Partially Torn Pectoral Muscle

  1. New Member
    LoPips20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    121
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    34.36%

    Partially Torn Pectoral Muscle


    Hey guys I was wondering if there was anything I can do extra to help speed the recovery time of my Injury. About 2 months ago I found out i partially tore my pectoral major at the bicep base. However, I didnt realize right away and kept lifting. I suffered barely any/no noticable size and strength decreases and it has not gotten worse. Now after talking to the trainers at school they proposed atleast 2 weeks of rest with stim and ultrasound with ice everyday. Anything else to help out?

  2. New Member
    FrankJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    310
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    8.22%

    Warming up and stretching before and after working out from here on out.

    And maybe some Cissus.
  3. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32271
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankJ View Post
    Warming up and stretching before and after working out from here on out.

    And maybe some Cissus.
    cissus doesnt heal a torn pec bro. :P
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,065
    Rep Power
    45139
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    72.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by LoPips20 View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering if there was anything I can do extra to help speed the recovery time of my Injury. About 2 months ago I found out i partially tore my pectoral major at the bicep base. However, I didnt realize right away and kept lifting. I suffered barely any/no noticable size and strength decreases and it has not gotten worse. Now after talking to the trainers at school they proposed atleast 2 weeks of rest with stim and ultrasound with ice everyday. Anything else to help out?

    No. i would listen to your trainers, and make sure before you you take it easy the first couple of workouts.
  5. New Member
    FrankJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    310
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    8.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    cissus doesnt heal a torn pec bro. :P
    It could definitely speed recovery according to the literature on it.
  6. goslamacamel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%

    Cissus can reduce the inflammation and help recover faster. If any muscle/tendon/joint ever hurts I just start taking a bunch of cissus for a day or two and it's usually gone.
  7. New Member
    LoPips20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    121
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    34.36%

    Yea, im not going to do any chest excersises until the soreness is gone in it. It kinda sucks too because we have spring testing in a few weeks for football but I rather get this healed up and not have it tear completely. Thanks for the info on cissus.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1501
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by goslamacamel View Post
    Cissus can reduce the inflammation and help recover faster. If any muscle/tendon/joint ever hurts I just start taking a bunch of cissus for a day or two and it's usually gone.
    REST!!! Listen to your trainer and let them coach you through it. Take extra caution from now on bro and best of luck to you.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What does a torn muscle feel like?
    By nidhogg in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM
  2. torn pectoral major
    By mattyg42099 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 01:20 PM
  3. Torn or pulled pectoral muscle?
    By MrTexas1982 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 09:44 AM
  4. Cissus for a torn muscle?
    By Cordeen in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 09:02 PM
  5. Cardio with partially torn achilles need help please
    By jcam222 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in