Horsepower by Ultimate Nutrition

1. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Horsepower by Ultimate Nutrition

Has anyone actually tried this? I started using it... yeah.. it works but the taste it terrible. I use to think V-12 Turbo was bad but this is like 3x's as bad. The more sh*t they put into a product the worse it tastes. I can't complain really because it does work in the gym but damn it's a workout in it's own just to drink the damn thing.

Is there a capsule form of something like V-12 turbo or Horsepower?? Instead of drinking it it's capsule form? I'm sure there is....

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

First off, Nice Avi.

Second, I have tried the horsepower before and it seems to be on par with the other preworkout supps, but the taste is definitely not great. The only pills preworkout that I ever really found effective were Diesel R4W and applied Nutriceuticals RPM. Alot of other products in capsule form never really seemed on par with there liquid counterpart. I say just man up and shoot it back quickly.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

I tried V-12 turbo awhile back by SAN. The orange tasted like Tang and was pretty good. I enjoyed it overall, however it had 'glycocyamine' in it so I never bought it again.
    •   

4. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    First off, Nice Avi.

Second, I have tried the horsepower before and it seems to be on par with the other preworkout supps, but the taste is definitely not great. The only pills preworkout that I ever really found effective were Diesel R4W and applied Nutriceuticals RPM. Alot of other products in capsule form never really seemed on par with there liquid counterpart. I say just man up and shoot it back quickly.
    Ya that's what I figured, liquid is far more effective. Yeah I guess I'll just down it like a man. I'm doing this to get ready for my cycle in may so thought I might as well try a few creatine products and use the best one as part of PCT. Do you take it twice a day? I was thinking of splitting one scoop into two, one before and one after workout or will it just lose it's effectiveness? It recommends two servings on workout days. Man that's brutal...
  5. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I tried V-12 turbo awhile back by SAN. The orange tasted like Tang and was pretty good. I enjoyed it overall, however it had 'glycocyamine' in it so I never bought it again.
    Ya the lemon was actually good, the grape tasted like sh&t. V-12 was very effective but I have to say horse power is a little better in a sense that I can endure more in the gym even if it hurts and the bloat isn't that bad. Love the methyls for the reason you just down the pill and it works. :clean:
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

Actually I am using a similar product and I have been doing one scoop in the morning about 1 hour after breakfast and 1 scoop pre workout. Its been alright, the main reason I do the twice daily dosing is because of the Beta Alanine. So if you want to double up i think that is pretty effective manner of doing so.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  7. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Actually I am using a similar product and I have been doing one scoop in the morning about 1 hour after breakfast and 1 scoop pre workout. Its been alright, the main reason I do the twice daily dosing is because of the Beta Alanine. So if you want to double up i think that is pretty effective manner of doing so.
    Alright, I'll try the double scoop and see how I react to it. What are you using? SizeOn or something?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

NitroShock by Shocker Nutrition
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  9. Registered User

Scivation VasoCharge/Primaforce primal N02 is the best pre-workout mix. For an insane workout stack that with Axis Labs Hemodraulix and you are GOOD TO GO!! You can pick up primal N02 right now for under $20. Its a steal and no other product in that category can touch it.
  10. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Scivation VasoCharge/Primaforce primal N02 is the best pre-workout mix. For an insane workout stack that with Axis Labs Hemodraulix and you are GOOD TO GO!! You can pick up primal N02 right now for under $20. Its a steal and no other product in that category can touch it.
    Interesting... will check it out!
  11. Registered User

MST Ragnorak....my fav by far
  12. Registered User

Some good suggestions in here...ill second those who said vasocharge and Rag...both quality supps in my opinion
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  13. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

And how are the tastes like with these other products? The thing with horsepower, it tastes like dish washer fluid/lemon or some type of nasty car engine fluid... no I don't know how they taste like but they smell like it.
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty View Post
    And how are the tastes like with these other products? The thing with horsepower, it tastes like dish washer fluid/lemon or some type of nasty car engine fluid... no I don't know how they taste like but they smell like it.
    RAgnorak is the best tasting supp ive tried...hands down.....crushing punch is amazing, and apparently the blue raz is even better
  15. Registered User

The Rag is amazing...best tasting supp i ever used(warrior melon) every flavor seems to get good reviews on it

While i am not a lemonade supp flavor fan...vasocharge does a great job flavoring wise. They also have a berry flavor i believe.

You can probably get samples from both companies if you ask them as they are both stand up companies run by stand up guys
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  16. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Alright cool thanks for the opinions guys... I'm not a ***** and will down anything but after eating bagels and cottage cheese, then downing flax oil straight, then a whey shake, downing horsepower really made it boarder line if you know what I mean. The taste kept coming back up like bile does during my workout...
  17. Registered User

horsepower is honestly my favourite pre workout supplement, i dont even mind the taste that much, i must be crazy
  18. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lector606 View Post
    horsepower is honestly my favourite pre workout supplement, i dont even mind the taste that much, i must be crazy
    I've actually gotten use to the taste now. I added more watter so it's not that strong. What bf % are you at in your pic? I'm almost done bulking, Currently at 198lbs and can't wait to cut for the summer back to 180. Going to try for 8-9%
  19. Registered User

I've actually gotten use to the taste now. I added more watter so it's not that strong. What bf % are you at in your pic? I'm almost done bulking, Currently at 198lbs and can't wait to cut for the summer back to 180. Going to try for 8-9%
    I think I'm around 9% but I never know. I just don't want to underestimate like most guys I know who are "5% bodyfat" (skinny guys with 12% who can faintly see their abs) so I might be overestimating. 8 maybe?
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

for all the people that have used Horsepower can you tell me what flavors you used? Im thinkin of picking this up or Ragnorok.
  21. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    for all the people that have used Horsepower can you tell me what flavors you used? Im thinkin of picking this up or Ragnorok.
    Get Ragnorok, trust me...
  22. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

what flavor do you got?
  23. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    what flavor do you got?
    I chose watermelon, **** tasted bad and trust me I can down anything straight but that was hell. Actually if you choose a different flavor let me know how it tastes? The stuff works, awesome creatine but the taste killed it. I would almost gag every time I downed it.
  24. Registered User

Ragnarok!

I honestly liked the taste of Horsepower lemon/lime
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 07-29-2008 at 04:49 AM.
  25. Registered User

Honestly, NO-Shotgun isn't all that bad either. Since they recently reformulated, you can get tha old formula at decent price if you look around.
  26. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Lemon/Lime tend to always be really sweet but I might try and get a sample of that because I liked the effects, not the taste.

As for NO-Shotgun, I heard the taste is bad too? How did you find it overall?
  27. Registered User

I've been a SAN V-12 fan for some time now. I like that it has no caffeine, has Taurine, Betaine, etc.

So when I saw that Horsepower was a similar supplement but had three forms of cratine including Kre-Alkalyn, instead of just tri-creatine malate like V12, I went for it.

Well I tried it for the first time today...and I got that friggin itchy, prickly feeling you'd get if you went wild with Niacin. Didn't like that. I'll stick with it a while and see ho wit goes, but I wasn't too impressed first time out.

BTW, it tasted like crap. V12 orange? I could drink that anytime, love the taste.
  28. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by matheje View Post
    I've been a SAN V-12 fan for some time now. I like that it has no caffeine, has Taurine, Betaine, etc.

So when I saw that Horsepower was a similar supplement but had three forms of cratine including Kre-Alkalyn, instead of just tri-creatine malate like V12, I went for it.

Well I tried it for the first time today...and I got that friggin itchy, prickly feeling you'd get if you went wild with Niacin. Didn't like that. I'll stick with it a while and see ho wit goes, but I wasn't too impressed first time out.

BTW, it tasted like crap. V12 orange? I could drink that anytime, love the taste.
    the beta alanine is what gives you skin tingles... it is one of the only supplements i've actually noticed an improvement from.
  29. Registered User

the beta alanine is what gives you skin tingles... it is one of the only supplements i've actually noticed an improvement from.
    V12 was very good for me so maybe HP will be too. I just read a bot on this glycocyamine they put in it and there seems to be a lot of negativity toward it.

I wonder if there is anything like V12 or Horse that excludes the gly.
  30. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by matheje View Post
    V12 was very good for me so maybe HP will be too. I just read a bot on this glycocyamine they put in it and there seems to be a lot of negativity toward it.

I wonder if there is anything like V12 or Horse that excludes the gly.
    Yeah its inclusion is sketchy at best. It's in so many products but there doesn't seem to be much of an argument that it's worth putting in our bodies.
  31. Registered User

Yeah its inclusion is sketchy at best. It's in so many products but there doesn't seem to be much of an argument that it's worth putting in our bodies.
    I know a lot of guys who use NO Xplode as their primary pre-workout supplement. I've mentioned V12 and Horsepower to them and they're like "never heard of it." These are guys who love the stimulant effect of the NO products they're using.

One guy I work with drinks three Redlines before working out at 5:30 a.m. and also does a scoop of No Xplode before workout. That's like 8 cups of coffee...to me that's 10x worse than the glyc that's in V12 or Horsepower.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ultimate Nutrition's IsoMass..anyone used?
    By nevrquit in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
  2. Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice............
    By suresha in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 07:12 PM
  3. For Sale: HorsePower by Ultimate Nutrition (Muscle Builders)
    By AlexParty in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 09:51 AM
  4. ultimate nutrition????
    By wojo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 04:12 PM