too much creatine=diarreah??

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
i take this stack that has 3 grams of creatine gluconate, 3 grams of citrulline malate, and 3 of arginine ethyl ester. i took this today preworkout about 30 minutes before, then 30 minutes after i took the same dose of 3/3/3. i also drank a protein shake around the same time of the creatine serving. could this be my culprate or is it just something i ate.? i have had diarreah for the past 30 minutes now on and off. i did this this morning. thanks forsuggestions!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep, it's the creatine. Make sure it's dissolved completely before drinking it and if the problem continues, try drinking it with a meal.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
yeah i didnt eat anything but a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich which was like an hour before i actually drank the creatine. this was at 9 in the morning. is there a better way to dissolve the creatine? i mean when i shake it up a lot in some cold apple juice i still see some sediment on the bottom when im done. in chemistry you have to heat the solvent up to make the solute dissolve more but im not sure if thats good in the case of creatine..

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
yeah i didnt eat anything but a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich which was like an hour before i actually drank the creatine. this was at 9 in the morning. is there a better way to dissolve the creatine? i mean when i shake it up a lot in some cold apple juice i still see some sediment on the bottom when im done. in chemistry you have to heat the solvent up to make the solute dissolve more but im not sure if thats good in the case of creatine..

have you ever tried mixing up in the blender with your shake?? just an idea, thats what i do and i dont notice any bad symptoms after.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
well i use a shaker cup and i just pour my apple juice in, put the servings in the apple juice and shake the drink until it seems mixed enough. thats all i do though. is that my problem? not mixed enough can cause diarreah? also should i take the creatine with my 100% whey protein shake? or its not good to do that?

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
that should be fine in some cases too much creatine can cause creatine maybe minimize your amount of creatine intake..

JJC

Awards
  • Established
If this is your first time taking creatine then that is probably the culprit. Once your body gets used to it (this may take a few weeks or months) it should go away for the most part and you should only experience gas.

You could either decrease the amount of creatine you're taking or just tough it out.

Just remember: hold in any gas that you might feel. It might not just be gas.

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
If this is your first time taking creatine then that is probably the culprit. Once your body gets used to it (this may take a few weeks or months) it should go away for the most part and you should only experience gas.

You could either decrease the amount of creatine you're taking or just tough it out.

Just remember: hold in any gas that you might feel. It might not just be gas.[/
QUOTE]

yep or smell good! going to the gym after creatine isn't a good idea, I switched to taking it after and might just take it right before bed. once you've loaded yourself your just topping off the tank anyways when you have your daily dose

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
yeah i only take creatine before. i like the energy. the gas has been pretty dam bad. is there a way to get it under control or like should it go away after a while?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
too much anything could resolve in the Hersey's

GotRam01

GotRam01

Awards
well i use a shaker cup and i just pour my apple juice in, put the servings in the apple juice and shake the drink until it seems mixed enough. thats all i do though. is that my problem? not mixed enough can cause diarreah? also should i take the creatine with my 100% whey protein shake? or its not good to do that?
put the creatine in a little bit of water and nuke it in the microwave to get it to dissolve thats what i have been doing with taking my pslin