dhea and the best way to use it

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
Ok so ive read up a bit on dhea and 7-keto now is it beneficial at all to take a low dose of either for lean muscle gains or strength gains, as i hear too much can lead to cancer (mostly prostate)

im thinking about putting one or the other in a transdermal cream, i just wanna hear anyones feedback who has used either. any feedback much appreciated

later

also it just seems liek dhea can have anti-catabolic properties like thats all the new halodrol is, is like 7-keto and dhea and even then people said they gained a lb or 2 and leaned out a tad, so i assume low dosing the dhea at say about 100mg a day could have some nice effects as well as being good for your immune system no??

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
If your under 40 (which I'm assuming you are) then dhea will do little to nothing for you, even at moderately high doses.

7-keto supps WERE good for anti cortisol, but new supps such as Retain 2 are much better at controlling cortisol, which has helped me greatly on bulks and even moreso on cuts and as part of PCT.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If your under 40 (which I'm assuming you are) then dhea will do little to nothing for you, even at moderately high doses.

7-keto supps WERE good for anti cortisol, but new supps such as Retain 2 are much better at controlling cortisol, which has helped me greatly on bulks and even moreso on cuts and as part of PCT.

dhea at 50mg during pct helps my mood and my sex drive, and just overall. maybe a higher dose when ON cycle. since I cycle frequently....I guess I use dhea frequently... and I am under 40 so therefore I conclude it does have use to those with a similar lifestyle

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
dhea at 50mg during pct helps my mood and my sex drive, and just overall. maybe a higher dose when ON cycle. since I cycle frequently....I guess I use dhea frequently... and I am under 40 so therefore I conclude it does have use to those with a similar lifestyle
Im under the impression the OP does not use anabolics, therefore the dhea is useless at his young-middle age.

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established

just the answer i was looking 4

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
The whole thing is on cycle and as part of PCT dhea is great, but if natural its not. (I dunno if your natty or not)

why would u said for on cycle and pct it is great?? just wanna hear your logic on that, thanks again for the replys guys :thumbsup:

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
why would u said for on cycle and pct it is great?? just wanna hear your logic on that, thanks again for the replys guys :thumbsup:
My view is simply that putting dhea in your body your putting a mild prohormone in your body and as we all know PHs tend to decrease libido and natural test production.

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
My view is simply that putting dhea in your body your putting a mild prohormone in your body and as we all know PHs tend to decrease libido and natural test production.

but then on the other side of that spectrum mild PH also tend to put on a litttle tinny bit of size and definition :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
but then on the other side of that spectrum mild PH also tend to put on a litttle tinny bit of size and definition :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
a tiny bit is the key, I tried multiple dosages of dhea solo when we had extra bottles at the GNC I worked at years back, and it gave me no gains and shut down my libido mildly.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The whole thing is on cycle and as part of PCT dhea is great, but if natural its not. (I dunno if your natty or not)
that is correct. for the young NON AAS, NON hypo- gonadal male....dhea is not necessary

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
right obviously it isnt needed IF testosterone levels are stable and peaked. IF you are in PCT or ON cycle then it would help. IT DOES help the body produce more testosterone by other means than its conversion. (you compared it to a ph)...eh im not so sure. its a ph that's part of the bodies normal system anyway so i wouldnt consider it 'suppressive' per-say. I think the effects on your libido came about becuase you used it when it was not beneficial like you said. also it could be from the extra estro that dhea creates.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
When I'm 'on' I dose 100mg to 150mg per day. I don't use it if I'm not using anything else. I use it mainly to help fight lethargy.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
From my understanding dhea levels start to decline in the early 20s so it may be benificial to young men under 40.

fatboy

Awards
I've been taking 50 mg/day for 8 weeks after my testosterone levels came in at 370 ng/dl. I'm thinking andropause to go along with my metabolic sysndrome. Oh joy ... can't wait.

Since DHEA has the potential to convert into testosterone or estrogen (or a bunch of other metabolites like 7-keto), and since testosterone itself can metabolize into estrogen or DHT, I take some other supplements as prophylactics. Saw Palmetto and Pygeum to protect the prostate from any more DHT, stinging nettle to compete with testosterone for SHBG binding, and resveratrol to try and inhibit estrogen (or mimic it, or compete with it, or whatever the hell this crazy-ass complex does).

Might add some I3C, DIM, and Chrysin but will wait until I get my labwork done next week ("Can I please have a complete hormonal profile done this time doctor? Pretty please?").

So I don't really know what I'm doing and will use the labs to determine whether or not I will continue, but I do have one solid piece of evidence that something is going on. About 4 weeks into this regime, my morning fasting blood sugars have dropped from 100-105 mg/dl to 88-92 and have consistently stayed there. As my son says, "Dad, that's like normal people." Yes son, that it is.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
that is correct. for the young NON AAS, NON hypo- gonadal male....dhea is not necessary
thats all I was trying to convey, not that it is worthless, just that its worthless for young natty BBers

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
well im considering going on a blitz cycle and i shoulda layed that out there in my 1st post so from what i see 100mg seems to be the sweet spot when ON

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
well im considering going on a blitz cycle and i shoulda layed that out there in my 1st post so from what i see 100mg seems to be the sweet spot when ON
if by blitz cycle your talking about fizogen, please please do your homework cuz fizogen is BS

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
lol no a blitz cycle as in a 6 weeker test prop tren ace
o, if doing a real cycle then the dhea will likely be very helpful. Some of my buddies use tren ace that they homebrew from cattle pellets and they have amazing results.

I had for whatever thought you were going natty but wanting dhea, my bad!

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
o, if doing a real cycle then the dhea will likely be very helpful. Some of my buddies use tren ace that they homebrew from cattle pellets and they have amazing results.

so it benefits me how using it ON, i just wanna get my facts straight.

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
so say around 100mg what other people were talking about and maybe raising it to 150mg during pct??

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
100-200mg ON- fights lethargy, improves mood, helps with endocrine balance (can reduce certain sides), controls cortisol to some degree

PCT- 50mg- helps with mood, sex drive, and natural endocrine balance restoration..

if NOT using AAS and young/not experiencing andropause...then its not good to use

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

LatSpread-- PM me if you don't mind. I've got some "theoretical" questions regarding the homebrew from cattle pellets you're talking about. For my cattle, of course!:thumbsup:

fatboy

Awards
I've been taking 50 mg/day for 8 weeks after my testosterone levels came in at 370 ng/dl. I'm thinking andropause to go along with my metabolic sysndrome. Oh joy ... can't wait.
So I finished this little exploratory endeavor this week and went in for my labs. DHEA supplementation is incredible! After 9 weeks of 50 mg/day my DHEA levels came in right smack dab in the middle of the range for my age group (40-49 years old, 448 ng/dl) ... simply amazing ...

Meanwhile, my total testosterone dropped from 370 ng/dl to 214 ng/dl. Ouch. Well at least my estradiol seems okay (23 pg/ml). (Mixed emotions on this since I'm pretty sure I'd rather be a woman than a eunuch.)

Next up ... androgel 5 mg/day.

Told my son that Doc says I won't be a pussy for much longer. "Don't worry, Dad. You'll always be a pussy to me." Thanks, son. I love you too.

Should I take something like 6-OXO with this? I'm sick of eating broccoli and Brussel sprouts every day.

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
i dont know i would only use 6-oxo being ON somthing or pct

o wait your going to be using androgel