Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tryptophan article by James South

I'll be using it for sleep. I have found out some things

It was a simple study

When it is taken during the day serotonin is released.

When it is taking at night Serotonin wasn't released; however something about melatonin. Its on this article.

Also this is more of a Yin supplement which calms etc-(taurine is as well)

Some Yang supplements are the ones that increase aggression-partically norepherine, dopamine

Vegking

Awards
The author in the article you linked says to take it at night however, you mention that it should be taken during the day? Which is the right way? Plus, since it competes with other amino acids, wouldn't it make sense to take it on an empty stomach?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Tryptophan is what makes men sleepy after orgasm btw.

Vegking

Awards
Hah! Thanks, now I have more ammo to use for the wife. "come on honey, you know I don't sleep well, help me out". Hey, got keep trying.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
tryptophan didnt worked for me, not even at high dose. i didnt got nothing from it.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Worked well for me. I've read somewhere it is found in turkey, and this is why you sleep so well after that thanksgiving meal.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The author in the article you linked says to take it at night however, you mention that it should be taken during the day? Which is the right way? Plus, since it competes with other amino acids, wouldn't it make sense to take it on an empty stomach?
take it at night for sleep(minimal or no seratonin release)

Take it during the day hour hour before meals 2-3 x's daily for seratonin release

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tryptophan didnt worked for me, not even at high dose. i didnt got nothing from it.
this is debatable. many people say that the seratonin absorps better which vit b6(which I bought to use in conjunction with Tryptophan) Fact is though it is important to take Tryptophan either alone or with carbs because other amino acid's compete with it(if you really want the effects)

did you take tryptophan with any other proteins?

getting more advanced did you take it with b-6?

If you donn't have high enough b-6 levels than it doesnt work. I know I have high enough b-6 levels with my multis and healthy eating; however, I have NOT seen any research that says b-6 works better; although I'll still be taking it with b-6 because you can't go wrong and it may asorb better. Does this make sense?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Worked well for me. I've read somewhere it is found in turkey, and this is why you sleep so well after that thanksgiving meal.

actually the same amount of tryptophan is found in most beef,and chicken(most poutry). most people get sleepy after the Thanksgiving dinner, or any big dinner for that matter, because when you eat a lot of good tasting foods, seratonin is released. That is why fat people binge eat because it feels so good from the seratonin being released.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
this is debatable. many people say that the seratonin absorps better which vit b6(which I bought to use in conjunction with Tryptophan) Fact is though it is important to take Tryptophan either alone or with carbs because other amino acid's compete with it(if you really want the effects)

did you take tryptophan with any other proteins?

getting more advanced did you take it with b-6?

If you donn't have high enough b-6 levels than it doesnt work. I know I have high enough b-6 levels with my multis and healthy eating; however, I have NOT seen any research that says b-6 works better; although I'll still be taking it with b-6 because you can't go wrong and it may asorb better. Does this make sense?

most sleep aids are taken on empty stomach, so i didnt took them with food i read about the b6 thing and added some to help with absortion and nothing

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
most sleep aids are taken on empty stomach, so i didnt took them with food i read about the b6 thing and added some to help with absortion and nothing
Interesting your the first one that I know of that it didn't work for.

Could it have been none pharmaceutical? aka pure

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Interesting your the first one that I know of that it didn't work for.

Could it have been none pharmaceutical? aka pure
i have tried several brands, the last one were the Nutraplanet bulk caps and nothing, what has worked for me is 1-carboxy to get some sleep 3.4gr help me sleep

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tryptophan makes me sleep very deeply and I feel so refreshed. and the best part I don't wake up when my house sharer's get up at 5:00 in the morning getting ready for work.

This goes into body chemistry. Everyone's body has different levels (in this particular -seratonin) and different stuff effects different people in different ways. I like the fact that it is the only natural amino acid that effects seratonin levels. (esp when taking in the day an hour before meals)

Vegking

Awards
The article linked above said something to the effect that higher doses will not work, best to only use 500mg to 1.5 grams per day.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
Zombie used a double negative, so that means tryptophan did work for him and he is trying to horde it all for himself!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
got legit studies? cause Ive heard a million things about b6. google the "b6 bomber" a bunch of negative things on b6 that have not been proven.

Ive heard a lot of things . I don't believe them unless I see legit studies , like on legit websites like pubmed.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
Bulk 5-HTP has worked better and has been economical for me. L-Tryptophan didn't seem to do much for me even at 4g, and yes I played with the dosage quite a bit.