preworkout protein

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
how beneficial is drinking a protein shake before lifting? I always have one in the morn between breakfast(9:00) and lunch(1:30) and then after i lift(5:20). I lift at 3:15 and eat at 1:30 so there isnt a whole lot of time between the two. I also have to take in my BCAA's, creatine, glutamine, ALC, Citruline, Beta alanine and a couple other things before i lift. Should i try and also add a protein shake in there?? im trying to put on mass like crazy, but i feel like the protein and extra 10 ounces of water bloats me up a lot. is it worth it to do this and feel bloated when i get to the gym?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
how beneficial is drinking a protein shake before lifting? I always have one in the morn between breakfast(9:00) and lunch(1:30) and then after i lift(5:20). I lift at 3:15 and eat at 1:30 so there isnt a whole lot of time between the two. I also have to take in my BCAA's, creatine, glutamine, ALC, Citruline, Beta alanine and a couple other things before i lift. Should i try and also add a protein shake in there?? im trying to put on mass like crazy, but i feel like the protein and extra 10 ounces of water bloats me up a lot. is it worth it to do this and feel bloated when i get to the gym?
i personally do not like protein right before i lift..and with the BCAA's, creatine, and others you take before you should be fine. Maybe adding some carbs to the BCAA's i could see but i do not think adding protein would be necessary.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
what kind of carb? i ussually just grab a nutri-grain bar

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
what kind of carb? i ussually just grab a nutri-grain bar
hmm i am not entirely sure as i usually do not eat any carbs close to my workout(by that i mean i eat 2hours before but nothing closer). I am sure some others can chime in here about that and i know some love WMS pre workout.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
why dont u eat carbs? i ussually get gased by the end of the two hours of lifting and cardio and get headaches if i dont?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
why dont u eat carbs? i ussually get gased by the end of the two hours of lifting and cardio and get headaches if i dont?
Well two hours pre workout i get around 120grams carbs with my P-slin meal and that is plenty to hold me through my workout. If i was to be lifting for two hours with cardio(i only lift around 1 hour) then i would definitely be getting carbs in alot closer to my workout and or during workout.