Best Protein?

liftbig74

Awards
What is the best protein to take when trying to lose body fat?

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
natural. from your whole foods. take the supp protein only to meet your req's.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
tuna eggs etc etc

But, if you want a good cutting protein go with a zero carb one, like whey isolate, natures best zero carb isopure is good

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good advice everyone up there :) whole foods are definitely the way to go on a cut because of the increased thermic value of the food over just a shake. I also find whole foods to be much more satisfying than shake. Really most protein shakes should be fine during a cut just make sure it stays within your macros(most should unless you buy a mrp). I personally like Ultra Peptide the most due to its Casein content.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
I have some samples of All the Whey whey isolate. It is low cal (105), Low fat (less than 1g), and low carb( 1g). It has 25 grams of protein per scoop and most of the flavors I have had so far are really good. This has my vote if you are talking about a protein powder.

Otherwise I would go with a big ole chicken breast or "extra lean" ground turkey.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WPI is the last protein you want to use on a cut. It digests too quickly and creates an acidic environment, which can lead to a negative nitrogen balance. A mix of MPI and egg would be the best, IMO, along with some form of healthy fats.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
WPI is the last protein you want to use on a cut. It digests too quickly and creates an acidic environment, which can lead to a negative nitrogen balance. A mix of MPI and egg would be the best, IMO, along with some form of healthy fats.

I knew that I digested quickly, but not that it created an acidic environment. :jaw: Good to know, good to know. Thanks for the info rodja!!

Goes to show, you really do learn something new everyday.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea didn't know about that acidic bit...rodja really knows alot of this stuff