Partially Torn Pectoral Muscle

LoPips20

LoPips20

Awards
Hey guys I was wondering if there was anything I can do extra to help speed the recovery time of my Injury. About 2 months ago I found out i partially tore my pectoral major at the bicep base. However, I didnt realize right away and kept lifting. I suffered barely any/no noticable size and strength decreases and it has not gotten worse. Now after talking to the trainers at school they proposed atleast 2 weeks of rest with stim and ultrasound with ice everyday. Anything else to help out?

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
Warming up and stretching before and after working out from here on out.

And maybe some Cissus.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey guys I was wondering if there was anything I can do extra to help speed the recovery time of my Injury. About 2 months ago I found out i partially tore my pectoral major at the bicep base. However, I didnt realize right away and kept lifting. I suffered barely any/no noticable size and strength decreases and it has not gotten worse. Now after talking to the trainers at school they proposed atleast 2 weeks of rest with stim and ultrasound with ice everyday. Anything else to help out?

No. i would listen to your trainers, and make sure before you you take it easy the first couple of workouts.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cissus can reduce the inflammation and help recover faster. If any muscle/tendon/joint ever hurts I just start taking a bunch of cissus for a day or two and it's usually gone.

LoPips20

LoPips20

Awards
Yea, im not going to do any chest excersises until the soreness is gone in it. It kinda sucks too because we have spring testing in a few weeks for football but I rather get this healed up and not have it tear completely. Thanks for the info on cissus.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cissus can reduce the inflammation and help recover faster. If any muscle/tendon/joint ever hurts I just start taking a bunch of cissus for a day or two and it's usually gone.
REST!!! Listen to your trainer and let them coach you through it. Take extra caution from now on bro and best of luck to you.