in Reset AD at that prices, so-called alternatives would hardly be economically justifiable. Yet, it might help to add an adaptogenic complex to Reset AD. This optimizes the effects of Reset AD. By an adaptogenic complex, I mean a combination of Ginseng (Oriental or panax ginseng; American or panax quinquefolium; and Siberian or eleutherococcus senticocus), Ashwagandha, Shisandra, Shilajit (Fulvic Acid), and Rhodiola Rosea. Reset AD already contains shisandra, but you might want to take some more. Adatogens by their nature are harmless, protective, recovery-boosting compounds that generally assist the body to adapt to stress while enhancing its performance.
Good Post, Agreed.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
hmmm, looks like I'm gonna hunt down some close to date ginseng in my store this weekend. pick some up cheap :)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the oracle has spoken

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
This is pretty solid ... sums up what I might suggest..without me typing it all out! :toofunny:

Ok so here we go... its definitely not weird to come to me for this... I have done hundreds of hours of research on the adrenal system and adrenal fatigue and fatigue in general... so why i definitely dont know it all.. ill see what I can do to help

Lets look at fatigue... it can be caused from everything from uneven sleep schedule to insufficient calories to salt defficiency. Adrenal Fatigue is a prevalent issue, which some estimates that 80% of americans have suffered from it at some time in their lives. Supplements like Reset AD and adaptogenic herbs are great for assisting adrenal function, but to cure fatigue, you have to address it at the root of its problem.

One of the most common side effects of fatigue is depression. Im not saying that you will be clinically depressed.. but when most people are tired, they will skip meals, or skip healthy meals for fast foods. Its easy to make exceptions to try to cope with your fatigue.

Lets say you aren't sleeping enough, or maybe eating under your maintenance calories... these are issues that any amount of Reset AD would be unable to address.

And then there's stress... when I was finishing up my undergrad.. I had the summer of hell... an insane class schedule plus working full time, plus personal issues (ie broke up long relationship). I was still sleeping 5-7 hours a night.. but my quality of sleep was horrible. I would wake up a few times in the night, or my mind would be just so stressed that no amount of sleep could relieve me. Once the semester came to a halt.. things got better because I got that huge boulder off my shoulders.

Also, you quote
jrm I would not say a lot. I am a big boy so I have a high tolerance to everything. I've done each for a bottle. I've been off it for a while and might try it again. I'm not sure how much was placebo and how much was the product.
Size is not typically a factor for tolerance. It is for some chemicals, but Im hoping that you dont subscribe to this "i need more of everything because im big" for everything.

To adequately understand your issues with fatigue.. I would definitely need more information about your lifestyle. I remember talking to you on several occasions in the past... but I dont remember exactly what your situation was.

Please also remember that Reset AD, as well as any other adaptogenic herb, are just tools... they cannot solve fatigue issues. You have to do that. But once you solve the source of your fatigue.. they will help you to recover faster.

How many hours do you sleep per night?
Whats your diet like?
Hows your home stress, work stress?
Is there anything that is constantly nagging you or bother you daily?

Feel free to keep these answers to yourself, post them, or pm them to me if you would like further input!

Good luck man!