Best flavor for ON 100% whey protein

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
about to buy 10 pounds of the stuff and dont want to regret buying soo much. :food:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I say vanilla, it is BLAND! No sucralose added to it at all. It almost has no flavor at all which allows you to be able to mix it with most anything.

If you prefer something with flavor/sweetness however, do NOT get vanilla ON Whey. Personally, I love it.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had a bad flavor from ON. Vanilla and Strawberry get you the most servings per 10 lbs though.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had a bad flavor from ON. Vanilla and Strawberry get you the most servings per 10 lbs though.
That was another reason I like vanilla, the servings per container of vanilla are higher than any other flavor that ON makes. It's most noticable when you stand some of the 5lbs next to each other, vanilla is ~70 or 72 or something. Some of those flavors only have ~60, and they cost the same.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate, It's kinda hard to screw up chocolate.:thumbsup:

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the replies i like ill go with the strawberry gracias :thumbsup:

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
I personally hate vanilla, and strawberry. I like banana, chocolate, and cookies cream. I don't really care about flavors, but there is my opinion. Mark

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have only had chocolate and chocolate mint,both are good and have 77 servings in 5lb tub
EDIT:double rich chocolate

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, the pumpkin pie blended with a piece of real pumpkin pie and some milk makes a perfect PWO shake :D

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
Chocolate Mint sounds like a definite GO!! But what about the Tropical Punch?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Extreme Milk Chocolate is better than plain chocolate IMO. It has a sweeter taste for sure. Also, I have never had a good tasting strawberry protein shake. Someone shine some light here if there is a really good one out there...Like to shake things up a bit!

ecko223

ecko223

Awards
also wondering about the tropical punch, sorta weird :\

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Extreme Milk Chocolate is better than plain chocolate IMO. It has a sweeter taste for sure. Also, I have never had a good tasting strawberry protein shake. Someone shine some light here if there is a really good one out there...Like to shake things up a bit!
It's double rich chocolate,i have never used the regular.It's a whole different ball game mixed with milk,truly good.I usually mix with water,i already drink an a$$ load of milk a day.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I've never seen pumpkin pie ON, either. Where is it sold?

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
their all subpar, but the chocolate is the only flavor I find acceptable.

Cookies n Creme is by far the worst.

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards
for me the strawberry was awesome the first time or two i took it...after that it became sickenly sweet and i couldnt stand it

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
eggnog is also a good one. great when mixed with a little whiskey......or a lot

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
cant believe no one said Rocky Road! Loved it. I havent used ON whey for quite some time now. Rocky road is a winner im telling you!

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
I've tried the chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla ... all three tasted great ... didn't care for the cookies 'n cream

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is rocky road discontinued or something? seems like not much people have tried it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
eggnog is also a good one. great when mixed with a little whiskey......or a lot
I don't like it. but I usually buy the Southern Comfort brand eggnog (and mix with SoCo 100 proof) so i'm used to a slightly different taste :D

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
I don't like it. but I usually buy the Southern Comfort brand eggnog (and mix with SoCo 100 proof) so i'm used to a slightly different taste :D
One of the reasons i look forward to christmas every year.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
their all subpar, but the chocolate is the only flavor I find acceptable.

Cookies n Creme is by far the worst.

Ditto on the Cookes n Creme part. Tastes like somebody threw up on some Soft Batch.

I'm diggin the Chocolate Mint right now. Only downside is you can't mix any other flavor with it. Vanilla and Chocolate are good too. I thought Strawberry tasted OK, but didn't like the way it mixed.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
I happen to like the cookies and cream. I personally stick to Vanilla for almost everything but my wife loves all the crazy flavors out there so I try them every once in a while.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
not that i know of. but it doesnt hurt to ask.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
Get Strawberry or milk chocolate, not going wrong there, DO NOT GET ROCKY ROAD IT TASTES LIKE OUT OF DATE ANAL

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Gingerbread. Almost as good as the All The Whey cinnamon bun

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I say vanilla, it is BLAND! No sucralose added to it at all. It almost has no flavor at all which allows you to be able to mix it with most anything.

If you prefer something with flavor/sweetness however, do NOT get vanilla ON Whey. Personally, I love it.
The new ON Vanilla Ice Cream tastes like melted vanilla ice cream!! It's not nearly as bland as it used to be. It's freaking awesome! :D

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Double chocolate everytime! Im using one scoop of cycle support in my shake, so now it tastes like vomit.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I loved so co back in the day,i have finished many bottles taking it straight,I think i had 3-4 cranberry juice so co cocktails,other than that it was all bottle and shot glass :)
Usually take shots in between keystone ice,can't believe i drank that,no wonder the so co was so good.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I hear you way out there!!!!!!

is rocky road discontinued or something? seems like not much people have tried it.
No i dont believe they are discontinuing it as it is still listing it on their website. Many people probablt go wit the well know flavors like Choc, Van, strawberry. I myself have been using the choclate for over a year now i like it

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nobody said chocolate mint either? Ive only tried the chocolate, chocolate mint, and rocky road. I see reviews for everything else and they didnt look good. Alot of companies screw up strawberry and even vanilla so i never picked those up. And the cookies n cream i heard is just putrid.

1meand

Awards
I tried the double rich chocolate and it was ok, but I always get the tropical punch. It isn't too strong or too weak of a flavor, it's just right. Try some....do it.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
nobody said chocolate mint either? Ive only tried the chocolate, chocolate mint, and rocky road. I see reviews for everything else and they didnt look good. Alot of companies screw up strawberry and even vanilla so i never picked those up. And the cookies n cream i heard is just putrid.
i had a 5lb tub of cookies n cream. first time i tried it i thought damn this is the nicest thing ive ever tasted. after about 3 shakes i couldn't stand the stuff! way to sickly.

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
Their customer service informed me they are soon coming out with a root beer flavor as well as a sampler package consisting of all their flavors.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Root beer? i remember trying that once when i was in teh states. I would rather drink CEE and HMB mixed in water then touch that stuff ever again. Dr Pepper is bad but not that bad. Disgusting.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
double chocolate for me as well.

however in my last order i accidently forget to choose my flavor before check-out and the default is vanila.

i do NOT like their vanilla. i still choked down 10lbs of that stuff becasue i couldn't waste it at $80/bag.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
basicly if you want to stay safe chocolate is the one, extreame milk chocolate is better than the double rich apparently

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established

Thought I said choc mint before. I like it a lot, though I will probably get sick of it eventually and change things up. And yes, cookies n creme is putrid.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
i had a 5lb tub of cookies n cream. first time i tried it i thought damn this is the nicest thing ive ever tasted. after about 3 shakes i couldn't stand the stuff! way to sickly.

Ha! This is EXACTLY my experience with cookies n cream too! It started out OK, but went down the crapper in a hurry. I ALMOST bailed on the last couple pounds of it, but couldn't stomach flushing that much cash.

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
That is why I will pay the extra few bucks per pound for the 2lb container. I don't want to get burned out on a flavor and not return to it. Right now I am considering the Choco Mint and Tropical Punch since they are two extremely different tastes.