ATW Sample Reviews - AnabolicMinds.com

ATW Sample Reviews

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

ATW Sample Reviews

Well like many of us on here I recently had the pleasure of trying out some of All the Wheys samples. Thanks to Marcus I got the 5 flavors I was dieing to try out and wanted to throw some personal feedback on them. I wont be able to give them all a review today but will finish each one as I try them.

**Note all samples were 1 serving size mixed with exactly 1 cup of skim milk.

ATW Cinnamon Bun Isolate
    Well I have to say this was the one I was dieing to try out. I've never really experimneted with flavors outside of the normal Chocolate, Vanilla, and Chocolate Mint.
    Mixability: 10/10. Put the powder in the cup, added the milk, and mixed with a knife. Seriously it mixed up perfectly within 5 seconds with absolutely no clumping what so ever. Personally I don't really care if a powder clumps up because I like eating them like candy, but for those of you who like they pure, easy drinkability of well mixed protein powders this is second to none.
    Consistency: 10/10. Imagine a less thick milkshake that retains its creaminess. Went down so smoothly.
    Taste/Aftertaste: 9.5/10 Going into this sample I had ultra high expectations. Cinnamon Buns are easily one of the top foods that people who respect their diets will not go near no matter what time of year it is. Overall I was very pleased with the initial taste as well as the aftertaste (which is huge because a lot of protein on the market today has a chemically/displeasing aftertaste.) Right off the bat rather than a pure cinnamon bun flavor I felt a more pronounced Graham Cracker taste. within a second through a wave of sweetness rushed over it and the cinnamon bun was clearly there. I found the powder to have a very rich/sweet taste. I'm not a huge fan of overly sweet protein which is why this flavor received a 9 and not a 10 but I would certainly purchase some in the future.

Chocolate
    Mixability: 10/10. Same as above.
    Consistency: 10/10. Again same as above.
    Taste: 8.5/10. For those of you who reminisce about the days when you use to drink chocolate milk without the thought of calorie content and so on this is a must try. The creaminess of this flavor surpasses that of Cinnamon Bun. Initially I found the taste to be a slightly sweeter version of a chocolate fat free sugar free instant pudding, however a wave of sweetness rushed over my mouth like an old chocolate milk. However myself again not being a huge fan of overly sweet proteins found it to be a bit much. Again like stated above I would certainly order this flavor again despite the sweetness level. Also for comparison sake for those that have had it I found this to be second only to Ergopharm's GF Pro chocolate.

Chocolate Mint:
    Taste/Aftertaste:8/10. I am a little bit confounded on this one. It definitely tastes like Chocolate Mint (actually a very heavy mint taste) with only a slight chemical aftertaste (really minor but somewhat present.) What I find odd is I can't tell if I truly like it or what (I know that sounds stupid but I really don't.) It tasted fine and I would have no problem drinking it everyday but I think I just feel the other flavors are superior.

Vanilla:
    Taste: 9.5/10. I was honestly surprised with this flavor. I have never been a fan of vanilla protein because I have never tasted one that nailed the flavor but this honestly blew me away. Imagine either melted vanilla ice cream that is slightly less sweet (which I found to be an awesome attribute) or a less thick vanilla milk shake in taste (again a little less sweet but I love that.) I can easily say this is right on par with cinnamon bun just for the fact that vanilla is rarely quality and the taste was awesome. Highly recommend this flavor.

Strawberry: TBA

Cinnamon Bun BLEND: TBA
    Last edited by OCCFan023; 03-19-2008 at 02:07 PM.

2. Advanced Member

I am also reviewing some ATW samples. I have to agree with you 100% on the Cinnamon Bun and Chocolate. The cinnamon bun is one of the best flavors I have tasted. I just tried the chocolate today and you nailed the taste perfectly. I described it as tasting like Nestle Quick. very good stuff.

PS.
    I really wasn't a big fan of the chocolate mint. I think I had too high of expectations for it.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Yea I was a little confused by Chocolate Mint. I don't know why it tasted fine but I can't put my finger on why it didn't live up to my expectations.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Yea I was a little confused by Chocolate Mint. I don't know why it tasted fine but I can't put my finger on why it didn't live up to my expectations.
    The mint flavoring tasted fake and not natural. The Cinnamon bun is the sheeeit though!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Guys I couldnt agree more about the CB and the Chocolate. The Chocolate Mint flavoring is 100% natural.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jabb's APS Sample Reviews
    By Jabb in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
  2. Sample Reviews
    By John Smeton in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
  3. A few quick sample reviews
    By m4gnum in forum Supplement Logs