Jungle Warfare Hair loss Newbie

teribleturtle

Awards
Hello, I am a newbie to this board but not a newbie to weightlifting. Anyways my question is regarding hair loss and Jungle Warfare. Monday I am set to begin an initial four week cycle of Jungle Warfare, this is the first time I experiment with pro-hormones of any sort. I would like to know if there are any serious risks of hair loss while taking such a product, if so what products are available to counter act the hair loss effect (conversion to DHT) that you all would recommend, also in what dosages? I have heard that Finasteride is commonly used to counteract hair loss and I would like to know if products containing this drug are available over the counter. Also I plan to do a 6-oxo PCT cycle after the eight week cycle which I hope to complete. FYI I am 22 yrs old, lifting 3 yrs, 5’7 175 lbs, don’t know my BF % but my abs are a bit visible if that helps.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
jungles not a pro hormone. and i dont think fina is available over the counter. i wouldnt worry about hair loss with jungle you should befine.

teribleturtle

Awards
What do you guys think about the 4 week 6-oxo PCT cycle following the 8 week Jungle Warfare cycle?

ocyeoman

Awards
I think you would be well advised to take some hair loss counter measures. I did a cycle of JW last spring and was utterly shocked by the resulting thinning of my hair. It was rather sudden and dramatic and took a while to recover from. Mind you, this is merely anecdotal, but there are plenty of other similar JW hair loss stories around the net.

teribleturtle

Awards
I think you would be well advised to take some hair loss counter measures. I did a cycle of JW last spring and was utterly shocked by the resulting thinning of my hair. It was rather sudden and dramatic and took a while to recover from. Mind you, this is merely anecdotal, but there are plenty of other similar JW hair loss stories around the net.
What would you suggest as far as a hair loss counter measure that is available over the counter? I am only considering this as a precaution as I have a very full head of hair and have not experienced any hair loss so to speak of. But it would greatly upset me if I did happen to loose lots of hair by taking such products

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I lost hair on JW, too.

I'd use revita shampoo, or Nizoral, at a minimum.

rcarracedo

Awards
what ever you do do not take Finasteride. it messes with your libido big time.

teribleturtle

Awards
3 weeks after discontinuing use of JW and I am still seeing some shedding particularly in the frontal region, which has made me really upset. Since I discontinued use I have began taking a saw palmetto extract supplement and have been using Nizoral 2% 3 times a week. Is it possible that JW permanently over sensitized my androgen receptors, thus leading to continued shedding?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Does male pattern baldness run in your family?

teribleturtle

Awards
Does male pattern baldness run in your family?
No it doesnt, none of my cousins, uncles, father or grandfathers were bald. I hear that the condition is likely passed from your mothers side if that is the case then absolutely no. All of this is very strange as i thought I was safe from it. I am just assuming the JW is too androgenic, I also experienced more facial hair growth ( and I have very little of it to begin with) and hair growing at the back of my hands ( never had any there before).

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I started shedding after a run with JW. Still shedding/thinning now too.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have run it several times and I'm still fuzzy all over.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I just ordered some revita...never tried it but have heard good things.

Awards
Check out my 'Jungle Warfare review'...Its in the supplement review forum...

teribleturtle

Awards
8 week 'Bad Ass Mass' cycle.

Quite sometime ago now, ~1 yr or so.
Have you done anything to try and stop the loss? I am thinking of asking my Dr. for propecia, do you guys think that a short term treatment of propecia would be effective in stopping further hairloss??? I still have alot of hair left, I am not too worried about growing back the lost hair, as the shedding left me with a straighter more even looking hairline, I just want it to stop where its at!!! Since ending the 3 week JW cycle 3 weeks ago I have been taking 360 mg of Saw Palmetto extract and using Nizoral 2% 3X per week, I also order some Beta Sitosterol extract (key ingredient in Saw Palmetto) to simply stop the shedding, any thoughts ideas?? Also those who used Nizoral 2% did it help? how long did it take?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Have you done anything to try and stop the loss? I am thinking of asking my Dr. for propecia, do you guys think that a short term treatment of propecia would be effective in stopping further hairloss??? I still have alot of hair left, I am not too worried about growing back the lost hair, as the shedding left me with a straighter more even looking hairline, I just want it to stop where its at!!! Since ending the 3 week JW cycle 3 weeks ago I have been taking 360 mg of Saw Palmetto extract and using Nizoral 2% 3X per week, I also order some Beta Sitosterol extract (key ingredient in Saw Palmetto) to simply stop the shedding, any thoughts ideas?? Also those who used Nizoral 2% did it help? how long did it take?

2% Nizoral 2-3x week. Not doing a whole lot, maybe it slowed it down, but I don't think so.

I'm VERY interested in Primordial Performance's Toco-8 product instead of Propecia/Finasteride due to sexual sides, etc.