Protein question!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not that I am thinking of switching brands or anything, but I would like to try some different proteins. Any of you knowledgeable ladies and gentlemen know of any great tasting, cost effective, underrated protein blends out there? I am currently using ON Extreme Milk Chocolate. Only other thing I have tried is MMilk back in the day. Thanks guys!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Not that I am thinking of switching brands or anything, but I would like to try some different proteins. Any of you knowledgeable ladies and gentlemen know of any great tasting, cost effective, underrated protein blends out there? I am currently using ON Extreme Milk Chocolate. Only other thing I have tried is MMilk back in the day. Thanks guys!
Isopure is kick @ss!!But not the cheapest...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i would try Ultra Peptide i think it tastes pretty darn good and is a very nice blend. Some others i liked were intrapro by gaspari(strawberry) and ISS Research Micellar Matrix

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
I've been using SciFit Econo Whey Mocachino Delight. You can get a 5 pound container for $30. The taste is pretty good.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Is it for post workout use, general use or mrp?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just for general use. A good MRP not be bad though. Could drink it at work as a snack. Hrmmm.
If you are also looking for a MRP i would add Ultra Peptide 2.0(Peanut butter and chocolate) and San Infusion(Vanilla Caramel) to what i already listed.

L

LimitTester

Awards
All The Whey covers all three of those categories. Fast shipping too.

packers1200

packers1200

Awards
muscle milk is good but do plenty of cardio i just finished off a bottle of it and it made me fat.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
Try Optimum milk chocolate, strawberry and cookies and cream, belive me x2 :cheers:

GuitarHero

GuitarHero

Awards
My friend recently went through a big tub of Syntrax Matrix... He really liked it.

I've had a few samples of it and its probably the best tasting stuff I've had. I caught myself licking the inside of the shaker. :fool2:

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
My friend recently went through a big tub of Syntrax Matrix... He really liked it.

I've had a few samples of it and its probably the best tasting stuff I've had. I caught myself licking the inside of the shaker. :fool2:
The vanilla Matrix 5.0 is horrible.

Im sticking with my ON Chocolate. I havent found anything that tastes as good.

And never ever buy a fruit flavoured protein. Disgusting!!

GuitarHero

GuitarHero

Awards

I don't remember if I had the vanilla... I know I had cookies and cream and chocolate though.

I tried a co-worker's fruit flavored protein shake once and I actually really liked it, but I can't remember the brand and I don't work with him anymore...

Ya I like ON too. I got EAS Chocolate this time b/c it was like $12-15 cheaper and it's actually pretty comparable to ON.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established

Isn't it quite humorous that everyone has such a diverse sense of tatse...You cant please alll! lol

Anyhow I agree I thought the syntrax fruit was going to be great (all i hear is rave reviews) turns out to be complete garbage!!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have to plug All the Whey protien blend here.....they have really good prices and every single flavor i have tried is awesome! ..no sh1t.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Ive been doing ATW for like 15 pounds worth of protein by now. Im almost done with it, I ordered some good old syntrax fruit flavors to see how that turns out :)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hate those sytrax fruit flavors....they get tiring fast.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
I've been using ON flavors for like 4 years now. Every time I try something else I just come back to ON.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
I've been using ON flavors for like 4 years now. Every time I try something else I just come back to ON.
Yea stick to ON, i dont think anything else comes close for the taste, price, quality etc

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i use atw Milk Protein Isolate. CHOCOLATE. it might not be very sweet in flavor - but makes a difference in the results as compared to my experience with whey.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
majorpain

majorpain

Awards
Right now I have MRM's Chocolate Whey protein and Optimum Nutrition's Chocolate Pro Complex. I blend them using water and of the two, ON chocolate by far. I love this stuff.

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All the whey cinnamon bun is unique and fantastic both :)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
muscle milk is good but do plenty of cardio i just finished off a bottle of it and it made me fat.
There is a guy at the gym that takes this and he said it put a lot of fat on him.

Cellar...Your rep is 666. AHHHH!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I drink the Optimum Nutrition already...

Thank you guys for all of the ideas. I might just have to try ATW out. As far as fruit goes...I tried some Isopure powder one time and it gagged me real bad.

S

sadhu108

Awards
I drink the Optimum Nutrition already...

Thank you guys for all of the ideas. I might just have to try ATW out. As far as fruit goes...I tried some Isopure powder one time and it gagged me real bad.
AST Whey Isolate is one of the best ones you can be sure about that !!! I have used common few which are strongly advertised but when I switched to AST whey it was quite a difference. Maybe their HSC creatine was responsible for that too since I changed to it on same time.

Sasha James
http://www.advice-masters.com/

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Because of my tight budget, I buy Body Fortress 100% Premium Whey Protein (from Walmart). It has 52 grams of protein/serving, low in cal & fat, over 7 grams of BCAAs, contains 14 servings/container, mixes very well, and costs only $14. It's pretty fantastic, and I'll probably never buy a different kind.

Another tip, if you're thinking of buying this product, buy the vanilla. In the past I have drunk only chocolate-powder protein shakes, but their chocolate does not taste good at all. The vanilla is at least par.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Because of my tight budget, I buy Body Fortress 100% Premium Whey Protein (from Walmart). It has 52 grams of protein/serving, low in cal & fat, over 7 grams of BCAAs, contains 14 servings/container, mixes very well, and costs only $14. It's pretty fantastic, and I'll probably never buy a different kind.

Another tip, if you're thinking of buying this product, buy the vanilla. In the past I have drunk only chocolate-powder protein shakes, but their chocolate does not taste good at all. The vanilla is at least par.
lol I CANT stand that crap lol everyones entitled to there opinion though...Its understandable though if you are on a budget....

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
i use atw Milk Protein Isolate. CHOCOLATE. it might not be very sweet in flavor - but makes a difference in the results as compared to my experience with whey.
Completely agree with this. I usually mix this with banana isolate post workout, and I definitely notice i have more energy after workouts, and recovering quickly between sessions.

truckdaddy

truckdaddy

Awards
i would try Ultra Peptide i think it tastes pretty darn good and is a very nice blend. Some others i liked were intrapro by gaspari(strawberry) and ISS Research Micellar Matrix

nothing taste better than Ultra Peptide, high quality protien

GuitarHero

GuitarHero

Awards

If you look at it though, you're paying $1/serving; or if you take half at a time, that's still $.50 per. If you get something like ON or EAS you get like 80 servings for around $35-45, so it's basically the same deal...

L

LimitTester

Awards
If you look at it though, you're paying $1/serving; or if you take half at a time, that's still $.50 per. If you get something like ON or EAS you get like 80 servings for around $35-45, so it's basically the same deal...
Or even a worse deal if you factor in the quality of protein that you are probably getting.

packers1200

packers1200

Awards
try out scifit whey protein. low carb and fat and includes BCAAs