AAKG effect on glutamine?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Question AAKG effect on glutamine?

arginine alpha-ketoGLUTARATE?
    does the glutarate mean it will effect glutamine/glutamate levels? and have an effect on the GABA neurotransmitter?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Not that I know of.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gotDOMS View Post
    does the glutarate mean it will effect glutamine/glutamate levels? and have an effect on the GABA neurotransmitter?

I cant answer your question as have no idea lol but having once upon a time for a month taken glutamine with AAKG I felt that the glutamine made my AAKG less effective .
    The pump wasnt the same.

When I stopped taking glutamine as found it useless the pump got better. Ofcourse I am assuming your taking them both together pre workout if taking the glutamine post workout than doesnt matter
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gotDOMS View Post
    Essentially, the bonding of arginine to alpha ketoglutarate improves absorption, bioavailability, and potency. More specifically, one would obtain all the endothelial-lining-support and vasoldilation properties of arginine plus a number of cool benefits of alpha ketoglutarate (AKG), such as more arginine stability, bioavailability and absorption. Furthermore, alpha ketoglutarate will serve as a transport medium for arginine, making it directly available at the cellular levels for optimal synthesis. Beyond this, alpha ketoglutarate improves the endogenous production of of glutamine and glutamic acid, both important for muscle growth and for the immune system. AKG also binds to toxic ammonia in muscle cells, in the liver, and in the brain, thereby converting ammonia into glutamic acid, improving glutamine levels and assisting in elimination of toxic ammonia from the body. Lastly, as a Krebs Cycle intermediate, AKG improves VO2 Max and energy metabolism in muscle cells, and is consequently a potent ergogenic.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 12:51 PM
  2. CEE, AAKG, and Glutamine Log
    By Liquid13 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 08:01 PM
  3. Arginine (AAKG) - What shld I expect of AAKG?
    By extrememuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 10:52 AM
  4. does glutamine and bcaa's effect my RPM?
    By miamiracing in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 11:00 PM
  5. Effect of Glutamine of Postprandial Metabolism
    By the Cardinal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 01:05 PM