question for the gym gurus

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
(excuse me if this isnt the right topic) so ive been hitting the gym constantly (5 days sometimes 6 a week) for about 9 months straight, lately ive been getting tired earlier and the intensity isnt there, I figured it was time for a week off right? next question should I continue using my supps or stop and continue them after the week break? (current stack is in my sig)

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
how long have you been on the current stack? also - do you do split wo's or multi?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well if you are going to take a week .I would not use the NO products, there is just no point in it.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Definitely time for a week off, your CNS will definitely appreciate it. Like Anony said how long have you been on?

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
this stack only about 2 weeks or so and i split up the body parts per workout, 1 day arms, 1 day legs, etc...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO, you should take a week off every 10-12 weeks to let your CNS and joints have some time to recuperate.

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
yea im guessing its time for a break, ive always been neurotic though because im afraid of losing what ive gained and such, im the typical hard gainer so it would suck for me to go down even though its only a week off

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry to much about it. I would keep protein high and rest. If your on creatine I would take off, but if your taking any cissus type products def keep taking them.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
As long as your diet is still in check and your getting in what you need to you won't loose any of your gains.

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
yea im gonna keep takin my cissus, Xtend, multi, fish oil, flax..etc but how about the mass fx, igf2 and drive? should i just save them or continue taking the igf2

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
If you're neuroticism remains like this for too long, you'll eventually diminish your immune system enough to the point when you'll be forced to take a break.

The DSM IV added megarexia in the previous revision which describes a disorder characterized by a constant obsession to gain mass paired with neurotic exercise behavior, abnormal eating patterns and some other cool stuff....

I think 90% of us have it.

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
If you're neuroticism remains like this for too long, you'll eventually diminish your immune system enough to the point when you'll be forced to take a break.

The DSM IV added megarexia in the previous revision which describes a disorder characterized by a constant obsession to gain mass paired with neurotic exercise behavior, abnormal eating patterns and some other cool stuff....

lol sounds good sign me up, cept im not trying to get huge :p

davidcyt

davidcyt

Awards
sorry, i am not an english speaker, what CNS means?
thank you!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I know for a fact that I do lol.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I see no need for a hard gainer to be in the gym 5-6 days a week. A 3 day split is probably more fitting IMO. Time to rest and grow is whats needed...you aren't growing in the gym, you are growing while recovering fro it. ALso, over training will leave you in a state of stress which will also hurt your ability to gain weight.

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
thanks for the info gents, greatly appreciated although no one answered the question bout whether I should keep taking the igf2, mass fx, or drive on my break :rolleyes:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info gents, greatly appreciated although no one answered the question bout whether I should keep taking the igf2, mass fx, or drive on my break :rolleyes:
I would keep on taking them but lower the dosages down to either non-workout days prescribed doses or even a little bit lower.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
definitely take a week off. Sounds like you are over training.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
You could always ask James the Help-You-Guru down in the Nutrition forum.. I'm sure he would tell you exactly what do.

He is the most experienced member on this board -- ask anybody.. he knows everything there is to know about everything barring two concepts 1) socially acceptable haircuts, 2) everything else.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Ask Bill Philips.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could always ask James the Help-You-Guru down in the Nutrition forum.. I'm sure he would tell you exactly what do.

He is the most experienced member on this board -- ask anybody.. he knows everything there is to know about everything barring two concepts 1) socially acceptable haircuts, 2) everything else.
hahaha :toofunny: