Questions on taking Creatine Mono

walugi

walugi

Awards
Hey guys, first post :)

I've been reading the logs and reviews mainly for a long time as well as bodybuilding articles at other bodybuilding sites but I've been having problems finding out basic knowledge about how to take mono.

I've got the NP Bulk mono (is it meant to come with a spoon/measuring device?) and I've figured out that it's best in warm water to increase absorption and lessen my chances of stomach problems.

However, I don't really have access to a microwave or kettle. :-(

Is it okay if I take it with my Purple Wraath pre workout? (No fast carbs though)

Or should I take it post workout with my protein powder? (Also no fast carbs)

The difference is that with the Wraath I use a lot less water. Would that make much of a difference?

Other info:
I take RPM or New Power Jolt pre workout. I sometimes dissolve 2 caps of RPM in water 15 minutes before. It tastes like **** unfortunately, but gives a noticeable boost in energy and focus I find.

Previous i've taken a test booster and felt that it helped me recover quicker and get less DOMS. I've got 2 bottles of ADXL though which I might start taking in a month's time.

Sorry this post is a bit all over the place, but thanks for any help :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry i can not adress all this too in depth...but you creatine is fine to be taken with the PW or your protein. I usually take 2.5 grams pre and post but thats just something i like to do :) 5 grams pre or 5 grams post is fine and should not make a difference

walugi

walugi

Awards
I think I will be taking 5g at first either pre or post depending on if I take it with PW or Protein. See if I bloat or anything then maybe upping my dosage.

What about fast carbs though?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
some people take fast carbs to help with the transport of creatine, but i do not usually use fast carbs.

walugi

walugi

Awards
Oh I see, I thought it was a must have. I guess I could pack a peanut butter sandwich or some whole meal crackers or something.

Is taking it an hour before you workout too early? Is there any optimal time for mono intake?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would,and do,take it afterwards.Thats when your muscles are starving and trying to refuel.Also why i take it first thing in the morning on non wo days.Insulin helps with the transport of creatine,so carbs and or sugar are good for post wo shake.The carbs are also good to help refuel muscles with glycogen.Insulin is one of the three drugs pro bb's use,so i would take advantage of a natural insulin spike after wo's.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I take 5g creatine mono pre workout and post workout with some Welch's grape juice. You can probably lower the dose, but I feel I've found a comfort zone. The Vitamin C helps with vascularity, while coupled with some AAKG tabs and sugar & carbs in the Grape juice for creatine transport, I love how well my pre-workout goes. Looking to throw some Xtend in, though. But, I digress- I don't see any apparent problem with taking the Wraath pre workout, though.

+ I agree with Pantera.

walugi

walugi

Awards
I would,and do,take it afterwards.Thats when your muscles are starving and trying to refuel.
But wouldn't your muscles be starving from the moment soon after you do your first exercise/set?

How much liquid do you guys usually take it with? I think i'll take it with my pp, and I usually use 80% of the blender capacity.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the timing on creatine is not really important imho. just saturating the muscle with it is what you are trying to achieve. with that said pre or post workout may prove to have enhanced uptake as well

but i do agree with above i think if you are looking for the most OPTIMAL dosing then post with some carbs would be ideal

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
How much liquid do you guys usually take it with? I think i'll take it with my pp, and I usually use 80% of the blender capacity.
You want to be getting as much water as you comfortably can while taking creatine. so, the more liquid you use at the time, the better really.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I take CM with about 8 oz. of water/grape juice.

walugi

walugi

Awards
Cool. So to sum up the thread for any future searchers

1. Creatine can be taken pre and/or post with a much water as comfortably possible.

2. Having fast carbs with it would be optimal. (ie Juice)

3. Dosage can range from 2.5/2.5 to 5.0/5.0 depending on the person and their workout habits.

4. No one knows if the NP Bulk Mono was meant to come with a scoop :p

Thanks everyone :)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry man.Bulk powders don't usually come with a scoop,They usually say 1 tspn or what ever.I mix my creatine mono with a weight gainer shake,I forgot to mention that part.Buy some measuring spoons,and you can "shove and wiggle" it into the powder when it's full.