Good Protein Blend?

joelast

joelast

Awards
I'm looking to buy a good Protein Complex to take mid morning and before i go to bed, any experience with good products, or would it be better to just get casein?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
MPI from all the whey, awesome product for your needs.
Mix with 1 whole egg and some water, sweeten it up a little bit and you got a nice meal replacement/ b4 bed blend.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nice avatar joelast.I eat before bed.I drink a weight gainer shake in the morning and after wo,and a regular whey protien shake in the middle of night when i go to the bathroom.(pre mixed in the fridge)A 5lb tub of on 100% whey will last forever,i mix a liitle with oatmeal too,to bring to work.I have to buy a new tub of muscle juice every 10 days though.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Ultra Peptide 1 and DYA ProPepdtide are my favorite protein blends and both at good prices unlike Beverly proteins, which are good but too spendy.

UofIlifting11

Awards
met-rx protein plus chocolate is my favorite for a casein blend.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i also recommend the ultra peptide 1.0, both chocolate and vanilla have great flavor

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like MPI with egg protein. 3 different AA profiles and not overly pricey, plus it can be used for anything pre/post WO, MRPs, pre-bed, etc.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I agree, Ultra Peptide delivers! :p

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I am unsure here why a blend and not isolate?

joelast

joelast

Awards
I'm looking for something slower digesting, I want to take it both as a meal replacment and before bed, so i dont need the fast digestion of whey isolate.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I like ON or Ultra Peptide, I also like the blend I make on my own at True Protein.com

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
I am unsure here why a blend and not isolate?
he said this is for pre-bed and mid morning.

i think he's looking for a slower digesting longer lasting protein source for those times.

joelast

joelast

Awards
What is better, pure casein or a blend for right before bed?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
What is better, pure casein or a blend for right before bed?
A blend will provide you multiple digestion rates. This becomes an asset when you start cutting calories.

If you're in a surplus, it probably won't matter as much.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
my vote for ON's 100% Whey - solid, consistent, good-tasting WPI/WPC blend. No soy, virtually no carbs, virtually no fats.

Add a scoop of oat flour and/or casein for those special occasions...

Pound4Pound

Pound4Pound

Awards
I make my own blends from TrueProtein--top notch stuff

UofIlifting11

Awards
I read somewhere that taking in pure casein is not a good idea because of it being a hydrophobic protein so it just balls up and you poop it out. I'm not sure if this is BS or not though.