Cqr-300

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
i know this is a way underdosed cissus product and probably worthless but I did find it interesting.
then again it might all be lies.
I wrote them about it and its been a week and I havent gotten an answer but here goes. From soylabs site:

"
The principal androgen (male sex hormone) is testosterone. This steroid is manufactured by the interstitial (Leydig) cells of the testes. Secretion of testosterone increases sharply at puberty and is responsible for the development of the so-called secondary sexual characteristics (e.g., beard) of men.

Testosterone is also essential for the production of sperm. Production of testosterone is controlled by the release of luteinzing hormone (LH) from the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, which is in turn controlled by the release of GnRH from the hypothalamus. Luteinzing hormone is also called interstitial cell stimulating hormone (ICSH). The level of testosterone is under negative-feedback control: a rising level of testosterone suppresses the release of GnRH from the hypothalamus. This is exactly parallel to the control of estrogen secretion in females.

A number of synthetic androgens are used for therapeutic purposes. Unfortunately, these drugs also promote an increase in body weight and muscle strength. This has made them increasingly popular with athletes: weight lifters, cyclists, professional football players, etc.

Often these athletes take doses 100 times greater than those used in standard therapy. Such illicit use can result in side effects such as acne, a decrease in libido, testicle size, and sperm counts to name a few. The International Athletics Federation has established strict guidelines to test for and control the use of such substances that have been banned under the IAF rules.

A recent study was undertaken to investigate the role of Cissus quadrangularis in stimulating gonadotropins and to establish its use in male/female reproductive disorders as well as a safe alternative to synthetic androgens.*

50 Human healthy adult male volunteers were selected and each was given 120 capsules each containing either 150mg of Cissus quadrangularis (standardized to 5% keto-steroids) or 150mg microcrystalline cellulose. The bottles were coded and randomly distributed amongst the volunteers. Each volunteer was prescribed 1 capsule TDS ½ hour before meals.

Blood was drawn from each volunteer at day 1 and basal rates of testosterone, LH and FSH were determined. The volunteers were then called back at day 30 and day 60 for a second round of blood assay. The results are presented below:

These results show that serum testosterone levels were increased nearly 4 times over the levels at the beginning of the study. The largest increase in testosterone occurred in the first 30 days of this study.

* Gateway Health Alliances - publication in progress

© 2007 Soy Labs LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy Terms of Use Return/Refund Policy"

the graphs are on their site under the cissus ingredient category
and all this time i though cissus was non androgenic????

or did I not read enough cissus articles here and I missed something.